We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Tpax and Jaz2005,
Found it!
Will be ordering very soon...thanks for your help. Smile

JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
Does the upgrade kit make the original CV1 EXACTLY the same as CV2, or just similar? That is, would I be as well selling the original and buying the new, or is the upgrade the same quality?

Many thanks,
Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Caigy The upgrade Kit will make your CV1 exactly the same as CV2.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
Thanks Gochos.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
IF you buy the Coinvexed 2 Sharpie edition, can you remove the gimmick and have the original Coinvexed?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
So it sounds like you still have to have at least one hand full of coins with CV2.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 06:24, Nick Wait wrote:
I have not read the entirety of this thread, so firgive me if this has been said previously. The issue is regarding the Patent Pending on the QB. I believe the rammifications of this have been misinterpreted, and perhaps by me as well.

My understanding was that a "Patent Pending" meant that the Patent had yet to be issued, and that the US patent office offers no protection for Patent Pending items. I believe this might be different in the UK, so long as the Patent is accepted. This is not a formality. I also did not think you could search for "Patent Pending" only Patents. And yes it is illegal in the UK, to claim Patent Pending.

I always wondered about this when I heard "Patent Pending." It's like the advertiser is saying "if your gonna rip us off, NOW is the time to do it. If you wait, we'll be protected, but right now, this very moment that we are advertising, we just want to make it abundantly clear that we are NOT currently protected in any way shape or form."

At least that's what I always wondered.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 18:12, magicman4646 wrote:
IF you buy the Coinvexed 2 Sharpie edition, can you remove the gimmick and have the original Coinvexed?

Hi, the answer is no. Different products.

Regards
Jim
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 16:57, kissdadookie wrote:
Ok, tpax, you've given more insight here. What I am asking really is, spectator's viewpoint:

Spectator takes out one of his/her own coins, I hand them Sharpie, they sign coin, I get coin back and do what I need to do, then proceed with the presentatio of the bend. In other words, is Coinvexed 2 as clean and streamlined as the QB?

I've played with the QB quite a bit and absolutely love it for out in the open live bends. There's literally no other coin in play or in sight... ever. I also know the original Coinvexed but absolutely HATE the fact that I had to take out a pocket full of change or get a pocket full of change.

This was exactly my point concerning the original CV. If CV2 enables you to cleanly bend one coin without the suspicious introduction of another one and a pocket full of change, I'm in.
No one seems to want to answer this question though. I take it must be similar to the original...

I can't wait to read a review from an actual purchaser of this effect. If it does what I hope it does then it could well be an excellent release.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4241 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
It seems to me that they are essentially two completely different types of bends with very different feels. I personally prefer the streamlined handling for QB and QB 2 as opposed to that of the original Coinvexed because if one really wanted to backtrack, even though they would not stumble upon the method for either, only QB and QB 2 will get you that very direct "I took out a coin and signed it, then it bent/melted/warped/etc." For all intent and purposes, the directness just feels so pure and it's so hands off.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Please wait until the product is released before you make judgements. Coinvexed 2 has a very natural handling due to the design of the upgrade. I have seen and used the new coinvexed. It is well designed and can do almost every routine the QB can do, and some things the QB can't.
You do need to wait until it's released and hear others thoughts.
I will make a prediction that this thread will be overflowing with positive reviews!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4241 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I am so on the fence (tipped more towards the positive than theoretical negative) about picking it up so no worries about prejudgement affecting this individuals purchase (I'm waiting for my local dealer to start carrying them instead of pre-ordering though).
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I saw this today. If you like CV 1 you'll like CV 2. If you didn't like CV1 you won't like CV2. The two are actually very similar.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Thanks Andi, that's clarified things a bit for me. The million dollar question seems to be, can you perform the aforementioned bend with just one borrowed coin?

I have a feeling that the routining must be similar to the first one.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Its not very hard to figure out what the new version of Coinvexed might be(if you own the original Coinvexed). If it is what I think it is, it would cut down the original problems for me by 50%. I guess that's quite an improvement, but I still think it is not as streamlined as this effect can be.

Of course this is just speculation on my part, and when the product is released, we will know how much of an improvement it actually is, and maybe its fantastic...we'll have to wait and see.

Rich B.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Rich B is right, easy to figure out.
I never had a problem with bringing out a handful of coins, it is a natural movement when looking for change. After Rich's post I realized some may not like that. Others seem to be stuck on only one coin from the spectator being used (IMHO, it's NOT natural to ask a stranger for change - unless you are panhandling. And if they are seated it is a hassle and stops the flow of your routine).
Anyways, for those that own coinvexed and are interested in the upgrade, yes, it replaces one of the coinvexed gimmicks.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
If you are going to bend a coin (borrowed, what's the point of bringing out another one that's superflous to the effect?

Just asking, that's all.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 09:26, Lord Freddie wrote:
If you are going to bend a coin (borrowed, what's the point of bringing out another one that's superflous to the effect?

Just asking, that's all.

Yes, and that's exactly why Coinvexed 1 wasn't an improvement to the plot. Hopefully Coinvexed 2 will be!

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
If you haven't noticed, most women don't have pockets in their clothes. If you are strolling corporate/fancy parties and you ask a woman for a quarter where do you think they have it? In their purse is the typical answer. And they may have one in their purse, but most women don't carry their purse into business functions and parties, just a little clutch with license, Credit Card, and a few bucks for parking. And a lot of men avoid carrying change in these situations as a pocket full of coin can distract from the look they are trying to acheive. So if you depend on borrowing a coin you may not find one - tough to do a coin bend without a coin.
Introducing coins allows them to make a choice, keeps the flow of the routine, gives a reason to go to the pocket, and avoids the awkward moment where they want you to unbend or replace their quarter. This is true with all coin bending routines, not just coinvexed!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 10:58, tpax wrote:
If you haven't noticed, most women don't have pockets in their clothes. If you are strolling corporate/fancy parties and you ask a woman for a quarter where do you think they have it? In their purse is the typical answer. And they may have one in their purse, but most women don't carry their purse into business functions and parties, just a little clutch with license, Credit Card, and a few bucks for parking. And a lot of men avoid carrying change in these situations as a pocket full of coin can distract from the look they are trying to acheive. So if you depend on borrowing a coin you may not find one - tough to do a coin bend without a coin.
Introducing coins allows them to make a choice, keeps the flow of the routine, gives a reason to go to the pocket, and avoids the awkward moment where they want you to unbend or replace their quarter. This is true with all coin bending routines, not just coinvexed!

I agree with you. Not everyone will have a quarter,etc. on them. You may need to provide the quarter. The problem is the fact that TWO coins need to be signed and only ONE gets bent. It is pointless. I hope that is not the case with Coinvexed 2.

If that is not the case, I eagerly await this new coin bender.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL