The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Intuition by Hondo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Intuition by Hondo
Medium: Playing card based mentalism DVD instructions
Arena: Close up mentalism
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

Intuition by Hondo is an effect with a great number of presentational options open to the performer. The basic routine is a spectator picks a number from one to 52, no force is used. The spectator counts down to that number, the card is put aside, and the rest of the deck counted down and shown to be a regular deck. The selection is turned over and it matches a card you earlier placed in an envelope, or wrote down, or put on your arm, any of that good stuff. Again, no force is used and the spectator handles the deck, counts down to the number he picked and the cards are not switched. Really, I wouldn’t kid you.

What you are really getting is kind of a kit. The instructions are on DVD but you also have a PDF file with written instructions in both English and Spanish. You also get a specially made deck created by Hondo, yes the deck is spread out but you cannot let the spectator play with it, there is no reason your should let them handle the deck after they count down to their card anyway. You also get a hint sheet which, to be honest, intimidated me at first but I quickly realized that I didn’t need to worry about it. The camera used wasn’t the best, the focus isn’t digital quality but it is well lit and it doesn’t matter than you can’t make out every detail of a card back when listening to the instructions. The sound is top notch and I understood everything fine. Considering this was done at home the producer, David Leon, did an outstanding job.

David Leon, the producer, performer, and instructor, is a very personable guy who does a better than average job explaining the effect. Some math is involved and I’m not a math guy but David explains everything and I was able to understand completely right off the mark and had no problem doing the effect. This is my first encounter with David and I like him. The deck itself is very interesting and easy to work with. There was one aspect I didn’t care for, that was the counting of all the cards to set up the ending, but I started doing the final count and I can thumb the cards very quickly while talking. I don’t know how the heck Hondo figured this deck out, I sure don’t have that type of mind. The effect, if presented right, is strong and as I said there are a lot of ways to show the selection and the prediction matching. When I performed this at the bar I had a card picked by a woman from a blue back deck then did the effect with the red back and showed the cards matched, of course I forced the blue backer.

Over all I was really impressed by this routine and I’m not all that wild about needed special decks. David is to be congratulated for putting out a good product like this, it plays strong and may be worthy of your consideration.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hello MagicSanta, David Leon Here.
Thank you for the great review. I am glad Hondo came up with this trick and I was happy to produce it. By the way I just bought a HD video camera for future projects! I have had a lot of messages from others that have this trick and love it too.

Thanks for your support!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Oh, didn't know you were here, you are welcome as it was deserved.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang,

I just wrote up the Magic Fridayfor Intuition here:

Magic Friday

AIP,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Great Review, thanks Jamie!
I have been getting great feed back and reviews! Intuition has been one of the best sellers this year from the wholesaler.
thanks for everyone's support!
Astrolan
View Profile
New user
Russian Federation
10 Posts

Profile of Astrolan
Hi guys. Im from Rusia, so please forgive me for my language. Yesterday I bought the Intuition and that's what I can tell you. This is just brilliant. Now for me this is the best among the similar effects. My wife, whom I first showed this effect said only one thing in common: How can it be! This is not real! My advice for you. By it, show it and your audience will be amazed!
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I Really like this effect I sold my deck to another magician friend because I had a way to make it exactly the same but with the prediction card being the 7 of spades so I always start the effect by having someone quickly name a number between 1 and 10 and if they name 7 which happens quite a bit I subtly equivoqe the suit to spades making it a true ACAAN miracle which happens in the specs hands. If they don't name 7 I just say good now I can judge the kind of person you are because I'm gonna ask you to name a larger number between 1 and 52. Then I pull out my prediction wich is just a torn corner of a 7 of spades from my SAW wallet and It's plainly seen to be the only corner card not that that matters because I leave it out in the open anyways. When this works right for me I don't think there is another ACAAN effect out there to compare if not it's still a great Predicted CAAN. Just my thoughts.

Langston

Although I will perform this much more just for the simple fact that I can have a miracle I think I like The Grail as far as Predicted CAAN's go just for the quick reset. No one has ever asked to look at the prediction.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
I received this last week - its VERY clever!
I cant wait to try it out in front of an audience
I love it so much I am ordering another deck so I can repeat the effect
Cant remember when I was so excited about a card trick!!

Martin
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Just received mine.
I have a few ACAAN tricks but this version goes straight to the top.This IS the one you will do.
It doesn't take too long to get it down and I thoroughly recommend ths.You will not be disappointed.

BARRY
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi All:

General question:

Is this effect:
One, and only one, p********n per deck?

Thanks!

Sixten
P.S./Reason being: After reading Mr. Duffy's, above, thread/3rd. sentence.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hello Sixten, I did answer your questions on a PM but wanted to make sure everyone has the answers they need. I did post the answers to most all questions in my original thread here. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&41 I posted a lot more info so hopefully it will help make a decission if this right for you or not. Hope this helps.
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Is it any different from the Monte Cristo deck?
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hey There Thomas, good to hear from you again.
The Intution deck and routine is VERY different from the Monte Cristo deck. I have some details about the routine and anwers to question at the above posted link. There might be some info there to help you. For one thing, Intuition is a much better price then the Cristo. I am sure both will have advantages depending on what you want to do with it.
Hope this helps!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hi lets say if I wanted to make my own deck would it be possible?
Silvert0ne
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Silvert0ne
Can someone explain the advantage of this over doing the exact same effect with a M****e d**k? You can still count down and spread the cards. Plus there is no +1 or +2 situation. Thanks in advance!
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
When I got it, I found demo is a trick.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hello Silverone, There is no other special deck available that will be able to do the same routine as Intuition. The MD you are asking about is a great deck and it can do many great tricks. You will not be able to have the spectator deal and count the cards because of the way it is made. Hope this helps.

Taiwanben: I don't under stand what you ment by you found demo is a trick? The demo video for Intuition shows you the effect and is real. If you did get Intuition and need help please feel free to PM me. I am happy to help. It is a great trick and you will blow people away when you do it right.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
The thinking behind this is very, very good.
Forget the garbage you might see regarding plus 1,2 ect...from others
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Intuition by Hondo (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL