The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review-- Jack Carpenter's "An Evening with Jack: The Seattle Sessions - Night One & Night Two" DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Just watched the Night Two of this series - it's equally fantastic and fun.
tjo'
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Night One was great, Night Two is even better,
I had to keep stopping the DVD & trying out what the guys were doing.

If you don't find several useful things on this DVD, you should be making DVD's, not watching them.

Passes, poker deals, second deals, the punch deal, and the bottom deal, new ambitious card moves, an excellent ambitious routine, Jack's false shuffle, a different take on the 3 card Monte and more.

At 2 hours & 14 minutes, you get an incredible amount of material for your money.

If you love card magic, you need to get these.

Mike
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I received both DVDs in the mail last week. They arrived VERY quickly--GREAT service!

I was excited to delve into these, and I was not disappointed...

It's been a long time now since I've been to a magic convention, but I used to attend several regularly (even performed and lectured at a couple). My favorite part of those conventions was the late-night sessions. These two DVDs REALLY captured the feeling of those sessions, and brought back a lot of fond memories. The ONLY unrealistic thing about it was that the guys weren't drunk enough. Smile

I agree with Mike's comment above: Night One was great, and Night Two was even better. All the guys are very likable, and I thoroughly enjoyed "sitting in" on the session.

If you're looking for a full live show followed by explanations of the effects, this set isn't for you. But if you're looking for the closest thing to having several of the world's very best cardmen sitting in your living room talking about and performing card effects and techniques, this is your Mecca!

I give this set my highest recommendation, with the caveat mentioned above.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review-- Jack Carpenter's "An Evening with Jack: The Seattle Sessions - Night One & Night Two" DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL