The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jim Sisti's new book " (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jim Sisti, well known to many of us for his Magic On The Menu column in Magic magazine, has a new book coming out called "The Restaurant Magic Reader". Jim allowed me to look at the book while it's at the printer.

The new book came about because Jim had material that was scattered throughout magazines like Genii, MAGIC, M-U-M, etc. and he decided to put it all together. Some of it has never been in print before.

It’s at the printer now so it should be available within the next week to ten days. Murphy’s will be distributing it, so all dealers and shops will carry it. Jim says it will be trade paperback sized, perfect bound, and will retail for 30.00.

If you want to get a signed copy from Jim direct, you can e-mail him at: jimsisti@comcast.net

Richard Osterlind wrote the forward and said he started the book at 9PM and finished it at 1AM. I like to take my time when reading any book and I planned on spending the next week reading it. Well, I found I couldn't put it down. I finished it just after midnight ( I'm slower than Richard, but was just as enthralled ).

ANYONE interested in performing in restaurants will find the information in the book to be of interest. It covers it all from finding places to work, how to land the gig, choosing a performing character and even the types of effects that work best.

It covers the topic from soup to nuts. There's prop maintenance, borrowing objects, promotion, outside work.

Also, topics like burning out ( yep, it can happen ), a subject that doesn't get enough attention: touching.

Attention is given to how to keep the gig, working with management and how to get a following.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This should be available at dealers soon.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Gang, the book is now available at http://www.themagicmenu.com

Jim said it's regularly 30.00 but as a special offer to the Café, if magiccafe ( no space between magic and Café ) is entered in the discount code box ( it's right under the BUY NOW box that you click on ), the book is only 25.00 postpaid and autographed on request.

This book is work many times the $30 ( or $25 for Café members ). I worked in restaurants back in the 1980's 7 nights a week and if I had this info I would have been saved an enormous amount of time and energy by doing the right things.

andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
876 Posts

Profile of andykean
Ordered looks like a bargin to me
thanks
Chris
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
This is a real nice book! We just got them in so you can ask your favorite dealer and they should be able to get it for you.

This is a must if you work or plan on working restaurants.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Can you get them directly from Jim?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Hi Jeff,

Check out Christopher's 3rd post above.

Magico
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
This is Jim's site, http://www.themagicmenu.com
or you can email him (pm him here at the Café for the address).

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jim Sisti's new book " (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL