The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Shrinking Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dushokd
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of dushokd
I saw a magician perform a routine where he had a normal sized deck of cards and right before your eyes the cards shrunk. They got smaller and smaller until they were just red and black tissue paper and fell to the stage. I am interested in finding this trick but have no idea what it is called or what I should be searching for. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of this effect. Is there a special book or DVD you would recommend?
Read and Write Magic Reviews at ReviewMagic.com
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
Start your search with the words Dimminishing Cards.
Back No 67
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Back No 67
Has anybody every published an Expanding cards effect? Something where the cards get bigger?
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1184 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
John Kennedy has a commercial version of Diminishing Cards

Tommy Wonder has a great version, that you have to build. It's pretty easy to build - no problem - takes 2 hours time. Look in his marvellous books "Visions of Wonder" - the best books around - pure class A material.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 3:42am
Sorry the book are called "Books of Wonder"

Jan
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
There is one out there called Diminishing Returns by Mike Powers. It is a great effect and always stuns the audience. I have it and love it.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17082 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2009-07-15 09:36, TC Ryder wrote:
There is one out there called Diminishing Returns by Mike Powers. It is a great effect and always stuns the audience. I have it and love it.
TC

Yes, an excellent effect, as are all the others on his Website ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3398 Posts

Profile of Julie
U.F. Grant's Diminishing Cards is an easy way to accomplish this effect. No moving parts and very practical method.

Unavailable for years, occsionally a set appears on the big auction site.

Julie
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
Mike Powers' Diminishing returns - I can recommend that. Especially the short routine. The long routine is a bit too long for me, the chances for mistakes rise exponentially.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Shrinking Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL