The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..59~60~61~62~63..70~71~72 [Next]
Kontents
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Kontents
Hello,

I have the set and have gone through everything in the set. On the preview that's out for the TA set one of PH flurishes is taking a card from the top of the deck and flicking it in to the other hand. Its about 3:06 into the preview. I was wondering if I am over looking it or if its just not included in the set.

Thanks!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
He doesn't teach it on any of the DVD's, but I believe you can learn it in one of his AoA books.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I could have sworn this was explained on one of his Tannen VHS tapes, but I don't see it on the DVDs either.

Robert
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think it's only found in the AOA books.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kontents
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Kontents
That's funny that its in the preview yet he doesn't describe it in TA at all lol. Oh well.. I guess I will need to look into the AOA edition.

PatrickGregoire do you know which book?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
It is an easter egg. Its not taught but the video is replayed a slowed down quite a bit. It is right before the Explanation of Bizarre Twist
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
He goes over it on the Stars of Magic videos. Actually, he doesn't really go over it, they just slow the video waaay down so you can see it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Kontents
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Kontents
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 19:02, Nico Zottos wrote:
It is an easter egg. Its not taught but the video is replayed a slowed down quite a bit. It is right before the Explanation of Bizarre Twist

Yea I went through that and saw it and almost choked thinking I found something... but he was just messing around lol.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I had the chance to do some magic for my niece's graduation party last Friday and one of the effects I did was Seductive Switch 2. I did it for a young couple sitting on a sofa with me. I felt just like Bro since he was sitting on a sofa for a number of effects on the set. Anyway I hit it out of the park. The guy that I had hold the cards between his hands was stunned and his wife was just giggling. I let the moment of astonishment hang for a good 20-30 seconds as I kept my hand with the folded palmed card face up and motionless. Then I just very slowly pointed at it with my other hand and the guy immediately reach over and grabbed it. He opened it up and was stunned once again. The look in his eyes as he stared at the cards in his hands then at me and then back to the cards was priceless.

What a wonderful effect. What a wonderful set.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Jamie_H
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
65 Posts

Profile of Jamie_H
Wife would kill me if I dropped that coin for some dvds....I think. I STILL need a fathers day gift however...hmm....
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Very few of us told our wives about this set. I my case I had my company buy the set for me as a "professional development" expense. Even though I am not a professional magician I do entertain clients with a few magic effects once in a while so there was a loose connection there.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 19:52, Jamie_H wrote:
Wife would kill me if I dropped that coin for some dvds....I think. I STILL need a fathers day gift however...hmm....

No, I don't think any of us has told our wives...we just keep showing them new effects we picked up somewhere...

But we have been over this before, if you buy one DVD at a time and buy 9 DVD's you will spend a lot more than this set costs. It is just you have to spend it all at one time. One show should pay for it.

ACE
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Where the heck are the Twilight Angel refills? Not the 2 of hearts.......
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You guys kill me. What happened to real men? NO WOMAN tells me what I can buy and what I can't.

I'd remind her, but she left me 20 years ago. Keep the house, keep the car, who cares. I showed her!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Yeah, I gotta say, the whole "can't tell the missus" thing I find pretty perplexing. I mean, we're all grown men. Funnily, I had the opposite experience. I told my s.o. that I had ordered a big and kind of expensive set of nine magic DVDs, partly just to explain why I was going to spend several nights watching them.

"How much was it?" she asked.

"A lot," I said.

"$1,000?"

"Well, no, not that much."

"$500?"

"Uh, no."

"$300?" (I bought from Penguin, so I got their 10% discount.)

"Well, almost."

"That's not so bad," she said, and walked away.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-06-25 10:03, acesover wrote:
Where the heck are the Twilight Angel refills? Not the 2 of hearts.......

I was not going to post... but since you brought it up...
I worked a wedding reception a couple of weeks ago. I thought twilight angles would be nice to do. I do it at the first table for the Bridesmaids. Then I walk around doing other things. They call me back to the table, and tell the NEW person at the table, that I have something good to show them, and they tell me to do the most amazing thing I did, move the angels. I stalled and did other effects, not wanting the person to pick another 2H. Then the man at the table said, oh, do you need that card back, hahaha! He said, that's all right , you don't have to do it again.
I'm not going to say how I felt. I discontinued using this effect until I can repeat it. I do have a trade show in a couple of weeks. It would be great to do it there, but what happens when someone brings back their friends to see me?
I have enough material to not have to show the same effect twice, but they might request this. I figure I could tell the person to come back the second day to see the same effect, that way it is not fresh in their minds. But if they have the souviner 2H, I'm out of luck.

ACE
Jamie_H
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
65 Posts

Profile of Jamie_H
Bugjack, not a bad way to present it!! haha
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Ace,
You should get the Daniel Garcia and Wayne Houchin Ultragaff set. If your clients like Twilight Angel then they will also like the many of the gaff card effects on that set as follow up effects if needed. If not the Ultragaff set then I am sure there are lots of other gaff deck sets that you could use as follow up effects. Just play them off as much better than the first effect (Twilight Angel). Say something like "I don't like to repeat effects because that gets boring but luckily I have something much better to show you."

I do not really like tricks that use gaff cards so I have not put much effect into doing the effects on the Ultragaff set. But they looked a lot like the Twilight Angel effect to me.
coincard
View Profile
New user
Paducah, Kentucky
54 Posts

Profile of coincard
This might not be the best place for this inquiry. However, I was unsure where it should go.

Does anyone know where I might find some DVD covers/inserts for the 9 disks that include the hidden features? I was told that someone in the Café made some for download.
Todd Duff

ToddDuff.com
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Thales: Thanks! I did not think of that! I do have those decks and the DVDs.
They are in my pile of stuff "to do".
I just have so much new magic, and I already carry so much, it is hard to get to it all. Almost overwhelming. But I will look these over before I do TA again, and keep in mind what I need to do for a follow up, and carry what will be best.

(This is why I buy all this stuff, so I have an arsenal, and now I have a good reason to look it over.)

Thanks again for the help!! That is a great idea!

ACE Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..59~60~61~62~63..70~71~72 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL