The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fearson/Copperfield Laser Illusion for sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I emailed them a few days ago to see if they had prices for any of their illusions. (Not to worry, I'm not planning on buying any, just curious)I have heard nothing in response.

I'm curious as to why they advertise in MUM and other publications and seemingly sell nothing, unless of course everything really IS free...
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I just emailed the person the following:

>> I am interested in several of your illusions that you are selling on your website but I don't see any prices listed. I have about $10K to spend to put together a new illusion show and am ready to purchase. Please contact ASAP with your price list!

Thanks so much... <<

I have no interest in buying ANYTHING but we'll see if me flashing a $$$$ figure in front of his face will get him to respond. I must be bored!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Darn Lyle, I only mentioned that I was interested in spending U.S. money.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Quote:
On 2009-02-02 08:11, magicians wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 16:25, natmagic wrote:
Yes, but this is the first time I've seen somebody advertise this. How do they think they can get away with it?

When are you guys gonna realize that there are no police in the dealer profession. No honor, no ethics. The only responsibility is the buying power of the consumer, but unless they are educated, the consumer will buy what they are exposed to: the first guy who's ad they see.
Do you really think that the history and derivation of these effects are common knowledge? The bad thing is, that someone quoted "Fearson" as the source on this, and although he showed his version, I had seen it long before Fearson. The manufacture can justify his production by using the "principle" of the effect but changing the performance and props. Its really no different than using a "universal" illusion base, and putting various shaped boxes on the top. Or, a zig-zag that slides in two instead of three segments.
I had my slice-of-hand cloned in 12 different countries within 5 years of my original production run. "reputable" dealers were carrying the item and never knew or cared that companies like "supreme", and Mephisto had stolen it.
The buyer at large, does not read themagiccafe posts, or Genii forums, and will buy what he needs for his act. Sellers have no ethics, they don't need them.
Now, as far as the magazines...they always promised "not" to run ads by clone manufacturers. They were (or used to be) the guardians of the gate, but not any more.
Oh, and Makeupguy, the "ten foot pole" is another effect that no-one seems to care about who started. See my lecture notes 1977.

haha.. you've got to be kidding.

Your "slice-of-hand" was published before you were born dear friend.

Best of luck with your continued fantasies Smile
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Interesting comment, 4 stars in genii, not one challenge in 32 years. You have proof...bring it on. Born 1950.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
OK guys, I actually got a response:

Thank you for your interest.
The laser illusion would cost $1500.For knowing price of any product or ordering please contact us via:
info@hightrick.com
Please confirm your purchase through this email address.

Best regs,
Mentalism Peyman,
http://www.hightrick.com

Lyle,

Let us know if you here anything back.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Ian, to capture your IP address is one thing to publish it can be dangerous. Try typing your ip address into your web browser, it will bring you right to your computer. Now hopefully you have a firewall up otherwise you now have complete access to that computer and any information on it. Or for someone who has some knowledge on networking they will be able to break through the firewall or find a way around it. Just not a wise thing to do (publish people's IP's).

Now back to the subject. If they can not legally ship to the US why are they advertising in the magazines? Sure the circulation is broader than the US, but it is my understanding that pretty much any NATO country is signed onto the embargo. So basically if you get screwed out of a lot of money (or $0.00) you have no rights or any type of action against them either. Paranoid, you betcha!
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2009-02-04 08:12, herdman14 wrote:

The laser illusion would cost $1500.For knowing price of any product or ordering please contact us via:
info@hightrick.com

Best regs,
Mentalism Peyman,

Lyle,

Why don't you ask him to post a video so you can make a decision.
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
They advertise in the linking rings...
Dare to Dream...
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 16:00, illusionman2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-04 08:12, herdman14 wrote:

info@hightrick.com

Best regs,
Mentalism Peyman,

Lyle,

Why don't you ask him to post a video so you can make a decision.

I would but I've wasted enough time on these guys. I'm surprised I even got a response. It took days. I was beginning to think it was all a hoax.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Muhahahaa its an elaborate trap to see who among us are buying knock offs (yeah right)
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I got some photos of some of their illusions emailed to me. If you guys are interested, send me a PM and I'll email them to you.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I have yet to hear anything back. Guess my fake money just ain't good enough...or perhaps the tool is on the Café' and has been reading our evil plot.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 09:58, lylemagic wrote:
I have yet to hear anything back. Guess my fake money just ain't good enough...or perhaps the tool is on the Café' and has been reading our evil plot.

I filled out the complete forms last week, and got a reply within a day or so.

This was the reply: First time, I only left an e-mail.
"Hello again,

The price of super cub zig zag would be $900.

Best regs,
Mentalism peyman,
http://www.hightrick.com"
Even when I left the item blank, and put my name in, they sent me:
"Dear Ian,

Thank you for your interest in Hightrick Productions.
Mini super cub zig zag is $
And please for any question,pricing and ordering just contact us via this email.
info@hightrick.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regs,
Mentalism Peyman.
http://www.hightrick.com"

So, I think this is done by auto-reply software.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I made the mistake of buying some items from them. I wanted a trash can duck bucket and could not locate anywhere ... They offered to do it, and sent it to me - it leaked paint all over my other props (I suppose I got what I deserved). They produce junk and it seems cheap, but by the time they bill you for shipping, it turns out very expensive. I also understand they are running out of Iran (although they say they are shipping from Kuwait). Once you learn they are shipping from a country with which US does not have official relations, in addition to knowing that they sell junk and rip off authorized dealers, well, you pretty much have to give up on them. Buy at your own peril. It only seems free . . .
magicurty
View Profile
New user
Norway
24 Posts

Profile of magicurty
Ok, now is my question.. I can't find anything similar for something I think I have invented. In other words something I came up with and IS NOT ON ANY MAGIC SHOP (at least not in more than 100 I have googled)
How can I be sure I will not market a rip off and how to make sure if I ask for help, someone will not RIP ME OFF???

I have around 3 great effects and innovations I would love to share with the magic community...

HOW TO SEARCH ABOUT IT?

Would be wise to send several known magicians and get reviews from them first?

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY to MARKET MY PRODUCT BEING SURE I AM NOT MARKETING SOMETHING ALREADY INVENTED???

that is basically my nightmare the last year.. I have already sold some copies of the products in a scandinavian magic convention and for a magic shop in denmark, but I really want to be sure this exactly products are not marketed somewhere... Is it anybody who can help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance
Guilherme Curty

Egelo Magic of Norway / Studio Curty
School: www.trylleskolen.no
Shop: www.egelo.no
Shows: www.curty.no
Magic38
View Profile
New user
Bill Davis
39 Posts

Profile of Magic38
It is sad that many dealers are selling knock offs
mostly coming from india and they break in pieces while shipping and they are inferior in quality. So one must always be careful when buying products from India or China. It is always better to purchase from U.S manufactures.
WWW. WizardsMagicChest.com
Quality Magic Tricks At an Affordable Price
de rome
View Profile
New user
UK/NORWAY
71 Posts

Profile of de rome
This Company sure are con people
Ive just posted a new post on this company here in the Café,
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=7
contacted magic forums, and L and L publishing in the states,
they are taking matters to there lawyers, as HIGHTRICK in IRAN are copying bad copies direct from L and Ls stuff and selling them on for double the price of the original... how the hell this company have the guts to do this I do not know

cheers from Norway
Carl de Rome
you will never find a better quality HEAT / HOTSPOT / HYPNO HEAT as mine anywhere else, ITS REALLY GOOD... here is a link to the effect NEW WEB SITE AND TO ORDER
http://www.cdrmagic.com/heat
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 15:16, Banester wrote:
Ian, to capture your IP address is one thing to publish it can be dangerous. Try typing your ip address into your web browser, it will bring you right to your computer. Now hopefully you have a firewall up otherwise you now have complete access to that computer and any information on it. Or for someone who has some knowledge on networking they will be able to break through the firewall or find a way around it. Just not a wise thing to do (publish people's IP's).

Sorry for the OT, but not sure what you are talking about here. Can you give more info?
Although I agree that publishing personal information is not a good thing, typing an IP address into a browser does not bring you to that computer. Sounds like you have been reading too many science fiction stories.
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Read de rome's thread that he posted here... it describes his purchasing experience with this site.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fearson/Copperfield Laser Illusion for sale (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL