The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing Cane recommendation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I'm looking for a decent Vanishing Cane, Cane to silks, etc. I have seen the Fantasio's. Seem good on the demo's. Anybody have any experience with these that can give a good recommendation on a brand?

Thanks!
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Without a doubt, Fantasio is the way to go...I've been using their canes & candles for years with no complaints.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I love the Fantasio White Vanishing cane, it gets my highest recommendation. Some might recommend 'metal' vanishing canes but I would certainly say stick with the Fantasio plastic brand.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
You cannot go wrong with the Fantasio cane. I have used the metal canes and the plastic is much better on the silks.
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I agree, Fantasio is the way to go. Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
My "Walsh" canes are sitting in the display case since Fantasio arrived on the scene!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Fantasio=Fantasioastic Smile
mcatalani
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of mcatalani
"I have used the metal canes and the plastic is much better on the silks. "

Yes, and the plastic Fantasio canes are much easier on your hands as well.

I have both metal and Fantasio canes, and have to say that the metal canes are a body impalement waiting to happen. To me, they are just too dangerous, and require more maintenance (such as oiling).
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Fantasio definitely!!!!!!!

I have had some bad experiences with metal canes. Smile

Fantasio are fast, you don't have to oil them, and they look great on stage, especially the red vanishing and appearing canes.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Harahkan vanishing cane...it's metal. By far the best vanishing cane that has ever been made. They are very hard to find though. The problem with the Fantasios is that they don't collapse fast enough.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
My Fantasio cane is very fast!!!!!!!!!!
You have to look after it well and it will reward you. Also don't load too much into them.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
Shadow Dancer
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of Shadow Dancer
The Fantasio, they're nice and light, and easy to appear.
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
<br> AlbertEinstein
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Guess I'm from the old school like Ben. I have a harrakan vanishing cane and it's twice as fast as the Fantasio ones. Also, it doesn't need oiling. I use large silks in my act and can easily load this cane with two 24" ones. Impossible with the Fantasio canes. I've had this cane for over 25 years and it's just as good as the day I bought it. It all really comes down to what you are doing with it though. For some routines the plastic is fine and if you're looking for colors, then you have no choice.
As for the danger of using the metal versionsas mentioned by MCatalani, if you handle them correctly, you will not be injured. It takes practice to get the handling down but IMO, it's well worth the effort.
Also, if you do the vanishing cane in newspaper, I've found the plastic canes to be very difficult to work with.
Where the magic begins
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I agree with Dave about the Harrakan cane. They are so fast - much faster than a fantasio plastic cane.

I noticed that Hocus-Pocus is selling them on their website. They're expensive - $125.00 or so, but well worth it if you can afford one.

Ron Reid
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
I have the metal and plastic as well---plastic is more comfortable--BUT---It LOOKS like plastic and tends to "wobble" when it is produced plus I think they are way too thin--I have a metal one I got Tannens, but it has the problems mentioned in the above post plus is is gun metal blue and not black.----get both and try them out--spend money and help the economy!---lol----Cheers!---Jimeuax Smile
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
$125 for an appearing cane Smile

I think I will stick with Fantasio for just now Smile
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I've had my Walsh style vanishing and appearing cane for over 25 years and they work great. I wonder if a Fantasio would last that long.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Ok here is my thoughts on the canes.
I use both fantasio and the metal canes from modern magic in Germany and some great metal canes from Yoji Yamamoto from Japan.
Both the fantasio canes and the metal canes has there advanteges and errors.
If you want to do effects like the flash vanishing cane or flame cane or torch to cane, one can't use the fantasio canes. On the other hand, one must use the fantasio canes for effects like the colorchanging cane (double and triple) or the dancing vanishing cane.
I think the metal ones are more sturdy than the fantasio and if you handle them corectly, you won't cut yourself on them. Take the bottom of the cane between the left middle and pinky finger at the midle joint and the knob in the right hand. Now slowly start to release the cane from the knob by twisting the knob back and forwards slowly.
You will find that the cane will vanish fast, silent and that you won't cut yourself. By the way, this also works great for the fantasio canes.

Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Marcus Taylor
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Marcus Taylor
I think that Fantasio canes are best overall. OK - so they might not be as fast as metal canes, but they don't chop fingers or rip silks. Fantasio are the way to go.
Magically Yours,

Marcus Taylor

marcus-magic@hotmail.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Which one have the longer lasting quality, Fantasio's or Harrakan's?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing Cane recommendation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL