The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Trick coin trickery Ľ Ľ The best Sun & Moon routine. (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
stevie c
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2021, Scott Horn wrote:
From what I see Sun / Moon sets are pretty rare. I don't see any with Jamie Schoolcraft; Todd Lassen is making some but seems to have a long waiting list. Tango has some, but I've had hit and miss with their quality. Roy Kueppers seems to have some sets... anyone familiar with his coins ?

If you get a Johnson HH set, you also have two expanded [s AND a great sun/moon gimmick!!

Slowly, gently and methodically use sandpaper on a regular half until it nests in the unexpanded [ and voila.... Samoya and Soleil et Lune. Not bad for the price of a HH set and one more regular clad half Smile

BW

Steve
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4856 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
So the 1 st. ? you would ask is For Who And the 2 th. is When? the 3 th. Is where ??? It is not that Simple !!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Just purchased a Sun and Moon Set by Oliver Magic - fantastic value indeed! The shell is a nice fit and virtually covers the whole coin - Iím really impressed tbh as I expecting rubbish. To be fair, the tutorial wasnít the best but hey ho! Iíll pop a routine on shortly
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Hereís a quickie with the set - Iíll keep playing!

https://youtu.be/v5L8YGOZvR8
Magically,

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Well done Sean! Thanks.

Jim
Nev Blenk
View Profile
New user
Northumberland UK
83 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Very nice Sean. Ive seen the 'oliver' coins advertised but was a bit sceptical. Can I asked where you purchased them from ?

Cheers
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, Nev Blenk wrote:
Very nice Sean. Ive seen the 'oliver' coins advertised but was a bit sceptical. Can I asked where you purchased them from ?

Cheers

I got mine off eBay.... £28! I still canít believe it.....
Magically,

stevie c
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
Hereís a quickie with the set - Iíll keep playing!

https://youtu.be/v5L8YGOZvR8

Hi Sean. That looks really good buddy. Your timing and rhythm are really something!!

I've been working on something a bit like this for ages but I have a lot to learn!!!!!!

Thanks for posting,

BW

Steve
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I got one of the Oliver Magic Sun & Moon sets too. These are really nice for the price - they are made from repro coins, and the work is comparable to my older Johnson Products sets. Note that the copper coin is actually a repro of an old British coin, called a "Sovereign". Sovereigns are minted with whoever the King or Queen of England is - the one in the repro is Queen Victoria, from the 1880's, the Victorian era - so pairing this with the Morgan repro is a nice touch.

If you read Sherlock Holmes you might remember Holmes paying the Baker Street Irregulars with a Sovereign or two for their work.

The funny thing is, originally, Sovereigns are in gold. The copper repro is therefore historically inaccurate. But it looks good!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Yeah Jeff is correct, the copper coin is indeed a UK replica - I need to change my patter! I still canít believe the value for money, so for anyone like me wanting to try out a Sun and Moon set itís ideal. Iím gonna pop a piece of Teflon in the shell just to quieten it a bit too.

This will form part of a longer routine where the copper and silver coins are produced first, and can be examined. Planning to include Justin Millers fantastic dewdrop change here as itís super visual and will fit in nicely. Anyway, this will keep me busy during lockdown! Itís fun building routines isnít it!
Magically,

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Hereís a link to Justinís dewdrop change and lots more - sorry I should have included the link before!

https://www.mentalsights.com/dd-collection
Magically,

dj
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
Hereís a link to Justinís dewdrop change and lots more - sorry I should have included the link before!

https://www.mentalsights.com/dd-collection

Dewdrop change looks fantastic.

Darko
stevie c
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Talking of Justin Miller and the dewdrop move, this pre-order looks like amazing value!!! It appears to have the whole 2 hours of the dewdrop project, plus many other things including two sun/moon routines. Sounds amazing!!

https://www.mentalsights.com/coin-creati......8b4ed41b
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

No talking in this one! Hope you like it

https://youtu.be/Je19xMV1ec4
Magically,

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8820 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

"Simply" the best, my friend. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

"Simply" the best, my friend. Smile

Thanks buddy. All the routines I saw before had the copper and silver switching places each time which I found a bit repetitive. The strongest transposition IMO is the slow visual one which I included in the routine, but thatís the only switch. The rest is a mixture of productions, vanishes and 3 Fly style effects. Itís also meant for purely stand up situations with no need for the specs to touch anything so COVID friendly, and is short and punchy (just over a minute long) so will work well as an opener I feel.

Anyway thanks again MB for the kind comments. Hope youíre well
Magically,

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1140 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I have no affiliation with these links:

I recommend for those in the UK ...

Merlins - Hopping Half Dollar & English Penny
https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/hopping-c......57-p.asp
comes with real coins for use with Quiver.

3 Coin Trick by Brian Brushwood (Scam Nation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjEYr0k-t8
A "take" on hopping half ... and an instant MP4 download for about $2
CUBERT808
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of CUBERT808
I purchsed Sun and Moon because of this thread. Love the examples. I puchased the dollar size version. After watching tutorial on classic Sun and Moon, (oops moment), its requires mastering classic palm. Im new and have been training classic palm the last month but with half dollars.

My first lesson learned and figure this info can help the next newbie. Now on a search for half dollar versions because my classic palm is almost there.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4114 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I went on kind of a spree with the Oliver Magic stuff (not all are called Oliver, but it all seems the same stuff). Went thru Amazon and only ordered items that were Prime and Free Returns. The others all shipped from China, I believe - much longer wait times. Some items I got the next day.

Fit and finish is surprisingly good, I was surprised. Some aspects of fit better than Johnson, others less so. Any play in coins/shells were fixed right up using foil.

All references to coins below are replicas.

Sun/Moon - you get a Morgan, a copper sovereign (shouldn't be copper, but...) and a s/m coin. All coins fit the shell, which is GREAT. SAMOYA!

Hopping Half - good, but the larger copper shell had some real damage on the rim. Ordered another (w/out sending the current one back to make sure I didn't get the same set back that I sent in) and it was the exact same story. They're going back to Amazon tomorrow, but I really want to get a good set of this. This is actually the Sun/Moon Set with an extra silver shell and an extra, larger copper shell.

Replica Morgans for $8. I got a set of 5, and these are probably the same as Joe Mogar's magical morgans. They're slightly thinner (just like Joe's MMs). They are also ferromagnetic. These are a step above in the way they look - more detail, really good.

Chinese Shell and 4 Coins. Very good. I really like the coins. Dollar size.

Morgan Flipper - Surprisingly good. This was one where I was expecting the least. You get the flipper and 5-6 dental bands. It is a gravity flipper, lays perfectly flat and works very well. A quiet as I've worked with. As for the band and insert, the cut is right in the middle of the edge of the insert. Of course, the cut is there, but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb (to me) at all. I'm *really* picky, and for some reason this doesn't bother me. From a few feet away no one will notice a thing (IMO).

All of these coins seem completely interchangeable - they're basically using 3 coins to make all of these - their Chinese, their Morgan and their Sovereign (except the sets of 5 or 10 Morgans mentioned earlier, which are a step above).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Dropped. Y to say Geoff Lattas sun and moon... but Mr Rubinstein already beat me to it... great routine.

https://youtu.be/fPwuIOjxB1I
Shawn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Trick coin trickery Ľ Ľ The best Sun & Moon routine. (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL