The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Walkaround Instant Inductions At Mall (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Hi all!

I took a course a couple of weeks ago on instant/rapid inductions but unfortunately, we never had the chance to head down to the mall and knock people out.

I see that many hypnotists are doing this and I was hoping someone would share specifics - legalities, etc.

For instance:

1) What are the legalities of hypnotizing people on the street?
2) Do you clear it with the mall first?
3) What are the legalities of video taping in a mall? Do you get release forms from the participants?
4) How do you approach people?
5) What induction do you use most commonly?
6) What do you do with the people once they're in trance?

Thanks!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh lord.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You called?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Of course I could be wrong....but there must be trouble brewing for hypnotists in the media....surely its a matter of time.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1

Better have consent and make sure you consider safety.

No MALL in the traditional sense will give you permission

3) What are the legalities of video taping in a mall?

No Mall will let you video tape inside for security reasons. Been this way since 2001

Naturally and without force

Cerbone butterfly or Rapid PMR

If you took a class that didn't teach this, time to take a better class...
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:

3) What are the legalities of video taping in a mall? Do you get release forms from the participants?

1. I cannot comment on the legalities of doing this in your state.
2 and 3. You should clear this with the mall. You will have to if filming.
4. Hi I am a performer, a hypnotist. May I show you something interesting?
5. Handshake and Eye to hand fixation.
6. Give them catalepsy, arm levitation make them laugh, make others laugh get them vocal. Give them a proper wake up.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
7 keep the engine running in your getaway car.

8 if anyone asks your name say your name is Nongard.

9 if anyone falls and cracks their head tell them not to worry hypnosis is absolutley safe.

10 why not make some extra cash and offer to do some therapy on the spot..

11 remember all publicity is good publicity so if you end up on the front page of your local newspaper for being a public danger its all good.
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 13:41, mindpunisher wrote:
7 keep the engine running in your getaway car.

8 if anyone asks your name say your name is Nongard.

9 if anyone falls and cracks their head tell them not to worry hypnosis is absolutley safe.

10 why not make some extra cash and offer to do some therapy on the spot..

11 remember all publicity is good publicity so if you end up on the front page of your local newspaper for being a public danger its all good.

you made my day.

thanks
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Quote:

If you took a class that didn't teach this, time to take a better class...

I was looking more for common skits that seem to work well in a mall situation. I do stage work but I suspect the things that go over well on stage wouldn't neccessarily go over well at a mall.

So, why am I getting a negative vibe from people here? Is this not a good idea? Seriously... it seems like everyone and their brother (and possibly their dog) has a youtube video of themselves doing "street" hypnosis and it seems almost expected nowadays.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is not "expected" by anyone I know of or deal with.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You obviously don't do much shopping in Malls Danny.

The only question I have is why? whats the point? Why would any person in their right mind want to?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10439 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I agree with Danny and it will never be a part of my offerings.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 17:04, mindpunisher wrote:
The only question I have is why? whats the point? Why would any person in their right mind want to?

It is entertaining. The public love it. The subject loves it. It is just another stage.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I guess Anthony I just don't see it. I just think stage hypnosis should be a real show...With all the proper tricks of the trade in place to play with the perceptions of the audience.

It reminds me of a comparison with art. Put a piece of art on the pavement with a cap and you'll get a few coins. And no one will really value the art or the artist.

Put the same piece of art in a prestigeous gallery and all of a sudden it has many many more times percieved value. It makes more for the artist and somehow gives a more intense and valuable experience for the audience.

I believe true hypnotists take advantage of everything to create the experience for the audience. As well as extract as much value personally from the art.

that's why I think street hypnosis will always devalue the "art". And only uses a small part of true stage hypnosis.

But that's just me.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Street hypnosis is a show. An effective tool for demonstrating the power of hypnosis, and to have fun.
The issue John is that your initial post talked of malls, and they are about the worst venue for such because it really isn't public, it is a private shopping center, and you will have difficulty with permission and cameras and are unlikely to get arpproval from mall owners.

Second, your line "we never had the chance to head down to the mall and knock people out." Rubbed the stage hypnotists wrong, much like a chiropractor cringes when he hears people call it "craking a back" (They do adjustments)....

Street hypnosis, like street magic, or a street musician, or even a juggler can be crass, rude, invasive and unprofessional. With the rights skill and attitude, it can be beutiful, interesting and a powerful force for good.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is what it is and it was bound to pop up with the popularity of "street magic", and with Ricky Kalamon doing that on the TV guide channel of all places.

I imagine it will always have a foothold of sorts. As I said I am making no judgements about it, simply saying that it is not part of what I choose to do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
I think it would be different between one country and another......
and to be honest, I don't know the rules in my country.......
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Quote:
On 2009-02-04 04:42, Miraclemakers wrote:
I think it would be different between one country and another......
and to be honest, I don't know the rules in my country.......

I think Mesmer has an experience about this,
would you like to share your experience here?
Thank's
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Sorry MP and Danny but I think Anthony and Richard are on the money. Albeit I also feel Richard is correct in as much as John phrased his intentions inapropriately and did indeed devalue the art of hypnosis.
I do know that many stage magicians are not happy, indeed even jealous of guys who do 'close-up'. And I've been told countless times by members of the public that whilst I'm working that:
"I'd only ever seen it on TV or on a stage and simply didn't believe it was possible to do what you just did... right under my nose."
I think street hypnosis is to stage hypnosis what close up is to stage magic. In many ways MP not only does it NOT devalue hypnosis but rather expands its value giving a 'close-up' demonstration of its powers which the close-up viewer gets to actually OWN.
However, in The Mall? Admittedly that maybe makes even me a wee bit queesy. BUT I like the idea that I could be wrong.
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think street hypnosis is to stage hypnosis what street magic is to stage magic.

This I agree with.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Walkaround Instant Inductions At Mall (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL