We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Walkaround Instant Inductions At Mall (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
No not really...

Since Shrink was my public name for over 10 years I don't see where you are coming from. Again anyone who wants some back ground information doesn't have to look too hard.

Who mentioed agents in this thread? Again show me one thing that you consider a "stone" and not true?

Why is my name of any importance? Are you going to come around and fisticuffs with me? C'mon Danny either what I post is valid or its not. If its not it should be easy to pull apart.

Go on go over this thread and pull apart any of my posts. My posts are not weighed against me. It doesn't matter where they "come from". They are either valid or they aren't. Again go back and pull them apart.

Is that clear for you? If you are so knowledgable it should be an easy task to pull apart a "supposed" hypnotist. I mean a man of your highly thought of and admired status real life name!!! You must be struggling to stand up with all that weighing against you in all that bright light. Makes me almost pleased to be in the dark.

Surely?

The truth is I don't care what you weigh against what. I'm not here to admire your "status" of holiday camp hypnotist.. (its clear in 20 years or so you haven't learned much more about hypnosis)I'll leave that to street performers who perform for free. You'll have more luck there. They are more easily impressed.

is that clear for you? Or has all that brightness blinded you?
Darren Altman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Darren Altman
Mr Mindpusher... will you please let us know your name so you are no longer shrouded in anonimity? I know who Richard and Anthony are and Danny now. You know who I am. Seeing as we're all friends chatting about a common passion, it would be nice to put you in a context, to know who I'm talking to and therefor appreciate your background in hypnosis. Not that it would add any more validity to your posts, as your thoughts and opinions are clearly yours. It would be good to know who I'm chatting to, rqather than a faceless, nameless avatar!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20973 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No, you are not too bright, you prove that constantly.

Again you either miss the point because you are not too bright, or because you intend too so here it is.

When nobody knows anything about you, your opinion is not as valid as you think. But it is valid to you, so that is all that matters.

You claim 20 years experience, fine then that does have a berring on what people think of what you say. Like it or not friend, that is the truth. Funny though you seem to miss those little 'truths' which do not fit into your life's view.

Hey I am with Richard, I think you being here does make things far more interesting. It does show another side to things, and what a boring world it will be if everyone agreed! I am all for being in the dark. Go for it. But then don't be shocked when nobody takes you that seriously.

I mean it is pretty simple. When you have differing, almost bitter opinions, which you do, then you would have to understand that it is human nature to wonder what exactly formed those opinions. I am not even going to worry if I agree or disagree, it is not important. If someone says they have all this experience and so forth, yet don't want their clients to find these thoughts, if you hide behind fake names and such, it does tend to make one wonder about the opinion itself.

Again please understand I am not trying to bash you OR YOUR OPINIONS. I am showing you why maybe it is not taken as seriously as you would like. Certainly you come here for a reason. Why would you post at all if you didn't want somoene to listen right?

You choose to not be known to us for whatever reason. Cool. But just know that it has a bit to do with how seriously people take grand pronouncements you have a habit of making.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Darren Altman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Darren Altman
.... I was trying to be diplomatic Danny!! ;-)
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I have had disagreements with MP, however I have nothing against him remaining anonymous.

One of the typical ploys of argumentation is labeling. Stick a label on someone and you can ignore them. "He's a liberal" or "He's a conservative" so we can ignore anything they say as being just part of their dogma.

By focusing on MP's personality, you could ignore his comments. By not knowing who MP is you're stuck with actually paying attention to his comments rather than saying, "Oh, that's just Bob."

So I haven't tried to discover his identity although he says it's not difficult to do. I'm more interested in his comments, and I'll agree, add, modify, or disagree with my comments. Sure, dealing with someone's comments and ideas is a lot more difficult than labeling someone and writing them off because they're just that label, but as people have pointed out, he does make the forum interesting.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20973 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If the comments are comming from experience, it means a WHOLE lot more than if they are comming from a 17 year old kid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 11:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
If the comments are comming from experience, it means a WHOLE lot more than if they are comming from a 17 year old kid.

Genius from a 17 year old means a WHOLE lot more than ignorance and stupidity in spit of ignorance. To me, WHAT is said is far more important that WHO said it.

To paraphrase a writer in another field, "There is no room for authority in hypnosis." It wouldn't matter of Erickson, Elman, or anyone else said something--if they're right, they're right and if they're wrong, they're wrong.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20973 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sure, but when you make sweeping generalizations, things that can ONLY be learned from experience, then it DOES matter.

People want to discount experience, but it is matters.

If you had a choice of flying with a pilot who had say 10,000 flight hours, or one who has only 2 flight hours and knew nothing else of them, which would you choose?

Sorry but experience matters.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:

you hurt my feelings.

Thomas,
17 Year old.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Just wanted to comment on the earlier opinion which postulated that street hypnosis was killing the art form of the stage hypnotist.
Last weekend I had a similar discussion with a stage hypnotist who was watching me zapping a guy in Yates's Wine lodge.
To cut a long stort short I went to see his stage show on Saturday night where I was honoured to see the artist at work. He was scintilating as he got one young woman to use language that would make a street labourer blush as she chastised the audience on all of them being ugly. While that was going our artist had several other young girls humping their chairs as they climaxed together. And of course as our Svengali orchestrated his public he reached even greater heights as he made farting noises into the microphone which motivated one young man to run to the toilet thinking... well you know what.
I thought of our earlier discussion and just sat there smiling to myself thinking: "Yeah... right!"
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20973 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 15:38, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Quote:

you hurt my feelings.

Thomas,
17 Year old.

Please tell me you are joking. It does not mean a 17 year old has nothing to contribute, it simply means that you do not have as many things to draw from in order to form an opinion.

I was 17. You will grow out of it.

But to tell me that you know as much at 17 as you do at 30 or as much at 30 that you do at 60 is just mathmatically wrong.

It is not bad to be 17. But you have to admit it is more a time for learning than teaching in most cases. Even a BRILLIANT 17 year old will hopefully learn more by the time they are 30 right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 16:08, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 15:38, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Quote:

you hurt my feelings.

Thomas,
17 Year old.

Please tell me you are joking. It does not mean a 17 year old has nothing to contribute, it simply means that you do not have as many things to draw from in order to form an opinion.

I was 17. You will grow out of it.

But to tell me that you know as much at 17 as you do at 30 or as much at 30 that you do at 60 is just mathmatically wrong.

It is not bad to be 17. But you have to admit it is more a time for learning than teaching in most cases. Even a BRILLIANT 17 year old will hopefully learn more by the time they are 30 right?

I hate you. You made me cry.
JUST KIDDING.
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
Firstly, I LOVE doing walk around hypno for the fun of it!

BUT in answer to your questions from a UK perspective:

1) What are the legalities of hypnotizing people on the street?

In the UK, you are technically governed by the 1952 Hypnotism Act and should follow it BUT as long as you have their consent and you are careful its fine.

2) Do you clear it with the mall first?

Don't bother. They won't say yes.

3) What are the legalities of video taping in a mall?

You can't video inside, the security guards will have you removed in seconds.

4) How do you approach people?

"Hi, I'm a hypnotist...."

5) What induction do you use most commonly?

My own, 60-Second See-Saw induction

6) What do you do with the people once they're in trance?

Presumably this is what you should know from your own hypnotic experience.. Any hypnotic routine you like..
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 15:37, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sure, but when you make sweeping generalizations, things that can ONLY be learned from experience, then it DOES matter.

People want to discount experience, but it is matters.

If you had a choice of flying with a pilot who had say 10,000 flight hours, or one who has only 2 flight hours and knew nothing else of them, which would you choose?

Sorry but experience matters.

I'd choose the one who wasn't drunk.

Nobody with only 2 flight hours could legally fly solo, so your question is irrelevant.

However, the way you worded it is. You wrote, "if you knew nothing else about them." If I knew nothing of hypnosis, then I would place probably undue faith in experience. Remember, the experience could be nothing but the experience of failure.

But I do know about hypnosis. So I can view what others say and compare their comments with what I have experienced. In this case it's MY experience that's important, not someone else's.

Again, I would suggest focusing on what is said, not who said it. Anybody can put anything up on a website or create a spurious curriculum vitae. What is said is more important than who said it.

When I have disagreed with what MP has posted it has never been because of who he is or his history, it has only been based on his post. When I agree with him it is the same.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20973 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You are twisting words to suit your needs so cool.

I am telling you experience matters. It does.

When someone posts something contrary and very loudly, makes pronouncements for entire countries, agents and such, it would be nice to know why they think this.

So you think EVERY opinion has merit at face value huh? Interesting. When you were learning did you choose someone who simply had 0 experience to teach you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 17:26, Darren Altman wrote:
Mr Mindpusher... will you please let us know your name so you are no longer shrouded in anonimity? I know who Richard and Anthony are and Danny now. You know who I am. Seeing as we're all friends chatting about a common passion, it would be nice to put you in a context, to know who I'm talking to and therefor appreciate your background in hypnosis. Not that it would add any more validity to your posts, as your thoughts and opinions are clearly yours. It would be good to know who I'm chatting to, rqather than a faceless, nameless avatar!

You lot crack me up sometimes. If Danny really wants to know why I post here its purely for the entertainment. You guys are the ant farm I never had as a kid. Its nice to shake you and watch you squirm.

If this is the best you can do to try and discredit me I am truly complimented. You think I know who you are "Darren"? This forum gets funnier as each day passes.

I don't need to know any of your names (they mean nothing to me anyway) to see who has real experience and at what level. And who is motivated by what.Its clear with every post you make. Infact it screams out so loudly I need to switch off my speakers they frighten the cat.

I was Shrink profesionally for 10 years some of my mentalist friends still call me that. If its good enough for them its good enough for you.

However I understand why some would want to make a deal of it. Its about all they have... You make me smile.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 14:54, Dannydoyle wrote:
You are twisting words to suit your needs so cool.

I am telling you experience matters. It does.

When someone posts something contrary and very loudly, makes pronouncements for entire countries, agents and such, it would be nice to know why they think this.

So you think EVERY opinion has merit at face value huh? Interesting. When you were learning did you choose someone who simply had 0 experience to teach you?

When someone posts something contrary with no experience then its easy to pull their claims apart...being contrary with substance = backbone. Unlike the blind herd instinct so common on here.

So far you haven't been able to pull anything apart.You know who I am Danny Ive disclosed who I am and some of the things I am doing to you in private many months ago. You probably know more about some of things ive been up to the last few years than I know about you. Unless of course you have such a bad memory.

Bobser is a nice guy. But its easy to see where he's coming from. "you haven't lived until you've stuck someone's hand to a urinal". Is what he said in the street hypnosis thread. that's a dead giveaway on two counts.

a) Hes totally new to hypnosis and couldn't really be taken seriously as to his opinion on stage hypnosis.Or his position as a professional.

b) He sees hypnosis as a school boy prank rather than a business. (and hes not exactly a young one.)

Although hes still a likeable character... anything he says should be taken with a pinch of salt.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>So you think EVERY opinion has merit at face value huh? Interesting. When you were learning did you choose someone who simply had 0 experience to teach you?<<<<

You crack me up... Are you saying my posts don't have any merit?

Nowhere did I see that the poster said EVERY opinion. He was talking about mine specifically.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20973 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Experience nobody can see is 0 experience. Sorry shrinkpunisher.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
So Danny why do you hang about here just out of curiosity? I can see your a well seasoned holiday camp hypnotist who never really went any further with hypnosis.

And that's a very obvious observation. Without any need for further evidence. Perhaps you could add not too astute to the list since you seem to not get the jist of these threads and the content.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Walkaround Instant Inductions At Mall (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL