The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Routines using red/black setup - suggestions, please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Ditto Tobias, Galaxy is very straight forward.
Magic is a vanishing art.
tobias harmann
View Profile
New user
North Piddle, UK
91 Posts

Profile of tobias harmann
The best part of it is that theonly (small) piece of illogicality is carried out when the spectators have seen enough to convince them that the impossible has already occurred. The built-in misdirection is therefore perfect (so long as the presentation and audience-handling is carried out well). This is the genius of the method.

Aktino - I hope you don't mind me saying, but your question seems a little bit strange. A red-black separation is just one of lots of different pre-set deck arrangements. The key thing really is: what effect are you trying to create? When you know that, then you can select an appropriate method. Perhaps you are really wanting to ask if people can contribute their knowledge about certain special features/aspects of the red-black alternating stack - features that can be exploited in creating effects. If so, it may be best if people provide their book recommendations on this topic (I suspect that this is covered in many other threads).
sangita
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sangita
Don't be so worried about it Harry. You are known for so many contributions, and you are by far, the best teacher of magic out there. You might as well let someone else get credit for one or two of your creations. Share the wealth! We're all brothers here after all.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4829 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Getting back to the original question regarding efects with a red-black set-up, Out of this Universe is unbeatable.
However if you want something a little different which involves predictions and a red-black set-up, take a look at February 2009 MAGIC Magazine in "Talk About Tricks" where you'll find an explanation of my card effect "Chance or Choice" in Joshua Jay's column.

Larry
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 19:07, Harry Lorayne wrote:
We all know where edh is coming from. Just check ANY thread where I am and you'll see. But he's good for a laugh. Such obviousnes is charming. Just be aware of who is posting these gems of wisdom.

...and who is trying to sell a book. Smile
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8313 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I'll keep trying to sell my books, just as I'm always asked to do and, of course, you'll keep up with your idiotic jealousy, put-downs, obviousness, foolishness, downright viciousness. Boy! Do we need people like you! Really. Good comparison. HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
pickles71
View Profile
New user
Cheshire, UK
5 Posts

Profile of pickles71
Harry's "The colourful assembly" from the classic collection #1 is a great practical worker IMHO. So simple but gets great reactions.
tobias harmann
View Profile
New user
North Piddle, UK
91 Posts

Profile of tobias harmann
In my experience, accusations of jealousy where jealousy does not exist, are motivated by the foolish arrogance of the accuser.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 10:21, Harry Lorayne wrote:
I'll keep trying to sell my books, just as I'm always asked to do and, of course, you'll keep up with your idiotic jealousy, put-downs, obviousness, foolishness, downright viciousness. Boy! Do we need people like you! Really. Good comparison. HL.

Jealousy - why would I be jealous of you? I don't know you personally.

put-downs - please tell me where I put you down?

obviousness, foolishness - All I did was state that I like the Green Angle separation and Galaxy.

downright viciousness - your are the one that has called me names "idiotic jealousy" never have I said anything that was vicious.

I disagree with you and you jump down my throat. "Boy! Do we need people like you!"
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8313 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Ha.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I've heard a lot of folks talk about how much they like Galaxy. I have it (in the Magical Arts Journal and one of the Harris books), Ilearned it and I performed it, and I just never cared for it. The reveal bothered me. I like the original, four-packet type of routines better. Though I freely admit that this is just personal preference.

I think The Great Divide is an excellent tool. Another excellent one that seems lesser known is The Grismer Cull. It can be used effectively for R/B separation.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Routines using red/black setup - suggestions, please (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL