The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Effects by Bernardo Rodriguez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Hi guys,

Today, I witnessed miracles. Not just one miracle, but many miracles.
I have seen many magicians perform many classic plots such as elevator card, ambitious card, etc, but I have NEVER seen anyone come close to Bernardo Rodriguez's take on such plots.

I have heard that he will be releasing some of the effects I am about to describe in near future. I personally hope he won't because the methods are so diabolical, that the magic world will go crazy.

The effect that drove me crazy the most was this, and I have no idea how it is done:

Elevator with twist - A card is selected and signed, and placed halfway into the middle of the deck. The card slowly begins to rise to the top of the deck FACE UP. Then the card was removed, and given to me. With just a shake, the deck VISUALLY changes into the OMNI DECK.

Elevator #1 (Gimmick) - Spectator's SIGNED card is placed faced up in the middle of the deck. In fact, the spectator holds onto their signed card, and they SEE and FEEL their card moving up to the top of the deck.. Did I mention? it uses NO FLAP.

Elevator #2 (Impromptu) - Spectator's SIGNED card is placed faced up in the middle of the deck. No funny moves, the card begins to rise and fall, rise and fall, and ends up on the top. Did I mention? it uses NO FLAP.

Color change #1 - Not completely original, but he has taken a classic change to A WHOLE NEW LEVEL with this...

Color change #2 - Just a rub with two fingers, and you can visually see the card change.

Color change #3 - Selected card is placed into the middle. In a blank of the eye, the card changes color on the back.

Color change #4 - Tribute to Daniel Madison's CHANGE.. With a hardcore twist.

Color change #5 - 5 random cards just changes into the royal flush. Did I mention that it only uses 5 cards, and 5 cards only?

Haunted Handkerchief - The THING with a burrowed handkerchief. When Bernardo performed this, I thought he was performing The Thing. When I realized that he was using my handkerchief, I lost all thoughts.. No threads, can be done surrounded.

6 Card Ambitious card - A selected card is placed faced up at the bottom of a 5 card packet. The packet is spread out, and THE CARD VISUALLY RISES TO THE TOP. ONE CARD BY ONE CARD. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO LOGICAL EXPLANATION AS TO HOW IT WOULD WORK.

Open Prediction - ONE CARD (and one card only) is placed onto the table. A spectator shuffles and starts dealing the card face up onto the table. Whenever the spectator wants to, they can deal one card face down onto the side, and deal the rest face up.
The chosen card is found out to be the matching pair of the prediction card.

Digital Card Dissolve - Two cards just change places. Ever watch the trailer of Digital Dissolve on Theory11? The change looks VISUAL like that, except its done with cards.

He has much much much more tricks in his bag of tricks, but true magic deserve to remain in the dark until the public is ready to hear about them. I tell you. He can literally kill someone with his creations

Just to let you guys know, Bernardo Rodriguez's Café username is Cardsharp3000.
He's just registered, so send him a welcome PM Smile
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Haha thanks man...
you pretty much cleared all the threads I was gonna put up in due time...
I'm working on project elevation right now then going on the Digital Card Dissolve then idk what ill see what happens...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Bernardo, welcome to the Café. Smile

I have read the post by Thomas Kwon. Nice to see a thinking magician on the Café.

Quote:
On 2009-01-31 21:55, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Haunted Handkerchief - The THING with a burrowed handkerchief. When Bernardo performed this, I thought he was performing The Thing. When I realized that he was using my handkerchief, I lost all thoughts.. No threads, can be done surrounded.

The Haunted Handkerchief has really got me interested.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Thanks and yeah its a neat idea the haunted hankerchief ,but idk if its a trick that should be sold by itself maybe more of a bonus type thing in my opinion..

Glad to see interest!
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
Hi Bernardo,

Welcome to the Magic Café,i am fairly new myself.I look forward to your card work,it sounds very intesting.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Cardsharp3000,

I look forward to your effects coming to fruition, especially Elevator with a twist!

It's always nice to see some fresh new ideas every now and then!

Stay safe Bernardo and welcome to the Café!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Thanks guys appreciate it..
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Heya guys,

I'm Glad Barnardo has finally decided to do something with these idea's.
It's been a long time coming. Bernardo's methods for some of his effects are actually genious. What I really like about some of the methods he uses, is in all my time in magic, I've never seen anything that comes close to the methods he uses. There innovative, origional and very clever methods (Some Of his moves I already use)and I'm glad he's finally got around to releasing some of his idea's to the magic comunity.

Looking forward to seeing the finished result Bernardo!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Effects by Bernardo Rodriguez (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL