The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring to Baby Shoe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Does anyone know if this effect, Ring to Shoelace (Baby Shoe in Pocket), is available in the US? I've heard that it was a Copperfield illusion. It would fit well with my routine but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas besides making one out of another illusion?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Howdy Slim!

Still looking for the "Baby Shoe", but you might take a look at Hank Lee's site and do a "Search" for "On Foot".

Almost kinda' sorta' the same effect, but it happens on the shoe that you are wearing.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
It's a totally different technique, even though it's a similar effect.

You DO NEED to bend down when doing "ON FOOT".

DON'T EVEN THINK you could perform "ON FOOT" without your hands near your shoes....

Hengky Smile
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
It is true that you have to bend down in SANDER'S/REYMOND ON FOOT but you have a motivation.

People won't recall you being close. When you bend down, look at the audience in the eyes, they will look you in the eyes and they won't remember the fact that you kneeled.

Looks great.

I don't think that the baby shoe was ever marketed.

Smile Smile Smile
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'll check out the "On Foot" Hank Lee site. I did see a German site somewhere with the illusionm but after ^*%^* years, my high school German isn't so good. I can't recall the site either. My interest in Magic is only exceeded by my failing memory.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I believe that Chris Kenner invented the effect for Copperfield and that it was never marketed.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The ring flite to baby shoe is being sold by a dealer. I've seen it somewhere but I lost the link.
Bernard Sim
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I finally found the German link and someone said that there is a Brazillian one as well. I can't read the German and I'm not real sure what the mark is worth. The thread I found ended in February. Anyone proficient in German?
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
On Foot is great!
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Slim King -
Why don't you post the link? Also, there are currency converters on line and Google will frequently translate the page for you - kind of poor translation, but it works. There is also an altavista page that does translation.
tr
Smile
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
Hi Slim,
I am from Germany and think I know which Effect you are looking for: Babyschuh.
You can get it from Stolina Magic http://www.stolina.de, the Article 179,Price 98 Euro. I saw it once and think it is almost the same technique that magic dave is using...
Good luck JuRim Smile
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It does say David Copperfield in the ad. Thanks so much. I'll keep looking for something on this continent. JuRim...Do you ever listen to Chris Rea? AND... What did she say after the four card tricks?
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I have created a version, something like "On Foot," but you don't need to bend down, and I need to know how, in Copperfield's version, the ring gets onto the lace.

I am not talking about on the lace of the shoe that was in his back pocket (I know this is a ring flight), but actually before the vanish, how the ring is attached to the lace.

For anyone who knows how this effect is done, would you say it would be best for me to just buy the version from Stolina to understand how this lace attachment works and go from there to construct my version? Or can someone share with me this part of the effect?

I really hate to ask of things like this but I don't want to pay for the shipping from Brazil and the cost of the shoe when I would never use this effect.

I think what I have come up with is very clean and would totally fry a layman and I'm sure some magicians, so if you can help me out I will explain my idea to you; just PM me.

Thanks so much and sorry if I sound like such an amateur.

It does mention Mr. Copperfield's name and "copied this from the page offering the effect:

"Der 'Babyschuh' gehört zu den festen Elementen der Copperfield-Show."

You see that the last 2 words are
"Copperfield-show." I wonder if it is the same method for attaching the ring to the lace that Copperfield used because that is what I am looking for. Hope that helps someone.
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
AND... What did she say after the four card tricks?

Do you use the Aronson Stack or the Tamariz Stack? Smile

My dad likes Chris Rhea... I am not so old... Smile
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
About Sanders' On Foot: do you really think the audience will not REMEMBER you bending down to your foot? Sure, they won't NOTICE it at first, but after the climax they will quickly backtrack your moves. Unless you use a LOT of time misdirection, but then the climax is diluted.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
"Der 'Babyschuh' gehört zu den festen Elementen der Copperfield-Show."

I think the translation is "The baby shoe is one of the main elements of the Copperfield show". Technically, that is not advertising the trick as the same one Copperfield uses, but it's walking a fine line.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
And is a ripoff... the effect is Kenner's and he HAS NOT marketed it.

Create something else, better! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
Wow, uhm. If I did my calculation correctly, 98 Euro would be like $115 US Dollars ... for a Ring Flite? Especially a Ring Flite which has been ripped off?

If you know anything about Ring Flite, you could modify a baby shoe for a few bucks.

MagiCat Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Where can I see what the metal gimmick looks like? I want to build my own but have no idea where I would start. Does the on foot version from Richard use the same gimmick as Copperfields (the lace), but it is just not a ring flight?

Someone please help, this is becoming a stupid search for something so simple.

thanks
magicpro
View Profile
New user
montreal
51 Posts

Profile of magicpro
dj, trix
I just say you should buy the trick from Brazil. Your best bet plus I love the one I have. I never leave home without it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring to Baby Shoe (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL