The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..40..47..54..61..68..70~71~72 [Next]
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 21:08, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Jay, I think you nailed it perfect on those observations. When I first read them, I decided to make Patrick's effect the last one I viewed. The feeling I had watching it will stay with me for a long time.

Thanks Christopher!
Just playing around with Tensegrity is blowing me away. I will carry this one with me everywhere I go from now on. When the opportunity rises, it will be one of my favorite pieces to perform.
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I'm barely half way through the set. I'm trying to absorb it a little at a time so I don't become overwhelmed.
I've already started the Ritual of putting each DVD back in the box and locking it and putting it in the White cardboard box mine came in each time I leave my work area.
I already have a list of some effects I would like to learn., Ripped and Fried, Cheng's Change, Cheng's Riser, Tensegrity, and SS2, just to start!

I was just thinking it would be hard for ME to use EVERY single effect in this set.
But I sure do want to try a lot of them. There is enough good material to last the rest of my life.

ACE
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
"Ripped and Fried" Wow!#@$%! When I watched the performance, I thought to myself "no way!" I was completely fooled. This really is a "true astonishment".

Robert

PS - And, I remember buying David Britland's manuscript in the what... 80's?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 20:51, sirbrad wrote:

Yes, but was that decision made in "pre-order mode" and will it hold up later on? I doubt it. Of course those who spent the money to per-order will selfishly assume that is the right choice, but inevitably it is not. There is going to be many out there who bought the set from shops that come up wit interesting ideas, and they will not be able to contribute to the forums of this product because they are being closed out for not pre-ordering. This is of no benefit to the TA community whatsoever, in fact it only limits it severely.

Dude, you don't even own a copy. I say you're blowing hot air for the heck of it.

Like it has been said before, everyone had their own perks. I wish I had a chance to have dinner with Paul Harris, or get some free dvds, or free shipping, or etc. etc. Instead I get an EXCLUSIVE forum and a videochat with Paul Harris.

Should you get the forums if you cry hard enough? NO.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:

Yes, but was that decision made in "pre-order mode" and will it hold up later on? I doubt it. Of course those who spent the money to per-order will selfishly assume that is the right choice, but inevitably it is not. There is going to be many out there who bought the set from shops that come up wit interesting ideas, and they will not be able to contribute to the forums of this product because they are being closed out for not pre-ordering. This is of no benefit to the TA community whatsoever, in fact it only limits it severely.

I find you contradict yourself a lot to get your way. A few weeks ago on the Penguin Forums, you bashed someone because they needed help with Extreme Burn and didn't have the PO forums because they got it somewhere else. You said it was their fault, and too bad for them. Now, your back saying that forums should be accessible to all, no matter where they purchase from. Are you just saying this because now you're on the other side, or because you're really just that fickle?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Ugh...I preordered on 12/7 and still haven't gotten it! These reviews are making me very impatient...
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Anyone else get a real since of sadness after watching the last DVD besides me.
Kind of like when you were a kid...getting down to the very last piece of chocolate Easter bunny, even though you savored it for as long as you could.

Oh well, I will get over it. Now I have to get down to business and learn some of these jewels.

To all you folks who are still waiting for your set...I kind of envy you, sort of.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Whiskey_Trigger
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Whiskey_Trigger
Sirbrad, I am with everyone else on this. I think you just want in the forums and you think if you complain enough you will get your way. Well the forums are doing just fine without you. I tried to be nice and address your issues but I am done with that. This will be the last thing I say to you.

And professorwhut, I compared the feeling of watching the last DVD to the feeling I had when I finished The Dark Tower books by Stephen King. Only, The Dark Tower books hold a much stronger grip on me than TA ever will. I know some people will find that hard to believe. I will remember TA for the rest of my life because it is amazing but those books legitimately affected me in such a profound way, I can't even begin to explain it. If you are someone who enjoys reading and you haven't read those books...pick them up immediately, they are the True Astonishments of books (And I don't even like Stephen King books).
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 21:38, Jay Buchanan wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 21:08, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Jay, I think you nailed it perfect on those observations. When I first read them, I decided to make Patrick's effect the last one I viewed. The feeling I had watching it will stay with me for a long time.

Thanks Christopher!
Just playing around with Tensegrity is blowing me away. I will carry this one with me everywhere I go from now on. When the opportunity rises, it will be one of my favorite pieces to perform.

Patrick blew me away! I mean the jaw the on the ground, speechless kind of complete astonishment that I love to experience, but rarely truly have.

Patrick, please reserve a spot for me in line directly behind Jay.

Absolute True Astonishment!

Quote:
On 2009-02-12 23:02, Whiskey_Trigger wrote:
Sirbrad, I am with everyone else on this. I think you just want in the forums and you think if you complain enough you will get your way. Well the forums are doing just fine without you. I tried to be nice and address your issues but I am done with that. This will be the last thing I say to you.

Very 'nicely' said, Whiskey. I heard the outcry for water buffalo has reached Washington, and is being considered to be part of the stimulus package.
F. Zandura
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 22:16, magicman4646 wrote:
Quote:

I find you contradict yourself a lot to get your way. A few weeks ago on the Penguin Forums, you bashed someone because they needed help with Extreme Burn and didn't have the PO forums because they got it somewhere else. You said it was their fault, and too bad for them. Now, your back saying that forums should be accessible to all, no matter where they purchase from. Are you just saying this because now you're on the other side, or because you're really just that fickle?

I find you tend to twist people's words around a lot, namely those who call you out on marketing "friend's" products that you get for free, and call you out on wanting to post "public exposure" on the open forums. You obviously lack the ability to actually comprehend what is actually said, so you make up your own delusions. You blatantly broke Penguin's rules, something you do frequently; and had no proof that the person even had the effect. Yet you were quick to divulge the secret working of the gimmick publicly and privately.

You get that free too? That would explain it, some people just don't value secrets these days because they are handed them on a platter, namely 10-12-year olds especially. I "bashed" no one, and if I would have bashed someone it would have been you, for being so gullible to "phishers." Next time actually post the facts not your what you fantasize.

Quote:
On 2009-02-12 23:02, Whiskey_Trigger wrote:
Sirbrad, I am with everyone else on this.

LOL!! Of course you are "with everyone on this." HUGE surprise there! Sure anyone who bought a product should have access to the forum of the site who PRODUCED it, duh! Who wouldn't want to have access? Um no, wrong again. I could easily order from the TA for forum access, but obviously it is not THAT important to me. Or is that not the case now being I did not pre-order? I just find the whole "exclusive" thing silly. Kids do that with forums not professional adults.

Frankly if you want to put it that way, I do not care about accessing your precious forums if you are the one in charge of them. If you want to get all huffy and puffy over a little "customer feedback" and suggestions go ahead. However obviously not everyone got their sets even, and are disgruntled; which is why I do not pre-order anything. It is too risky. Your attitude tells me a lot about you and your business practices. And that will be the last thing I say to you as well...Have fun in the forums with the 200 members for the next 10 years.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I heard Paul Harris is releasing a 9 DVD boxed set. Should be quite the event, considering his body of work.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Cool, where can I pre-order?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 02:01, sirbrad wrote:
Cool, where can I pre-order?

Here:
http://theastonishmentproject.com

Free shipping and access to an exclusive forum to share ideas, etc.

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Nice! Ordering now! Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Now that we settled that...

I watched Patrick Snowden's Tensegrity for the 14th time today. Simply incredible!

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Is that your favorite effect on the set so far? Or is too hard to pick just one?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There's 9 disks and I think my favorite would be whatever I'm into at the moment. At this point, I'd be hard pressed to have a single favorite.

It's like Beatles records. Sometimes, I can't stop listening to songs prior to 1967. The...it changes and I get caught up in 1967-1970. I play guitar, so the intricacies of the guitar parts on the early recordings are amazing. Then the melodies and arrangements of the later material is equally impressive.

The TA set has magic that will amaze people and also magic that will touch them on personal levels ( restorations in their hands, words that are divined, etc ). It will be years and folks will be discovering new ways to further the effects taught.

lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I have just received the set....WOW..WOW...WOW.... what can I say more??
This project will make history..!!!
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 04:10, lucavolpe wrote:
I have just received the set....WOW..WOW...WOW.... what can I say more??
This project will make history..!!!

Luca, do you live in Italy or England? Am I the only person in the world who ordered from TAP and is still waiting for it? Smile
I am not complaining with TAP, they are the best. The problem is italian mailing system, I am sure that my set is sleeping in some forgotten mailing office because the mailmen are sleeping instead of doing their job.
I am becoming slightly depressed Smile

Dave
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Or perhaps the mailmen will be starting new careers in magic soon. Let's hope not, and that they are all not sitting around the break-room watching these. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..40..47..54..61..68..70~71~72 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL