The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonderland Bill (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Adolphus, I love your idea of covering the bill while their holding the door!
I'll be using it now! Thank's a bunch!
Gerard
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2871 Posts

Profile of dpe666
If you hide the bill at ANY time, there is NO effect! Smile
Find my e-books and videos at:

http://www.lybrary.com/david-devlin-m-98836.html
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
One, I think the SLOWER you fold and unfold the bill the more impossible it seems.

Second, to adolphus, Parallax and Wonderland Bill use different folds. Yes you can make a bill to use with the parallax principle, but it will be different than the wonderland bill per se.

Pony up, send the money to the guy that had the idea, and get the tape.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
869 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I bought this on a whim just because I thought it sounded interesing and before I did a search for it on the Café. Now that I have it in hand, and have played with it and only showed it to one person, I would like to add that I love this and it is now going into my wallet for all time. I made another out of a two dollar bill just for the uniqueness of it. Video is clear and the instructions to make your own are just as clear. Two thumbs up in my book.
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Loving topological effect, this is one of my favorite trick !
I do it with business card that I found around, in restaurant...

It is a high price, but such a good and original trick Smile

Nicolas
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I have Parralix from the Magic Menu. With that the only thing you do is make the trap door. The card can be examined. Can the bill be examined with this?
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
Yes, the bill can be examined. I don't know how I missed this all this time. It came out on DVD and I picked it up and it's been in my wallet since the day I got it. It should be in everyone's wallet!

For $25, it's one of the tricks you'll buy and actually use on a daily or weekly basis, in my opinion.
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2670 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Since I manufacture the Wonderland Dollar and make all the bills included I may be seen as prejudiced. But, over the last 33 years I have sold ALL the topo effects that have been released. Seen 'em, done 'em, etc. and I am telling you as others above have..it ain't the same as the Rogers and Britland units. I was never able to fool anyone with Parallax, et al. People could see the point at which the transfer was made. It was obvious to me from the very beginning. That's not say that the basic ideas which bounced off the original work of Martin Gardner by the way were not neat. But, they didn't fool anyone. As DPE666 suggested many of us used to have the spectator close their eyes for a moment only to find themselves still holding the door and now on the other side.

Wonderland Dollar invented by Nick Brown a physics teacher at Cal Poly is so far beyond those earlier units that there is really no comparison. I challenge my spectators to watch as closely as they wish. I do the moves slowly, etc. and it just kills folks. But, a lot of strength is admittedly in the presentation and I have done the trick conservatively over one thousand times. Want a write up of my routine PM me and I will PM it back. Thank God it is already written up.

Along with others this is now the only trick that I basically have with me 100% of the time. Well, not in the bath, but other places. Best,
Brad Burt
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
I've been sleeping with mine under my pillow every since I got it Smile Thanks Brad, and thanks for the copy of your routine. Very nice and well done.

If you overlook this one, you're making a BIG mistake.

Kind regards-
Steve
Gasman
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Gasman
I just picked this up as well, and am totally fascinated with it. First few times I performed it I got great reactions...probably because I was just as fascinated with what happened as the spectator! Lots of presentation possibilities, but just fun to watch. I'll keep this in my wallet as well.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Now that I have had this for, like , a day, and have performed it for about 14 people, it will be in my wallet till I reach the grave. How I missed this back in '03, I'll never know. But I do know that I am glad Brad makes them and I am glad I re-called the posts on this.(As you can see the last post before mine was in 2004!!!)So now some of the new people will know about this great, quick, REPEATABLE, EXAMINABLE effect. And I'll be PM'ing brad to view his ideas. I think he is ALLOWED to be biased on this effect!!!!
MPHanson
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MPHanson
I cherish this effect, and consider it a quick little miracle. What bugs me is that occasionally a spectator will just sort of shrug and say something like, "So you folded some paper, so what?" Is there some better way for me to instill in such persons the wonder of the Wonderland Bill?
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
154 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
This is a great effect, having spec close their eyes while holding the bill and blowing is nice...the point is to make a magical effect instead of a clever topilogical puzzle...
2002 coinguy
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of 2002 coinguy
Can it use a foreign bill ? Thanks
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
If you follow the instructions on the DVD to make your own or use the bill that comes with it as a template, you could use any bill. Foreign currency that is larger or smaller then the US bill will need to be tweaked just a little, but I think you will find this not to be a problem. Hope that helps and let me praise this again as I have been asked to take people thru the door again and again. Hard to believe I got a request for this to show someones friend. I love it!!!
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
On the DVD he also shows a way to make a large version out of something like a poster. You simply took the poster or item, cut it, laminate it, tape it together and you have a jumbo version.

I'm not sure why you'd need to modify any foreign currency. Maybe the reason I don't understand that is because I still don't know why it all works Smile

I'll dig through my foreign currency drawer and see what I have and make one up from what I have. I know I have some Canadian money and possibly some notes from the UK and a few more. Let me check those.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16833 Posts

Profile of joseph
This is a great effect,and the dvd is well worth it..See Hank Lee's website.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Okay,
I have it, I love it. And they do inspect the hell out of it,with no problem. So now my question is (and I seriously don't know how I feel about this)...Should we leave the bill with the spectator? Once you have the effect, the bills are not difficult to make. Would this be a good thing to leave with a special spec (ie, as you might with a mismade bill) or would they eventually work it out and spoil the illusion?
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2670 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
O.k., whew...

Don't leave the bill with them. They WILL figure it out as they need only follow the folds. And, I have never felt a need to do so.

Next, I sent this to my private list...I put a WD into one of those small cheap Money Maker tricks...the Trans-Dimensional Multi Ported Window Affixer, or whatever. Roll in a new bill and out comes the WD. Very cute. Have not performed it much, but you may want to try it for fun. (Let me know what happens please)

You CAN do it with foreign bills, but it takes some work depending on the currency. The most problematic has been UK currency, because of width, etc., but I know that folks over there have solved this problem.

If anyone has any other questions just let me know, I have pretty much run up against almost anything that can happen, etc. Also, my routine which like a zillion guys have PM'd for (which is great) actually addresses all the psychological problems with the presentation, so that you get the optimum 'Magical' AFFECT out of the routine.

For those not yet familiar with the DVD the section at the end where Nick shows how the folds can be translated to large stage sized affects is BRILLIANT! The Alice into Wonderland routine alone is worth the price. I have seen him do this live and it is really, really cool.

Also, I don't think the true possiblities of the stage sized units have even been touched. Consider doing the basic routine and then reaching through the door and start producing stuff? By the very nature the audience has seen both sides. Don't have a method, but I know there is one out there.

I had an idea early on that I never did anything with: You show a door and the outside of a shoe store. You do the effect and magically you are IN the store. Now, reach thru door and produce a half dozen shoes, etc.

Best,
Brad Burt
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
Quote:
I had an idea early on that I never did anything with: You show a door and the outside of a shoe store. You do the effect and magically you are IN the store. Now, reach thru door and produce a half dozen shoes, etc.

I don't need any ,more shoes Brad....how about a photo of a modeling agengy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonderland Bill (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL