We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Smash and Stab, knife under the cup (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Haruspex
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Haruspex
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, landmark wrote:
Any version that uses a real blade or spike is an accident waiting to happen. I don't care how foolproof or how many safety gadgets it claims.

I agree, however a few years back a product came out which was essentially an insert disc ( which looked like Styrofoam) to put inside Styrofoam cups, it had some thickness and a very hard core, the idea was to have these discs inside the cups as a backup. If the wrong cup was hit, the hard core of the disc prevented the nail/knife from penetrating the bottom of the cup. The effect would be ruined but your hand was saved.

I only saw the product a few times and don't remember its name I also haven't seen it since, so I guess it was never adopted by many.

Having said that, I agree that there are better and safer versions than the ones using knives and or spikes.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1201 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The Slamdown version is Jeff McBride's fave. Every time that he's lecturing somewhere, I get a lot of orders from that location. No gimmicks. www.jimmyfingers.com/products

Jimmy
www.magellanlevitation.com
upnxrawk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of upnxrawk
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, Haruspex wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, landmark wrote:
Any version that uses a real blade or spike is an accident waiting to happen. I don't care how foolproof or how many safety gadgets it claims.

I agree, however a few years back a product came out which was essentially an insert disc ( which looked like Styrofoam) to put inside Styrofoam cups, it had some thickness and a very hard core, the idea was to have these discs inside the cups as a backup. If the wrong cup was hit, the hard core of the disc prevented the nail/knife from penetrating the bottom of the cup. The effect would be ruined but your hand was saved.

I only saw the product a few times and don't remember its name I also haven't seen it since, so I guess it was never adopted by many.

Having said that, I agree that there are better and safer versions than the ones using knives and or spikes.

I have this and believe it's called Safety Net
Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Smash and Stab, knife under the cup (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL