The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » A new Nate Kranzo DVD "Kranzo's Extreme Seminar" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've been a huge fan of Nate's work ever since MagicSmith released Nate's first DVD
"Outside The Box". Nate's a professional magician and the routines he shares always work in the real world after being honed by him over the years.

I checked his site and he has a new DVD coming out called "Kranzo's Extreme Seminar"
http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/product......-seminar

I'm excited to see Nate's work on the Hip Pocket Mullica Wallet ( The Tim Trono/Tim Miller version which Nate carries on his site )

And...Nate is tipping the work he has on Chris Kenner’s 3-Fly. I've heard about this for years and this may be worth the price of admission, so to speak.

Price: $34.95 and free shipping world wide. I've ordered direct from Nate for years and he always ships immediately.

The site says this starts shipping Friday!

From the ad:

On Kranzo’s Extreme Magic Seminar you will learn over ten extreme effects! Aside from the killer effects you will also be subjected to Kranzo’s hilarious performing style. To top it off you will learn several of Kranzo’s signature comedy gags that will have your audience laughing and begging for more!

Here are a few highlights:

* THE Coin Routine – This is the coin routine that Nathan performs when asked to “do something.” Kranzo uses this to open almost every close up set he performs.

* Voodoo Card – Nathan’s highly requested handling of the classic Steranko plot is so commercial you’ll see the marketing potential and smile.

* The Tail – A hilarious sight gag that always gets a huge laugh

* Al Baker’s “The Knife Dial” – Kranzo’s modernized take on a forgotten effect. A borrowed table knife, or pen, eerily moves across the table pointing at the selected card.

* Kranzo On Three Fly – Fifteen years of trial and error! Nathan teaches his take on Three Fly. Maybe we should call it Two Fly. You’ll be surprised.

* The First Trick I Ever Saw – If you have ever seen Kranzo lecture you have probably seen this hilarious effect/gag with a silk or napkin. Nathan uses it as an opener for all of his lectures. It fools magicians to boot!

* Rub A Dub Card To Wallet – Straight from Expert Card Technique! Kranzo teaches some powerful subtleties for the Rub A Dub Vanish as well as his ending for the classic effect.

* Kranzo on The Mullica – Kranzo teaches killer ideas with the wallet. You’ll Learn “Go Text Yourself”. This is Kranzo’s routine where he talks about “texting small objects” rather than words. A very fun routine.

* Wheat Fly – You will laugh out load when you see Kranzo’s version of Three Fly with Wheat Thins. 0 Grams Trans Fat!

* Cashing In – This fools magicians AND laymen. Coin magic that is visual and interactive. Poker chips magically transform into Silver Dollars. Features a bare handed productions that fools everyone. Your hand is REALLY empty and produce a coin from THEIR sleeve.

All this and more!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2995 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
How do you always find these things first, Christopher? This one looks really good. Gotta wait for the review, though.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 22:16, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
How do you always find these things first, Christopher?

I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. My psychiatrist ( bartender ) says....

Nate's site, Jay Sankey's, etc. are worth visiting often. They always add new things. I like telling folks when I see something of interest.

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3138 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Also Nathans newsletter subscibers will save $2 off of this great looking DVD
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Nathan performed his Three Fly handling and his Mullica Wallet loading techniques when I saw him lecture a few months ago.
I'm purchasing this just based on that.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Nate sent out the Newsletter today ( if you're a fan, you should sign up as it's well worth it ).

From Nate:

"This is a live seminar recorded at Marc DeSouza's theater in King of Prussia, PA. Its just like having a seat at the seminar. You will be entertained and then I'll teach all the work!

As always because you are a member you get it first AND save some major cash!"

JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I have not seen the DVD yet BUT I was at Marc DeSouza's when Nate was there giving the lecture/seminar. When you buy this, you will most definitely be adding at least one of the things to your existing repetoire.

Nathan is extremely funny (We all know this) but he also went in to his thinking and theory behind why he would do things the way he would. So to put it into perspective, you are getting a little bit of everything from him on this DVD:
- comedy
- effects
- presentation
- theory
- "throw aways"

As a side note, just to see his "opener" of the lecture/seminar was worth the price of admission.

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Excellent, he's lecturing here Tuesday.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Hmmmm, where to begin...

The material is rather good as it usually is when it comes from Kranzo. However, all that is mentioned in advertisement isn't really teached. Some of them are just mentioned quickly.

Also due to editing, all effects aren't even performed, some are just explained. Also the explanations aren't very clear. If you are not familiar with most of the sleights used, I guess you might have hard time to follow up all the stuff that is going on. This was not a problem for me but I have seen all the other Kranzo DVD's and I am otherwise rather knowledgeable in magic. However, Some might have problems with the learning.

Opening joke is great, but I have seen David Williamson use it ages ago and I have read that he did it allready over 20 years ago. This joke is for magicians only however. Laymen woudnt get it Smile

There is around 20min works with loops. For those who have Kranzos ellusinist DVD don't find much new here. Its actually weird that kranzo tolds in the lecture that Ellusionist didn't sell him his own DVD cheaper than they sell them to normal folks, so he had to homemade a new dvd to sell at his lectures.

There is also some rather nice coin stuff and few card effects in the disc. The hyped 3 fly was good, but not earth shaking. Very similar routines are allready in print and in Kranzo other dvd's. Voodoo card had some nice thoughts as well.

Head or tails gag is great but doesn't translate into finnish so cant use that either Smile

The lecture ended with Kranzos hip pocket Mullica wallet but again, this information doesn't do much for you, unless you buy the wallet separately.

The biggest problem is however the settings this DVD is made of. The DVD is a live lecture, recorded at Marc DeSouzas basement. There is no lightning or such used. It is also made by what appears to be just normal home digital video camera. Just one camera is used and zooms and close up are not used. There is no menu on the DVD or option to skip chapters or I didn't at least find one. Also the video quality is at most 2nd hand VHS quality. For many "hifist" this might be a problem. To be honest, the quality of the DVD is worst than most of the "Homemade" magic dvd's that are hitting the marked every day.

So should you get this DVD. Well, If the quality doesn't bother you, then this lecture has some great material. However, if you have most of the stuff allready made by kranzo, there is very very little new here.

Juha-Matti
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2995 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Thanks for the review. Anyone else?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm having one soon but our friend from Finland nailed it. I'm actually very disappointed and think if Desouza is going to film for release he needs to invest in a better camera.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Kranzo’s Extreme Magic Seminar
Medium: DVD
Arena: Close Up, parlor
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

Kranzo has been around for a few years and he is a creative and funny guy. Kranzo’s Extreme Magic Seminar is a video of a lecture put on at Mark DeSouzas place. I’ve never seen Kranzo lecture and was looking forward to this and let me tell you I was disappointed. The lecture itself was missing a groove, maybe it was editing or maybe the scatology behind the delivery was just lost on me, it just wasn’t a cohesive lecture in my opinion. Things were explained that were not shown so at times you didn’t know what the heck was going on. The magic was seemingly okay for what you could determine was a magic effect and how it associated with the explanation. As was said about Oakland when it came to this ‘seminar’ “there is no there there”. Perhaps Kranzo fans can follow what he is up to but I sure couldn’t.

The quality of the DVD itself was crap. The sound of the camera guy coughing was picked up better than the lecture, which was understandable but hey, I’d rather hear Kranzo than Mark calling someone ‘dude’ or coughing, assuming he was on the camera. Speaking of the camera the thing was stagnant for the most part, it did move to follow Kranzo a couple times but that was it, and out of focus throughout. Lighting wasn’t used to compliment the video taping either. So if picture and sound are not important to you then you’ll have problems with the quality of this DVD. Kranzos part was he stood up there, was humorous and charming, and jumped around from one subject to another and there was no logic behind it.

Had Kranzo, and I don’t know if he’s done this before, sat down and showed a trick then explained the trick it would have worked out better. As for this DVD I just can’t recommend it to any but the most ardent Kranzo fan. Sorry about that gangsters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » A new Nate Kranzo DVD "Kranzo's Extreme Seminar" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL