The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's 99 demo (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay sent out an announcement yesterday:
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48264

PRE-ORDER NOW AND SAVE 25%!
The first 99 pre-orders will include DOUBLE EQUIPMENT + Jay's 'Numero' mental effect FOR FREE!!! It's the perfect lead-in trick to the mind-snapping '99' routine!

99 is completely self-working!
It never misses!
You can immediately repeat the effect with a different 2-digit number and with a different object on the list!
Perfect for intense 1-on-1 psychic demonstrations or performances in front of large groups!
List folds for ideal portability!
Includes everything you need to perform this astounding mental effect including a full length instructional DVD and the special list printed on 3-layered, super strong, stain and tear-resistant Yupo brand synthetic paper!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Sounds VERY VERY good..

My order is in!!
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Hmmmmm. I suspect the demo leaves something out(which isn't necessarily a Cardinal Sin; musn't make it too easy for us to reverse engineer). If it really was as clean as the ad makes it look (Think of a 2 digit number. Look at the corresponding item on this list. You're thinking of____!)that would be something.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
I've already tried this out... it kicks arse! Is really simple and Jay gives quite a few different presentational ideas... very cool.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
I'm still not totally sure on how the effect works, but I ending up ordering it because of the promotion. My payment went through at around 9:12, so I'll be disappointed if I'm not in the first 99.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
I suspect that it may be not too dissimilar in method to '100 names' by Oliver Clark where you have a list of 100 christian names, get the spectator to just think of any 2 digit number and then reveal the corresponding name on the list. Can be instantly repeated with a different number and name. Its not a bad effect actually. Maybe I should start using it again.

On the other hand I may just order this for the performance ideas. I especially like the idea of using the number of boyfriends the spectator has ever had.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
I see this is a pre-order and it looks great. I can't seem to find when it should ship?
Any one know?

Mike
Entertainer
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
44 and 46 are the same, for some reason.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 13:34, magicmike30 wrote:
I see this is a pre-order and it looks great. I can't seem to find when it should ship?
Any one know?

Mike

It ships on Valentines day, February 14th according to an e-mail Jay sent out.

magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Thanks Chris, I really want to hit the order button on this one. I have not bought any new magic since, since, hmmm I can't remember? So those that have this seem to love it and that ad copy has me scratching my head.

Michael
Entertainer
drezmagic
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of drezmagic
Hmm... I have a question for those who have this product as I am seriously considering it.

Is there any mathematics involved that the spectator must do?
and

Is it as clear as on the demo video where the spec just thinks of the number and finds the word that corresponds with it?

In other words, I hope the trick is not too convoluted or some mathematical thing

I hope I can get an answer to these questions without revealing the trick.
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Franky
>>I've already tried this out... it kicks arse! Is really simple and Jay gives >>quite a few different presentational ideas... very cool.

It`s possible to perform this routine in any language ?

Thanks
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 02:24, Franky wrote:
>>I've already tried this out... it kicks arse! Is really simple and Jay gives >>quite a few different presentational ideas... very cool.

It`s possible to perform this routine in any language ?

Thanks

Yes, but you'd have to make new printed word strips. The ones that come with the DVD are only in English
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Franky
Thanks for the infos.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 09:33, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Jay sent out an announcement yesterday:
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48264

PRE-ORDER NOW AND SAVE 25%!
The first 99 pre-orders will include DOUBLE EQUIPMENT + Jay's 'Numero' mental effect FOR FREE!!! It's the perfect lead-in trick to the mind-snapping '99' routine!

99 is completely self-working!
It never misses!
You can immediately repeat the effect with a different 2-digit number and with a different object on the list!
Perfect for intense 1-on-1 psychic demonstrations or performances in front of large groups!
List folds for ideal portability!
Includes everything you need to perform this astounding mental effect including a full length instructional DVD and the special list printed on 3-layered, super strong, stain and tear-resistant Yupo brand synthetic paper!

Chris, you should start earning some pay from Jay what with all the free advertising he gets from you! lol

~gaffed~ Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I doubt very much these little blurbs do much for him, I dig his material and when he comes out with something, I like to tell folks.

Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 01:41, drezmagic wrote:
Hmm... I have a question for those who have this product as I am seriously considering it.

Is there any mathematics involved that the spectator must do?
and

Is it as clear as on the demo video where the spec just thinks of the number and finds the word that corresponds with it?

In other words, I hope the trick is not too convoluted or some mathematical thing

I hope I can get an answer to these questions without revealing the trick.

Same concern here- like I said earlier, nothing wrong with holding back some info that would be an immediate tip-off to potential buyers, but your question is important.

Is this an amazing, portable M.O.A.B.T. style effect (for the price, I doubt it) or just the re-working of a convoluted, over-exposed principle(don't agree? Well, In the last year I've been sent links to at least four different sites featuring a similar effect using the method I'm referring to).

Of course you get Jay's presentational ideas with your purchase. Maybe this is what really makes this a winner. I don't have it yet, so who knows.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This looks crazy! Sankey is good to count on for mentalism.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Folks,

is the strip of paper examinable before and after the effect? How clean are you with this?

Todd
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
This is the most interesting thing that Sankey has put out in a while IMO. I want to BUY!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's 99 demo (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL