The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » What would a real magician do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
I am trying to think of ideas/effects that a "real" magician would do in his everyday life.
For example:
I don't think a magician would borrow a note and make it float. He might however, need a pen that is out of reach; hold out his hand and make the pen float to his hand.

I don't think that a magician would bend a coin. He might however, find a bent key and use his powers to straighten it.

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of mayniac
A real magician would apparently find a way to sneak a bottle of wine through security LOL. Here's a clip. It is at 2:26. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JYbTLNRT......nel_page
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I've considered the same question and see that we are a bit limited for as to what is possble to do.
Here is what some magicians might do in everyday life.
If a magician needed something, it would appear or come to the magi.
When he was done with it, it would disappear, go back to where it came from or transform into something else they needed.

Some things we could do:
Having a pen or cigarette float out of your pocket is good.
Producing or increasing the value of money.
A spoon stirs coffee while untouched.

I'm sure there several more.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Spending time appearing real cash continuously would be everyone's dream.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
A real Magician wouldn't really need to DO anything...

He'd just use his Magic to accomplish stuff...

His Magical abilities would essentially groom, feed, move and basically do everything for him, satisfy his every need...

The actual physical representations of that would depend on where he is living now...

He'd float chopsticks instead of fork and spoons if he's in China, for instance...

Or he'd just magically make himself NOT hungry... Lmao... Smile

Imo...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
A perfect exemple would be "Harry Potter". The magic used in the movies is only done when there's a real need of. Exemple : Hermion reparing Potter's glasses in the train of the 1st vol., "cleaning up" the table (with disappearing nottle from table in the 3rd vol....

Oliver.
Eric Woods
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
115 Posts

Profile of Eric Woods
A real magician may be unaware of the magic going on around him. He may set down his hat, turns around and it floats away - or - he may "accidentally" set his arm down on a large spike, then magically heal himself...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » What would a real magician do? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL