The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Finally taking on the challenge of fatherhood...parrot style (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mysterious JO
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of mysterious JO
Cyberqat wild birds can be tamed. with a lot of love time understanding patience and rewards anything is possible! sure wild birds belong in the wild but they can be tamed! and the best time to get a bird when they are just weaned and hand raised! I got my girl when she was 5 months old hand fed and now she is just a talker! talks up a storm! bonded to me! I also suggest staying away from pet stores if you can help it! UNLESS you know the store really well! I prefer going to a private breeder. I always had good luck there! I had a really bad experience once with a pet store.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
If you know what you are doing you can find good pet stores.
Its a lot like finding a good avian vet... it gets easier with practice as you learn what to look for.

All our birds came from pet stores, but all the pet stores were specialty bird stores (often they also do fish and maybe lizards) and were very well run by very knowledgeable people.

As for wild birds, I'm one of those who believes that bird raised by birds always think of themselves as birds, whereas birds raised by people think of themselves as people. For this reason, I think its fundamentally cruel to keep wild-raised birds in captivity unless its a rescue situation where there is no other choice.

Also, with the populations of wild exotics already under pressure from habitat destruction, I think its an ecologically irresponsible thing to do.

YMMV.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Btw... I dunno if someone already mentioned this... but parrots chew wood. Big parrots chew big wood... like furniture if you aren't careful. This is bad for both the parrot and the furniture.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
mysterious JO
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of mysterious JO
Innercircle sooo true but in my case I don't trust pet stores! they tried a bait and switch on me! I left a down deposit on a red factor grey told the lady I was going around the block to with draw the money she said ok when I got back there she handed me another bird! we argued and fought. she told me that wasnt the bird I looked at and wanted mean while I had a witness with me! then I asked for my down deposit back and she refused! so then she threatened me with the police I said oh yeah go for it I will get my deposit back then going to the bbb. she said I had no right I said oh I do! the police came we all talked and I got my money back and they arrested her on fraud and bad practice and I think the police saw something that shouldnt have been and that was the main reason for arrest! so now you can see why I dislike pet stores! if it had been a better situation things would be different! but the main thing is I am happy with my little girl! she chose me I didn't choose her! but I had in mind of what I wanted!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Finally taking on the challenge of fatherhood...parrot style (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL