The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Cap In Bottle, no skill (Ghost Cap) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why do you want to give it away? Do you give your chinese stick, your egg bag, your Devano Deck and other props away?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 00:11, Pete Biro wrote:
Why do you want to give it away? Do you give your chinese stick, your egg bag, your Devano Deck and other props away?

Well Pete, it kinda clinches the deal.
Magic is a vanishing art.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Pete

Ever get a clip up?

Don
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
Chinese sticks, egg bag, aren't exactly everyday objects found in a bar. It does seem natural if the cap remains in the bottle - and the trick seems truly impromtu - to not care if someone takes it as a souvenir. At least with coin in bottle you can remove the coin so the souvenir isn't an issue.
cardboardninjas
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of cardboardninjas
Quote:
On 2009-02-14 02:08, Pete Biro wrote:
All the above... and Porper will make gimmicks for any brands if you care to send them to him. But contact him first to sort out timing and costs.

If I want different brands at a later time, how much will it cost per cap?
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
The whole giving it away as a souvenir is over rated in my opinion. I mean who really wants a beer bottle, even if it does have a flat cap in it, to take home and keep.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
With all due respect...

While giving away a beer bottle with a cap in it to a customer as a gift is no doubt a cheesy "look what I did" thing...I have had many people over the years actually ask to keep it. It is in those cases that I believe it would be difficult to justify not being able to give away a worthless bottle with a cap in it. But I suppose that good audience management will always prevail in these cases. I bring it up just to answer the question.

peace, charlie
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
How is anyone buying this?

I don't see any teaser or clip?
Don
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
Quote:
On 2009-03-22 17:58, Redsixer wrote:
The whole giving it away as a souvenir is over rated in my opinion. I mean who really wants a beer bottle, even if it does have a flat cap in it, to take home and keep.

Maybe no one, but they may want to take a look at it after the effect. You could probably do that with this, but I wouldn't want to keep track of the bottle in a casual setting (bar, party, etc).
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Smith
I've had people want something as simple as a signed card and torn envelope as a souvenir or memento to remember a trick or a good time. If this effect is as good as they say it is, it's not hard to believe at least a few very impressed spectators would want the cap in bottle as a conversation piece or object of a unique memory. Some people even collect sea shells!
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
You can extract it and do a shuttle pass and hand them a cap to keep (not signed)
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 15:10, briana wrote:
No switches, no magnets, no bottle loads, etc.

No bottle loads? I don't follow you on that one.

This is the classic folding half-dollar in a bottle done with a beer cap. Not a bad idea Pete.

But, I feel like Charlie Justices' Prohibition is still the one to beat when it comes to a clean cap in bottle. It can be done impromptu, with any beer cap.

Only downside is that the cap is bent. But, everything is examinable. Not so with the folded beer cap.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Doug I don't consider the fact that Prohition is done with a folded cap to be a downside. That's just my opinion, though.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 23:22, edh wrote:
Doug I don't consider the fact that Prohition is done with a folded cap to be a downside. That's just my opinion, though.

Hey there,

Why not? It leaves a suspicion in their mind that somehow you put it in when they weren't looking. It's more impossible to put in a non-bent beer cap. I still think Prohibition is better but I may buy Pete/Porper cap.

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Do you need a special something to extract the new cap in bottle or can it be extracted like a folding coin?
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I just saw this for $11.40 at Wizardhq.com That's quite a mark down....
Bk
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks BK

Do you have it and if you do how do you like it?
Thanks
Don
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2009-04-29 20:15, bobbyk wrote:
I just saw this for $11.40 at Wizardhq.com That's quite a mark down....
Bk

That's almost a $40 discount. How is that possible?

Matt
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-03-22 17:58, Redsixer wrote:

I wouldn't think this would be the biggest thing in anyone's life. Most likely they would leave it on the table at the venue and the waitstaff would dispose of it. Bye, Bye $50

J
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
C'mon Pete, you mean the cap folds up? You spoiled the magic for me.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Cap In Bottle, no skill (Ghost Cap) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL