The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » ACR Finale » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
What ACR Finale do you use??

in the past I used papperclipped, after the Vernon´s in the spectator hand move... (i don't know the real name)
but in a future gig, I will use the " Top Card" by Jay Sankey.
I wanna the audience remember the magic moments . and this souvenirs speak for himself

bye!!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2500 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Depending on the situation:
-Paperclipped
-Braue Pop-up move (an oldie but a goodie)
-CTW (or other impossible location)
-Fallen -- I know a lot of people on this forum don't like it, but assuming you've just got one or two specs in front of you, I've gotten huge reactions from this one.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Card in mouth has always served as a pretty good ending if you don't want to give away the cards at the end (giving a spec something that's been in ur mouth isn't a good idea).

Otherwise, mercury card fold it to somewhere, or load it back into the card box or your/their pocket.

If you can do their pocket you can give it to them as a souveneir without them realising etc...
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Essie
View Profile
Loyal user
Boulder, CO
278 Posts

Profile of Essie
I always use the Braue pop-up move - I still haven't found anything stronger than it yet.
"Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable."
-Jeff McBride
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I just found this idea I had in my notes when looking for the name of the sleight at the very end of this response. Unfortunately, my two different brilliant explanations on how to achieve this ending make no sense now whatsoever. I must have been tired when I wrote them down. I suppose you could use a Vernon Creeping Reverse. Here is the appearance anyway:

Stick the card into the deck with the promise that it is not only going to go to the the top this time but be turned around as well...

You put the deck down (hands off) and wave your hand over it. Nothing. You wave your hand over it again (more time passes). Disappointingly nothing seems to have happened as the card clearly hasn't appeared on the top the wrong way around. But wait... all the other cards are face up and their card is on top face down.

Well... as brilliant as I thought that was when I had the idea (as I'm sure many have had before me), I continue to like the Tipover Change by Jack Merlin better. I'll describe it here because I'm not 100% sure that I've got the name right. But it's a classic ending:

The ACR ending where you put half of the deck aside to make it even easier for them to follow. The card is pushed all the way into the half deck but fails to arrive at the top. But as it turns out... it has appeared on top of the deck, - the original top which is the half you put aside (or into their hands to hold) earlier.

(I do not personally like the card in mouth variation of this as I feel it kind of makes the spectator looks stupid. Especially if everyone standing further back is in on it at his expense. Not seriously insulting, I know, but I just prefer the card appearing on the other half of the deck more.)

I think that is my favorite ending that I could actually do.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
My published ending can be found in one of the threads listed in the topic at the top of this forum. The one entitled Please Read This Before Posting About the Ambitious Card.

There is about three days worth of reading there and every possible question about the AC has already been answered at least twice.
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
Quote:
Card in mouth has always served as a pretty good ending if you don't want to give away the cards at the end (giving a spec something that's been in ur mouth isn't a good idea).

Even if they say nothing, most audiences find pulling something out of your mouth rather distasteful even if you don't give it to them. And when you don't, what do you do with it? Put it in your pocket? Set it on their table? After handling it, do you try to shake their hand? Do they even want to touch anything you've touched after that?

There's no genteel way of handling it after doing such an un-genteel thing.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
WS,
You could have a flashing neon sign pointing at the sticky and even a WARNING threatening bodily harm and most will still post rather than search!

I find from the mouth productions as revolting as if you pulled it from your arse! I had a restaurant magician do this and I left the table and refused to pay for my meal!
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 19:03, MickeyPainless wrote:

I find from the mouth productions as revolting as if you pulled it from your arse!

Now there's a novel idea for an ACR ending right there! Yes... I can feel the plot ideas forming... ambition... a** kissing... climbing to the top... then emerging triumphantly from darkness and obscurity... ta-daaah!
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 16:45, Essie wrote:
I always use the Braue pop-up move - I still haven't found anything stronger than it yet.

+1,000,000

I haven't found one stronger than that either.

SEY
Ragiv
View Profile
New user
Prince George, BC
95 Posts

Profile of Ragiv
You could try "Riot.." The effect is similar to Fallen.
Jodie - SOCTV
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 20:20, Steven Youell wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 16:45, Essie wrote:

+1,000,000

I haven't found one stronger than that either.

SEY

Me, three.
john scot
View Profile
Special user
brighton, uk
585 Posts

Profile of john scot
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 19:03, MickeyPainless wrote:
WS,
You could have a flashing neon sign pointing at the sticky and even a WARNING threatening bodily harm and most will still post rather than search!

I find from the mouth productions as revolting as if you pulled it from your arse! I had a restaurant magician do this and I left the table and refused to pay for my meal!

I was in a pub with my girlfriend where a guy was doing tricks (for tips?) and first, he insulted our intelligence by doing the worst false transfer with a coin I’ve ever seen then produced it from his pocket. His script was and unenthusiastic ‘whey hey!’ The second phase was even more riveting, vanishing the coin he proceeded to spit it out of his mouth into his hand.
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
A lot of folks here are commenting on the Braue pop-up. I have to agree, this move kills! Smile
<BR>Mikey M.
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
283 Posts

Profile of Griff
I have used the Braue Pop-Up for a long time as my ending. If presented correctly it is a perfect ending (kind of like the bent corner ending to a 3 card monte routine). I'm not a big fan of endings that differ from the actual effect (card to mouth, pocket, wallet...wherever). If you're doing an effect that shows that the card always rises to the top, why would you make the ending any different?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm gonna have to revisit the Pop up! I use a rubber band around the deck and the selection reveals face up while banded (no, not Daryl's)! It works well but I was always pretty impressed by the pop up!

Mick
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
With respect to the production from the nether regions I am sorry fellows you have been beaten to it by a respected magician who does just that using a thimble and the 'pop' production, and yes it is in print.
james1a
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26975 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
John Ramsay would be so proud.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3211 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » ACR Finale » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL