The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Catsup Bottle Vanish Outdated (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
Okay, I worried about the Ketchup bottle issue back in March. So I emailed Heinz to find out. Below is their response to me, and you may find it of interest:

---------------------------------------------------------------
March 10, 2005

Dear Tim,

Thank you for visiting our web site. There are no plans to discontinue our Heinz Foodservice Ketchup 14-ounce Tabletop Bottle.

These bottles are only supplied to the foodservice trade and are not available for retail sale.

Heinz is unable to conduct direct sales to individuals. However, you may wish to contact a foodservice distributor in your area who may be willing to sell the product to you by the case on a cash-and-carry basis.

Additionally, there is an Internet Food service wholesaler (not affiliated with Heinz North America) that handles many Heinz foodservice products, selling direct, via the Internet. Perhaps they may be of some assistance in obtaining this product. They can be contacted at by phone at 1-757-245-7675, by address at Foodservicedirect, Inc., 905 G Street, Hampton VA 23661 or online at http://www.Foodservicedirect.com

Thank you again for your interest and continued patronage.

Heinz Consumer Resource Center
Heinzconsumeraffairs@us.hjheinz.com
---------------------------------------------------------------
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I still think there's a market (and judging from this forum, I'm right) for vanishing bottles made like the squeeze bottles. I'd do it myself, but I don't know how!

As an aside, I was watching a Laurel & Hardy short from the early 30's. On the kitchen shelf were all sorts of bottles, and the one that looked exactly like today's was the Tabasco sauce ... 70 years and still using the same design! Perhaps this as a vanishing bottle could be a little close-up item with staying power?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20527 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
With so many regional and store brands of products today, does it really matter?

Go with Hershey's syrup!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2007-02-06 14:44, Bob Sanders wrote:

With so many regional and store brands of products today, does it really matter?

Go with Hershey's syrup!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Now there's an idea!!! Hey Norm......

Regan
Mister Mystery
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
397 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Source for Ketchup Bottles:
I was just faced with this problem this weekend. Glass ketchup bottles are nowhere to be found (foodservicedirect.com no longer stocks glass bottles either). Here on the West Coast we have a chain of 50's-style diners called "Johnny Rocket's." I gave the manager a guest pass to a private club, and he gifted me with 2 glass bottles. Yipeee! So that's my advice for finding Heinz glass ketchup bottles. Call a place with a retro theme and show 'em some magic.
Peace
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
Even if the glass ketchup bottle were to become obsolete, you could simply use it for your patter. Explain how the glass ketchup bottles used to be on every restaurant table when you were growing up, but now plastic is taking over. State that with the way plastic is growing in popularity, one day the glass ketchup bottles will be completely GONE! (hence the vanish of the glass ketchup bottle)

Now I want find one of these vanish ketchup bottles...
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I noticed that the ketchup bottles are no longer on Norm Nielsen's site. I wonder if he's discontinued making them.

Ron
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
Oh no....say it ain't so!
Mister Mystery
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
I have the full Coke bottle, and I love it. I do think it would be wonderful if Norm could make a modern 20 oz "plastic" bottle though.
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I use the catsup bottle in my corporate show and it still plays very big.I wish Norm still made the minature catsup bottle.anybody have one for sale let me know.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
These are great posts. I wish I hadn't just dropped $40 on the Nielson bottles. Oh well. . .
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2819 Posts

Profile of John Long
Someone is selling some of these bottles on eBay for about $17!
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
228 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
The Heinz Neilson Ketchup bottle is no longer made. I have been in some restaurants that still have glass Heinz Ketchup bottles. However, even if they did not, I still love performing with it.
I got lucky and was at a Magic store. I was going through the used section and in the corner spotted a tube. It was a Brand New Heinz Vanishing Ketchup Bottle. I bought it on the spot!
I thought the same as others. Since most are now made of plastic, the effect may not have the same impact. I was surprised. I did a routine with it and it got Ohhs! and Ahhs!
Mine looks like glass and it looks full, so I guess people still like it. I do not think it is outdated because my audiences still enjoy it and I like performing with it. I would not sell mine for $1000.00. Keep the Vanishing Ketchup Bottle Going! Cheers!
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
228 Posts

Actually, The Vanishing Ketchup Bottle is so outdated. Since all the ketchup bottles in stores are plastic nobody reacts when you vanish the Neilson Vanishing Ketchup bottle so I recommend no other Magicians do this anymore! It is a very weak lame trick. This will allow me to do this without any competition! Cheers!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23041 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The shape of the bottle does not matter, if you prove it is real. The book for the bottle has ideas on how to prove the bottle you are handling is real, like go to the hardware store and purchase a large metal washer. Attach it to the bottom of the bottle, and just place it on a table so it makes noise like it is solid. Then complete the vanish.

Plastic Ketchup bottles they use today will not silently crumble in a paper bag, or even be able to fold it.

If you are not getting a response at the climax of the effect, then you are not presenting it so you get the audiences reactions. I usually get at least one woman in shock over the vanish. That is all I need, as the other ladies usually join in with the responses.

So, work on your presentation and routine. This not a self working trick, you have to also convey your expressions to the audiences. You are a showman, not just a guy not wanting to be there.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
228 Posts

Yes. You can use a washer to "prove that it is real. You can also use a blotter and put real ketchup in the lid and open the top, stick your finger in and lick real ketchup as well. However, For me, I have a strong belief in the old saying, "Why Run When Nobody is Chasing You!" I just did this a few days ago with no modification to the bottle.
Hear is the reaction I got. First, was Ohhs! Then I got hand claps. Most were Adults in the audience. Then one Boy Yelled at me, " Where Did The Ketchup Bottle Go?! That shows me that he was completely Fooled! I am also select in where and when I perform it. Bill is spot on. Presentation and routine is everything! Come up with a good presentation and most of all, have FUN! If you do, so will your audience. Long Live The Vanishing Ketchup Bottle! Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Catsup Bottle Vanish Outdated (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL