We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Kevin Fox - RIP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
SAD NEWS:

For those who didn't know, Kevin Fox (who posted here) has suddenly passed away. He was a friend, a great character and a great magician. I'm upset... terribly. We only chatted three days ago, too...

Paul Gordon
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family!
May he rest in peace,

Mick
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
My condolensces go out to his immediate family...may he rest in peace...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1248 Posts

Profile of Medifro
OH MaN Smile
I began learning his work the last year, his center double lift, his Foxy flip out of apocalypse mag. ... He will be missed.
My condolences go out to his family

Feras Smile
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Rest in peace Kevin...
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hey that sux
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10805 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WE EMAILED EACH OTHER CHRISTMAS
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
He'll be missed. A great sense of humor. Always had a laugh when we bumped into each other at conventions. He had been working on a Peter Kane tribute lecture but don't know whether he finished putting it together or lectured with it anywhere. I was expecting to see him at Blackpool.

Paul.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1248 Posts

Profile of Medifro
I hope a book will be planned about collecting his material. Great thinker.

How old was he by the way?

- Feras
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Medifro,

I guess he was about 70. (Not old in this day & age.)

Paul Gordon
jennings
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of jennings
Hi Paul,

Sorry for being out of touch with you for so long. I will email you separately about that.

Two weeks ago tonight I did my audition for The Manchester Order Of The Magi. For my act I required a couple of assistance to pick cards. I chose Brian Glover and Kevin Fox. Both of them had become great inspirations to me and to have them participate in my act was a great honour. I bought Kevin a pint after I passed the audition.

I received a phone call informing me of Kevin's death at teatime on Monday and I was devastated by the news. He was a true gentleman and had a depth of magical knowledge that was matched by few. My condolences go out to Kevin’s family. I know that Kevin was very close to Brian Glover and I am also thinking of him at this sad time.

Like many others I had talked with Kevin about the forthcoming Blackpool convention. He was looking forward to attending. At Blackpool this year it seems that along with Frank Hudson we will be mourning the passing of two great magical thinkers and performers.

A sad sad day.
JR Russell
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JR Russell
I met Kevin for the first time at the Session last weekend and we had a terrific time. He taught me his version of the slop shuffle and his sleeve aces. We shared many pints together in the late night sessions over the weekend and some nice conversations at breakfast and dinner. We were looking forward to meeting up in Blackpool...what a great guy...I am glad I got to know him...VERY SAD
TonyMc
View Profile
New user
Glossop, UK
52 Posts

Profile of TonyMc
Kevin's business was just around the corner from where I worked and we never met up. I met him for the first time a couple of months ago at a dealers day and along with Frank Hudson, Jim Critchlow and a few others sat with Kevin in the bar. I realised what an opportunity I had missed over the years not getting to know the man. We not only talked about magic but I discovered that, like me, he was a guitar nut and a thoroughly nice bloke.

My condolences go out to his family.
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
60 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
Kevin was one of the best!

I agree with everything that's been said, and I'd like to add that he was one of the most generous hearted men I have ever met. He loved to see well performed magic and comedy, and was the first to recommend and praise anyone with something good. Personally speaking, the look of pleasure on his face when recounting a memorable perfomance he had witnessed is the thing I'll remember most.

It was a privilege to count him as a friend.

RIP Kev - we'll all miss you!

Dave
manks123
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of manks123
RIP Kevin. From what the stories say it sounds like you were a great man. Too bad I never got the chance to meet him.

Stefan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Kevin Fox - RIP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL