The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonderland Bill (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2670 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
What, then you produce Barbie dolls? I like it! Best,
Brad Burt
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I also carry a miscut and misfolded one in case someone really needs to examine the bill... ( the " door " and folds are not where they should be )

That way after a switch I am totally clean and sometimes I let them keep this other bill.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
869 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Magicpitch, What I meant by tweak it for foreign currency, is the placement of the folds. Some bills are larger and some are smaller, so the folds need adjusted as per the size. that's all I was saying. Not that the whole idea needed modified. Hope that cleared up what I meant.
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
ekins
View Profile
Veteran user
Portland, Oregon
385 Posts

Profile of ekins
As part of my real job I did a lecture to a large group about a programming interface for a product that my company sells. There's a chart that helps describe the programming interface. I printed up a large one (approx. 3 feet long), cut it up into the appropriate sized pieces for the Wonderland Bill, laminated each piece, and then taped them all back together. Laminating them gave the stiffness I needed and the tape acted as a hinge between the pieces.

I used this at the beginning of the presentation with the blank side of the poster showing, saying something about this was their current understanding of the programming interface. I had someone hold the door and while talking about some of the challenges in learning the programming interface, ended up with the chart facing them with the idea that with persitence they could gain an understanding of the principles and be able to successfully use the programming interface.

It went over reasonably well and hopefully might give others here at the Café some ideas.

-Brian
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1486 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I am waiting for mine to arrive. How hard is it to make one say out of a 5.00 or 10.00 bill?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
869 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Just as easy as doing it with a one.
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Wonderland Bill is a great quick trick. Typically folks want to see the effect repeats again and then they generally form some ideas of their own on how this is done. Of course, they can't figure it out! I usu. said they just went through the other side of the dimension.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I love Brad Burt's two one dollar bills to one two dollar bill. Completely blows people away. It's a beautiful thing.

Wonderland bill is nice too.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Roth, I just went to Brad Burt's website and I looked thru all of the tricks section and did not see anything similiar or close to it. Do you have the name of this effect?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Sounds like a variation of Michael Ammar's $2 Bill Tear.

You can see a description on his website here:

http://www.ammarmagic.com/store/index.ph......ts_id=91

It's also on Michael's DVD "Easy To Master Money Miracles Volume 2".
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 21:52, evolve629 wrote:
Roth, I just went to Brad Burt's website and I looked thru all of the tricks section and did not see anything similiar or close to it. Do you have the name of this effect?

I bought it 3-4years ago I don't remember the exact name. It is not anything like a bill tear though.
You clearly show two separate one dollar bills. Fold them up in full view of the spec. Their eyes never leave your fingers.
Blow on them, unfold the bills and now you have only one crisp two dollar bill in your hand, which you can show front and back.

It is a visually stunning little effect. When I saw it done at Brads old shop I said
"thumb tip?" he said no. I said "I'll take it!!"

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
The Ammar $2 Bill Tear doesn't actually involve a tear. Your description sounds exactly like the second phase of this effect where two one dollar bills change back into a $2 bill.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2670 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Dear Bill:
The two tricks are a lot different in many ways. In the Ammar routine you take a Two and rip it into two ones and then attempt to open them with one hand each. This is the one really awkward part of the Ammar routine. I know because I did it extensively before going back to Two Ones to a Two. http://www.nexternal.com/bburt/Product121

The Ammar routine is VERY cool, but again it is awkward no matter what you try to do. Two Ones on the other hand is an almost perfect routine. You have no reset, the action if totally up front, etc. Here's the basics: You openly display two one dollar bills showing both sides. You put them together and fold up a couple of times. Snap with your finger and instantly open to show a REAL Two Dollar bill. Again, show both sides and then change back. Close the bills, put away and you are ready to go.

Let me anticipate the next question: Can the bills be examined? No! I have sold over 2000 of the darn things. I have performed it maybe 15,000 times or more and maybe a dozen times has anyone asked to see the bills! When I first started doing this I had an extra set of ones folded and ready to make a simple pocket switch. No one seemed to care! On the very few times that anyone asks I look at them askance and place the bills in my pocket and say, "No, it's a trick!" That is the end of that exchange. Best,
Brad Burt
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2670 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Several people have asked about the history of Wonderland Dollar. Here is the the write up that I used on the Genii Forum some time ago. It addresses every problem that either Nick or I could come up with....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brad Henderson:
[QB] I am familiar with the original Neale handling by way of the Weber description. I would like to know if indeed the folds are exactly the same between your Parallax and the wonderland bill. [QB]

Hello:

Here is some history of the Wonderland Dollar as invented by Nick Brown and released by myself.

First note that the original topology was invented by Bob Neale. David Britland used it by adding creases to the card thus allowing a smoother USE of the basic topology and published same with Bob Neales good wishes. It was then applied to the the face to face incarnation of Terri Rogers routine. The topology has appeared all over the place including Mike Weber's book with little or no change. It was explained in Magicgram and Linking Ring, etc.

The problem with ALL previous versions was that they were only minimally magical using things like closing your eyes to effect the change, etc. Watched they were a kind of neat puzzle that clever patter could enhance, but not really change.

Wonderland Bill is to Parallax what a Chevy is to a Rolls Royce. Both cars have wheels and allow for the transportation of folks from one place to another, but that's about it. If you look at Parallax and WD side by side it is difficult to see them as the same thing at all. When we contacted Mr. Neale upon whose original idea ALL of these routines are based he acknowledged that in fact WD was a significant creation and that it had as much right to exsist as Parallax, etc.

I routinely challenge my spectators to WATCH the bill as CLOSELY as possible, from virtually any angle! Parallax is wonderful, but Wonderland Dollar is a much better effect on many levels. Sure it was inspired by the Britland idea as Britland was inspired by Neale. But, Wonderland Dollar is a much a rip off of Britland as Britlands is a rip off of the original Neale idea, which is to say that neither of them are a rip off.

I can say from the start that a significant amount of due diligence was performed by both myself and Nick Brown on this project to determine if we were treading on toes. Including contacting the creator of the original topology, determining that the Britland variation has apparently appeared in many other venues with no uproar, etc. I am not interested in taking other folks material and knocking it off. I made all this and the history, etc. clear to Martin Breese who is a truly splendid gentleman and things have turned out well between us.

I hope that this clears up matters on the Wonderland Dollar. If anyone has any further questions please feel free to ask. My sincerest regards,
Brad Burt
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Hey Brad,

Thanks for the clarification of the difference between Ammar's $2 Bill Tear and Two Ones. Now we know!!

Bill
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
BTW I've never had anyone ask to look at my 2 one dollar to one two dollar bill trick.
The handling is so fair and can done in full view inches from the spec.

It really looks like pure magic because the two one dollar bills just vanish right in front of the spec leaving a crisp new two dollar bill in their place.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Lest Brad Burt's post accidentally misrepresent my position, I believe the question of mine he quotes was directed to someone accusing the Wonderland of being the same as Parallax. If you read this thread, you will see that several times I praise Wonderland and comment on the differences between it and the others. I DO know the difference between the versions. My question (refering to '"YOUR" parallax' was directed at someone claiming they were the same.

Brad
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2670 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Brad:

Not a problem. I have been asked a couple of times in PM's and it has come up on the history of Wonderland Dollar, etc. I just couldn't find my copy of what was sent to Martin and others. A computer crash of course! I finally ran across it on the Genii site and cut it over here.

The biggest problem is that they DO 'derive' from the same base concept and when you read the description they DO sound the same, so it is easy for folks who have not actualy seen them in action side by side to consider them the same. As you and others have pointed out they differ greatly in the power of the effect arrived at. Other than my own videos/dvds few products I have released over the years have generated as much enthusiasm and positive feedback as had Wonderland Dollar.
http://www.nexternal.com/bburt/Product346 All best,
Brad Burt
Cartelli
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
The mentioned Link dosn't show any Performance. Is there any other Demo (Video)?

quote]
On 2003-12-25 05:15, Magic Chris wrote:
Here's a clip of Wonderland Bill

http://www.fivefingermagic.com/zwonderland.htm

Magic Chris Smile
[/quote]
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
HP had this on sale recently and I broke down and bought it. I have in the past tried Paralox and found that it played, well, really bad. After watching the DVD performance I liked what I saw. I practiced it a bit and tied it out at high school that is known as one of the tougher schools in my city. Well, it played very well. The word I kept hearing from my audience was 'trippy'. The DVD explains how do do it without exposing anything. I also like the presentational ideas as well. Something else that was very handy was that it came with a pre made dollar bill! I'm looking forward to doing this more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonderland Bill (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL