The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Ofeensive language in reel magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I'd prefer that you stop the coarse language for the purpose of making the magazine classier. To say it's for the kids is a cop-out. If you listen to kids nowadays, their language is just as coarse as adults, well, unless their three.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
No one can be offended by what you DON'T say! Keep up the great work, Koz!

Doug
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
Just my 2 cents on this topic and censorship. Censorship is when you are not allowed to express your self and your feelings. However, making the decision to keep course language out is good for bussiness, it is good for parents, and it is also shows a more professional and positive direction for this publication. there is already enough negativity out there in the world. THIS IS NOT CENSORSHIP. any one with an elementary school education should have a broad enough vocabulary that they can still express them selves and there opinions, without using a few select words and phrases. Keep in mind the decision to block certain points of views, and opinions was not made, that is what censorship really is. If one is not able to do that then, that is not kozmo's fault that one idividual does not have the vocabulary of a 5th grader.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Keep up the good work Koz.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
So my suggestion to have strippers introduce the Move Monkey section is being passed on? Sigh. Subscriptions would triple.

I once went to a lecture by a popular magician. It was held in a room in a restaurant/lounge. Next door was a "gentleman's club". Well....when a shift ended, the gals came into the lounge of the restaurant and passed by the lecture room. One by one....the fellows started leaving the lecture and going into the lounge.

Sex sells. Even L&L has added 'female entertainers' in the audience.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-06-23 16:36, Carrie Sue wrote:
Thanks to Fritz for his comments. Men need to remember that female magicians also are watching these videos, and whether it's for entertainment or education, I firmly believe you don't have to be dragged through the mud for it.

Carrie

Wait a second... Your saying that the problem with having coarse language in reel magic (According to you) is that WOMEN may watch it. That's why it should change?

What kind of a load of bunk is that?

I think you need to listen to the way that WOMEN talk these days.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I was going to say. . . my daughter could make a sailor blush. . . and she didn't learn it (all) from me. . . her mom was a much better source of offensive language than me.
What would Wavy do?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
In short, because some people use dirty language, we all must endure it?

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » Ofeensive language in reel magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL