We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » More pictures of the convention... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I just visited Joe Lauher's site http://www.handcuffs.org

He's posted his reviews of the convention.

I just wanna know one thing ... what in the world does that lady with long blonde hair think she's doing???

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Thanks for yet another link and another set of fine photos! Yep, just keep rubbing it in! Some of us missed a fun time! Yep, keep rubbing it in! Smile Smile

Ms. M. Nice wand technique! Did you find any contraband? Did you ever work for a Department of Corrections?

Er…Red Leather?
Smile
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Yes, Harry, red leather ... and 4 inch heels. Of course, I've also got gold leather!! Just ask Ian about the gold leather! Smile

As for contraband ... well, a girl's gotta have some secrets!! Smile

Margarette
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Dear Margarette,

I loved your interaction with JF during his escape.

I'm going to hold "THE" pictures of Ian for a few years and maybe post them on one of his birthdays. Smile

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Joseph was a sport! He was unaware that I was going to do the "ambidextrous" line. I apologized for that afterwards. But, he had it coming after the "Sorry, I said YOUNG" line. Smile

Shawn, is that on the video you have? I know I still gotta send you a blank video, but I'm working on something first.

Margarette
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hum, I believe it is on the video, I'll have to watch it again to make sure. I'll edit this after I'm postive that it is on the vid.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Shawn and Margarette, I have already been blackmailed by several after the "gold hots pants" incident. As far as I am concerned it didn't happen and any photos out there have been digital enhanced. Shame they didn't put any color in my legs. Smile

Ian
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Ian, I know I have not been guilty of attempting blackmail! Uh ... yeah ... and ... I've got fourteen witnesses who will back up my story!!! Smile

Seriously, oh heck, who can be serious when talking about gold leather shorts!! Just remember my comment on "the knees"!! Smile

Margarette
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Margarette, yes the head and body are mine. The shorts were your's but the legs I borrowed from a store mannequin. All part of the illusion.
The knees by Cuggi
Ian
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
So, Ian, if you are the "golden boy" ... what does that make me ... the "red hot mamma"? Smile Just being funny!!

Margarette
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Sounds to me like everyone enjoyed themselves. If Shawn does go next year he has permission to kidnap me. Don, Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
AHEM!!! Announcement here! From the friends of Margarette who live in Little Rock:

"Margarette does not have a true southern accent! Yes, she does say y'all but she says 'you guys', too! No self respecting southerner would ever be caught saying 'you guys'".

They wanted me to tell you!! So, I did! Smile

Margarette
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I'll be there next year Don. I think I have room on my car roof— we'll cuff you in place and see if you've picked your way out by the time we get there.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Shawn, perfect place for me. On the roof, give me a megaphone and I can make a sound like a siren so you can get through the traffic jams. Don,
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Thanks for sharing Margarette...

I am even more depressed about missing the convention then before! Smile

In all seriousness (is that a word?) looks like y'all had fun!

I can say "y'all"... I was born in FT. Smith Arkansas. Smile
Tony Chapparo
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
I hate to bring this up but... not really.

Surely someone is gonna ask Harry to apologize for a childish, or sexist remark?

Yep.

I do, especially in light of recent happenings?

Some things I simply don't get... and pots and kettles sure are two of 'em.

Kaj

P.S. But yes... the convention did seem like a lot of fun Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Kaj

Sexist remark? Where?

The “wand technique” was referring to the posted photo wherein Margarette was using a wand metal detector to look for hidden metal (I assume)

The “contraband” reference, was also questioning if she had found any hidden keys and/or shims.

By the way, I believe the use of a metal detection wand in an escape act is pure genius.

The reference to working for a “Department of Corrections” was a straight forward inquiry, there is no double meaning there. (And I don’t know how one could be made!)

I don’t do double meaning or sexist comments (flirt, hit on, or talk about body parts). I never have and never will. I do wonder about your thought processes (your dirty little mind!) as you try to make pots and kettles out of this.
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
Hmmmm...

I wonder if you remark about red leather to every guy too?

It must be indeed my dirty little mind ... I am as much pig as any guy, but I don't like the Orwellian reasoning of 'All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others'.

If there's some hidden connotation in mentioning red leather that I am unaware of I apologize, but then you should be aware that others might misinterpret it likewise...

...and apply the same reasoning when considering the political correctness of other posts.

Kaj
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Kaj,
Have you looked at the pictures on the site in my original post? I am indeed wearing red leather shorts for my straitjacket escape. I have talked about my attire before, and well, yes, I do expect to get certain comments about how I look and what I wear. I think some people think I'm joking about wearing the leather shorts to perform in, but yes, I actually do.

Although you can't see the top because it's covered with the straightjacket, it is a yellow lace top that is very low cut and well, MOST of it is sheer lace ... certain strategic spots on the top are not see-through. In addition to the red leather, I also have gold leather (ask Ian about the gold), which has also been referred to in this thread. I found nothing offensive or sexist in Harry's comments. With what I wear, let's face it, I expect people, mostly guys, to look.

It was funny, Shawn's wife was in the ladies' room as I was changing, and I commented to her that Mark wanted an "attention getter" for the first escape of the morning, and did she think me performing in this outfit would be enough of an attention getter. She commented back to me something like if it weren't, then we needed to start checking pulses and eyesight!

Margarette
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Kaj,

In an earlier post on a different thread within the “all tied up” section, Margarette mentioned that one of her performing costumes was made of red leather. My query to her was “red leather?” which was asking her if this was her performing costume. I believe that it is straightforward to someone who had been reading the posts on this section of the Café. She acknowledged, “yes”.

If I saw a person’s photo that showed a distinctive bit of costuming that had been previously mentioned, I might remark on it. Male or female. In fact on another forum I once asked about a pouch that a guy (male) was wearing, simply asked “Gazzo’s pouch?” and nothing more. The guy understood what I was asking and replied, “Yes, nice ain’t it!”

As to your “Orwellian” allusion, as near as I can determine all the animals on the farm are equal and treated the same. I have had posts corrected and deleted for content (for giving too much and it being deemed exposure usually) when I have overstepped the bounds.

Sadly, I think that nothing can be said one way or another to change your perception. And as a perception you have the right to it.

I remain your friend in Magic!
Harry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » More pictures of the convention... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL