The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Extractor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I've been using this for a while now and it gets awsome reactions. Besides whats on the DVD, can anyone give me a few newer routines for it? I ususlly just do "card to pocket" and actually pulled off "card to someone elses pocket" once. PM me if you have to. I know there are a lot of possibilities for this, but my mind goes blank when I try to think of something. Palming a card is not a problem for me. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
You could do card to wallet,kennedy box,destination box,paper clipped. really the possibilities are wide open. my 2 cents
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
Think of it this way--with the Extractor, you're left in a particular position with very little to no heat on it. Since there's no heat, you're able to get away with some loads you mightn't otherwise do. So what I do is to just think of all the "impossible" locations I can come up with and see what I can actually make happen. Remember that you don't have to reveal as soon as you're loaded--I'll frequently put another effect in between the load and the revelation, and a lot of times THAT gives me an opportunity to do the work.

For me, coming up with a routine has never been that hard, because the routines I've used with it are pretty much all "card to impossible location" bits (along with a couple mentalist bits, but I'm still workshopping some of those).
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
The Extractor is considered a utility device that can be used to accomplish any card to location, card prediction, ect...

You can use it to enhance your card to wallet effects or card to pocket or envelope.

You can use it to peek the card for mentalism effects.

You can use it to do various signed card effects...

rather than go into specific effects here, think about the application of the utility. Effect that requires you to know a card, steal a card, relocate a card, transpose a card ect... can be enhanced with the extractor.

I personally like having them insert the card into the case, then I put the case into a bag RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM WITH NO FUNNY MOVES (wink) I let them hold the bag. I then say we will get to that later... I show a card trick or two to the group.. then a few tricks later I do one that requires a force card.. which just happens to be the signed card they thought they were holding in the bag....

its more of an enhancement - dressing to the effect you could say.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
Mmreed, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Throw another effect in the middle of the routine, and it gives you the opportunity to do just about anything with the card.

An idea that occurs to me that's beyond my personal abilities at the moment would work great for someone who does pick-pocket work. I can imagine starting just the way you do (ie., putting the case in the bag) and going on to some other effects (I think it's good to do at least one non-card effect, though). Then a good pick-pocket could steal a wallet, get the card into the wallet, and put the wallet back (all under the cover of other effects, of course). Hard as hell, but I reckon it'd get a great reaction if done well.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Has anyone tried disecting the extractor yet and putting it in a new box? Just wondering how hard it will be once my box starts to look old.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Not yet Ryan... but I soon will be trying... my box flap is getting ragged.

I wish it would be designed to easily change...seems like it might be glued pretty good.

Something that costs that much, and is prone to wearing out needs to be replaceable.
Mark Reed
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
It's the only reason why I haven't plunked down the money for this. Smile Something that expensive should last you quite a while, but if you're a worker, well, card boxes don't last that long.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
To all those wondering about replacement...

PIECE OF CAKE!

Just cut off the box... popped into a new one.... lined up perfect... took 5 minutes.
Mark Reed
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Glad to hear it is easy to replace
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
As am I. I haven't come to the point of needing to replace it yet, but I've worried about what to do when the day comes. Very nice to hear it's easy.
~Bob

----------

ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Thanks for being the first to attempt it Mark. What did it look like inside?
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
New England
139 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 17:43, ryan8406 wrote:

Although I don't own this, I picture it looking similar to "Daryl's Ultimate Ambition" gimmick but in a box?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3306 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Has anybody come up with a mentalism routine using this that does not utilize palming?
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I assume you just "P**K at the card and go from there
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 00:24, Jason Purdy wrote:
Quote:

Although I don't own this, I picture it looking similar to "Daryl's Ultimate Ambition" gimmick but in a box?

Very close, with improvements in construct.
Mark Reed
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Quote:

My first thought was, wow they must have a huge laser cutter!!!!
Mark Reed
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Mark, what type of material was used inside? wood, plastic, ???
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Wood is used inside.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Extractor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL