We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13~14~15 [Next]
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I have not read the entirety of this thread, so firgive me if this has been said previously. The issue is regarding the Patent Pending on the QB. I believe the rammifications of this have been misinterpreted, and perhaps by me as well.

My understanding was that a "Patent Pending" meant that the Patent had yet to be issued, and that the US patent office offers no protection for Patent Pending items. I believe this might be different in the UK, so long as the Patent is accepted. This is not a formality. I also did not think you could search for "Patent Pending" only Patents. And yes it is illegal in the UK, to claim Patent Pending.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 06:24, Nick Wait wrote:
The issue is regarding the Patent Pending on the QB. I believe the rammifications of this have been misinterpreted, and perhaps by me as well.

My understanding was that a "Patent Pending" meant that the Patent had yet to be issued, and that the US patent office offers no protection for Patent Pending items.


Hey Nick,

I think Mr. Sheets applied for a provisional patent application because it is substantially cheaper than hiring an attorney to file a non-provisional patent application. I hope magic doesn't get patented because it exposes the workings to anyone that can search the online database. Just look at The Lean or David Copperfield flying..all exposed. Smile

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
158 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 02:22, Ustaad wrote:
I only hope that Coinvexed-2, besides help bend a coin, can also be used as a writing instrument.


I would like to know too. As well as if v2 provides better leverage?
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 11:39, Eric Gretencord wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 02:22, Ustaad wrote:
I only hope that Coinvexed-2, besides help bend a coin, can also be used as a writing instrument.


I would like to know too. As well as if v2 provides better leverage?


Hi Eric, Ustaad.

Coinvexed 2 can be used as a writing instument by the Spectator with no sw***h required.
Hope that helps
best regards
Jim
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 11:59, Jaz2005 wrote:
Coinvexed 2 can be used as a writing instument by the Spectator with no sw***h required.


Sign me up!!!!! This destroys Quantum Bender 2.0. No flames please.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5717 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 11:59, Jaz2005 wrote:

Hi Eric, Ustaad.

Coinvexed 2 can be used as a writing instument by the Spectator with no sw***h required.

Hope that helps
best regards
Jim


Fantastic!

Thank you for clarifying my doubt.

IMHO, in spite of Coinvexed-2 being a two part coin bending tool, Coinvexed-2 is going to be the ultimate tool for bending a coin in the face of the spectator(s) - at least for some time to come. I say this on two counts:-

(a) One part of the tool acts as a perfect deception, while the other part is a perfect camouflage.

(b) Immediately after the effect you have good reason(s) to pocket one part of the tool, while the second part can remain in the hand till the end of the effect.

I must say that in developing this new coin bending tool some deliberate brainstorming & brilliant thinking has gone into. And with Coinvexed-2, I feel that everything gets beautifully synchronized & fits into place starting from performance, method, misdirection, patter (probably) and timing.

As I have already mentioned in my previous post that I have no idea of Coinvexed-2. This is just an educated guess - but I think this time I won't be totally off track/ wrong. Smile

This is on my purchase list.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Awe, Doug can finally afford a good coin bender Smile J/k for old times sake. This could possibly replace a QB if all goes well. I'm going to pick one up myself as well.

I'm guessing that this is a real time bend and only one coin is in play the entire time? No extra coins introduced or taken away?
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
It is a real time bend and, if you like, only one coin needs to be handled by the spectator. I never had a issue with signing two coins, it was always the two hands full of coins.
It will not, IMHO, improve leverage much over the original.

What happens:
The spectator sees a hand full of change and a sharpie. Spec takes sharpie and signs chosen coin, or own coin, hands coin to magician. Signed coin bends in magicians hand (or their hand), spectator returns sharpie while shaking their head saying WOW.

If you own Coinvexed and are still looking for a great bender but don't want to invest in the QB2 then get the upgrade. You won't be sorry.
If you have the QB2 and arn't happy with it you won't be happy with Coinvexed 2
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ok, tpax, you've given more insight here. What I am asking really is, spectator's viewpoint:

Spectator takes out one of his/her own coins, I hand them Sharpie, they sign coin, I get coin back and do what I need to do, then proceed with the presentatio of the bend. In other words, is Coinvexed 2 as clean and streamlined as the QB?

I've played with the QB quite a bit and absolutely love it for out in the open live bends. There's literally no other coin in play or in sight... ever. I also know the original Coinvexed but absolutely HATE the fact that I had to take out a pocket full of change or get a pocket full of change.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
745 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Hi Jim,
Is the CV2 as sturdy as CV1 ?

Chappelly
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2816 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 12:06, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 11:59, Jaz2005 wrote:
Coinvexed 2 can be used as a writing instument by the Spectator with no sw***h required.


Sign me up!!!!! This destroys Quantum Bender 2.0. No flames please.

Best,

Doug L.



Quantum Bender 2.0 destroys CV2!!! No flames please.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I really can't comment on presentations other then what I've posted. It would not be fair to the guys bringing this out. I will say you can do a live, out in the open bend that, in the spectators eye, would look just like QB2. Because they are different methods they require different handlings to make them work.
Coinvexed 2 and QB2 each have their advantages. If you like QB2 and are happy with it don't get this. It will sit in your drawer. If you are looking for a good coin bender, wait until this is released before making your decision.
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 17:01, chappelly wrote:
Hi Jim,
Is the CV2 as sturdy as CV1 ?

Chappelly

Hi Chappelly,
Rock solid, it will last a lifetime and if is doesn't we will replace it f.o.c.

best regards
Jim
Ogre1234
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
92 Posts

Profile of Ogre1234
Wow, this sounds excellent. With a great price to boot. I can hardly wait!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Thanks tpax, I appreciate the honesty Smile
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Less than a week to go now guys. I am really looking forward to Blackpool and the Launch of Coinvexed The Sharpie Edition.

For customers outside of Europe, it is available on http://www.worldmagicshop.com for shipping on 24th February.

Thanks to all of you guys who have pre-ordered this limited edition or the upgrade kit.
Have a great day
best regards
Jim
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Jaz2005,
Forgive me for not figuring this out on my own...
I am an owner of the original CV and was looking to upgrade.
When I visit the "worldmagicshop" site I don't see where I can order the just the upgrade package. Am I just missing it completely? Smile
Would someone please educated me on this?

I would certainly appreciate it!

Respectfully,
JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 10:03, rochaz wrote:
Jaz2005,
Forgive me for not figuring this out on my own...
I am an owner of the original CV and was looking to upgrade.
When I visit the "worldmagicshop" site I don't see where I can order the just the upgrade package. Am I just missing it completely? Smile
Would someone please educated me on this?

I would certainly appreciate it!

Respectfully,
JRRocha


Go to their website and type "upgrade" in the search box, it will come up.
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 10:03, rochaz wrote:
Jaz2005,
Forgive me for not figuring this out on my own...
I am an owner of the original CV and was looking to upgrade.
When I visit the "worldmagicshop" site I don't see where I can order the just the upgrade package. Am I just missing it completely? Smile
Would someone please educated me on this?

I would certainly appreciate it!

Respectfully,
JRRocha


Thanks Tom,
Rochaz

Just click on the main Coinvexed Ad on the front page. That takes you to a new page and the upgrade is under the main item.

Best Regards
Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL