The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On 2010-04-12 17:09, Grant Mitchell wrote:
Hi, just received Coinvexed 2 today, and have already just about destroyed my hands - I'm obviously doing something very wrong! Really would appreciate if somebody could PM me with a little advice.

Many thanks,
Grant

Hi Grant,

I will be away in Hong Kong until Friday but when I gat back maybe we could have a web video chat and I can help you out?

All the best,

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I just ordered CV2 today Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
So sadness fell upon me this morning.

I ordered CV2 with 4 Quarters by NYMP.

Got the package but inside on the receipt was ...Your CV2 is on backorder

Woe is me!! WOE IS ME!!!
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
Great pickup, Blindside. I feel your pain. I had a lot of fun with CV2 before venturing off to pick up QB 2.0
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Thanks toph, yeah I'm not limiting myself to CV2. One day when I make better money I will venture into QB 2.0 land. CV 2.0 is in my budget for right now. Maybe I'll just set aside 100 a month just for the effect so I can get QB 2.o sooner.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I have no problem with having 2 coins in play. We will see once I have it (Ehh 2 weeks..thanks penguin.not.) I will give real world performance views on it.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-04-12 17:09, Grant Mitchell wrote:
Hi, just received Coinvexed 2 today, and have already just about destroyed my hands - I'm obviously doing something very wrong! Really would appreciate if somebody could PM me with a little advice.

Many thanks,
Grant

Hi Grant,

You're not doing anything wrong my friend, it's a bit like going back to the gym after a long layoff, you're using muscles you haven't used before, or not used for a long time. I would recommend that you have a day or two off from practising, then go back to it again, do this for a week or so and your muscles will have developed enough for this to problem to go away.

I remember having this when I first started using CV2, but now I can bend a coin like it was butter. This is the best piece of kit I have in my magic repertoire, would never leave home without it, I absolutely think this is one of the most powerful effects you can do on a spectator!

If you need any other tips or advice please feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 03:25, Blindside785 wrote:
I have no problem with having 2 coins in play. We will see once I have it (Ehh 2 weeks..thanks penguin.not.) I will give real world performance views on it.

Yeah, it wont be a problem with the patter that's included. It really does a fantastic job and I would have stuck to CV2 if I didn't have a little extra money to get the QB2.0

Putting $100 away for a few months is a sound plan and will be soo worth it. You will be spoiled for the rest of your life when it comes to coins bends with the QB2.0

Hope you get your package from Penguin soon! There is nothing worse than the anxiety of waiting for a new "toy". They better give you extra packs of M&M's for your troubles.
hellohiashley
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of hellohiashley
Hey Every one.
I recently got coinvexed 2.0 after wanting a coin bending routine.
I have to say the reactions I am getting are unreal and that's without the PK block!
Was wondering if I could buy a pro PK Magic Kik as I can get one for £50 and would this still give me the affect as the original coinvexed pk block?
Thank you !
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Hi hello
Just to warn u... I have great reaction too, but when I started to use the pk5, it sort of started to raise susspision, as it was so unreal, the effect was great apart from the movement part, I would not recommend the magnet instead you will be surprised what you can do with a bit of mental force.. Ie... Its getting hot, can you feel it" or.. U will start to feel it move, allmost pulsing" etc.. Read up a bit about some mentalist force, I like Luke jermays feraion of a ring getting hot but have a look try it, it's amazing but when I fo it people realky thing it's getting warm or sometimes moving!
Cheers
Tim
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Mind you if you want to buy a pk5 kit Im thinking of selling mine!
hellohiashley
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of hellohiashley
Private messege me Smile thanks!
Mach
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Mach
Does the routining for this version still require a handful of coins and or anything else to perform the effect with? Or are you all set with just the gimmick and two coins?

Thanks

Mach
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3642 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hey Mach:

You need the Sharpie gimmick plus 4 - 6 various coins to perform. I use 3 quarters, 3 pennies, and a dime. I then do the effect with one of the quarters and one of the pennies. The remaining coins are used over and over.

Jim
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Handful of coins
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition I love it. I would like to get a QB but just don't want to spend that much on the QB when I know what it is. It does look nice and very clean but I can get the same reactions from my Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition for way less.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4456 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I have both a QB2 and CV2... personally I prefer the CV2 and although I have only had it for a couple days, I can already see I will use it more than the QB2
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
bertietonks
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bertietonks
CV2 is great and the use of magnet to excentuate the effect is a super good idea as the impact is then experienced in the specs hands, a powerful moment of magic. I was thinking about buying pure smoke to add further sparkle but I guess how far does one go towards layering multiple sensing to one effect without losing the impact of any singular one.

Any thoughts?
Bertie
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I think that it adds to the effect, particularly if the spectator is holding the coin and you make it appear as if the smoke is coming from his hand (which I've done).
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of rowland
Does anyone know if this is still available it doesn't seem to be on their web site ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL