The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Walkaround Instant Inductions At Mall (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
virtualguy
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of virtualguy
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 20:03, Nongard1 wrote:
Street hypnosis is a show. An effective tool for demonstrating the power of hypnosis, and to have fun.

I respectfully disagree. It is not a show. On the street, it hopes to be a successful demonstration. In all likelyhood, it will be a demonstration of how NOT to do hypnosis. It is an opportunity to look like a fool, and it is sure to shine a negative light on the hypnosis medium and those who practice it.

Quote:
The issue John is that your initial post talked of malls, and they are about the worst venue for such because it really isn't public...

The issue, in my view, is that walkabout hypnosis is a bad idea to begin with. For certain, very accomplished, very talented hypnotists, it might be pulled off with some credibility. But, hypnosis is NOT magic, illusion, or slight of hand. It is a very different medium which demands a different set of standards and carries with it an entirely different set of responsibilities.

Any responsible professional hypnotist should discourage this kind of thing, especially by someone who gets his hypnosis education from an online forum.

Quote:
Street hypnosis ... can be crass, rude, invasive and unprofessional. With the rights skill and attitude, it can be beutiful, interesting and a powerful force for good.

But, that is, by far, the exception and not the rule. That kind of use of hypnosis should be discouraged, not encouraged... in my view.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 15:36, virtualguy wrote:
Quote:
Street hypnosis ... can be crass, rude, invasive and unprofessional. With the rights skill and attitude, it can be beutiful, interesting and a powerful force for good.

But, that is, by far, the exception and not the rule. That kind of use of hypnosis should be discouraged, not encouraged... in my view.

It certainly is the exception to the rule. If we are talking stage hypnosis.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Stage hypnosis / street hypnosis its really the same thing. There is no difference.

Its using hypnosis for entertainment. They even use the same routines. Its the context and perception that's different. And also the dynamics.

I would discourage it because its just bad for hypnosis. The more running around doing it the more likely there is to be a problem.

But lets face it its here to stay. If it grows in popularity it will face the same wrath stage hypnosis faced by the media. I'ld even bet worse. There will be incedents, accidents just as before. Plus in street settings there is less control than in a show setting.

I do agree with Richard about hypnosis possibly being a powerful force for good but I don't see that coming from the stage or the street. I think we are deluding ourselves.

The street is the poor man's cousin of the stage. And with the increasing numbers its only a matter of time before there is a problem.

And I say that with sincerity.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 17:03, mindpunisher wrote:

Listen mate, we don't know who you are but you're obviously not Mindpunisher. Lay a hair on his already badly receding hairline and we'll come after you!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I see you gonna hypnotise me and steal my underpants? Or stick my hand to my willie?

Really uncuth...your just a "clown of the unconscious"...

Look Bobser I am sincere I have your welfare at heart you know...I want to save you.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 17:03, mindpunisher wrote:
1.) Stage hypnosis / street hypnosis its really the same thing. There is no difference.

2.) Its using hypnosis for entertainment. They even use the same routines. Its the context and perception that's different. And also the dynamics.

3.) I would discourage it because its just bad for hypnosis. The more running around doing it the more likely there is to be a problem.

4.) But lets face it its here to stay. If it grows in popularity it will face the same wrath stage hypnosis faced by the media. I'ld even bet worse. There will be incedents, accidents just as before. Plus in street settings there is less control than in a show setting.

5.) I do agree with Richard about hypnosis possibly being a powerful force for good but I don't see that coming from the stage or the street. I think we are deluding ourselves.

6.) The street is the poor man's cousin of the stage. And with the increasing numbers its only a matter of time before there is a problem.

Wow a day MP and I agree on most. I only disagree with paragraph #3. Paragraph #5 I think it is neither good nor bad, it just is. I even agree with #6, but the problem is not the hypnosis but careless or abusive people simply using hypnois as the gimmik -- a legitimate concern to address.

Line #1 is spot on MP. Stage and street hypnosis are EXACTLY the same thing.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Walkaround Instant Inductions At Mall (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL