The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straight Jacket Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nnickerson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nnickerson
Hey everyone! I have a couple questions on sizing a straight jacket. I have been looking at getting an Abbott for a while now. Here's my problem. I'm tall and skinny. I've been told that it's the same size as a sport jacket. However, most of my jackets are custom made because of the odd sizes.

My chest is 39''. Which would classify as a small. My arms are 38'' at the cuff. Which is an XXL.

Of course my arms have to fit. But I don't want one so large it's practically falling off.

Can any body explain the sizing?

Thanks!
nnickerson.com
nate@nnickerson.com
myspace.com/magicnate
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I do not think you should have a problem. My jacket is too small for me and I have plenty of room for my arms.

You can always call up and ask what length the sleeves are.
-Matt
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Many times, the manufacturers have a height/weight chart, that will help you out.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Nnickerson call up Abbotts and talk to Greg Bordner he is the owner of Abbotts lets him know what you need. I'm sure he will help you out.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Thanks for the nice comments. We are always thrilled to know that people are enjoying their jackets. As to sizing, its like a buying a dress suit- some people do well buying "off the rack". Others, like myself, do not. We alter jackets all the time for folks. We use measurements from a long sleeve shirt. WHen you decide where you want to buy your jacket, take the following measurements and have them check to be sure it will fit:

Length of arm from shoulder seam to end of sleeve.
Distance around neck
Distance from adam's apple to bully button
Distance around belly at bully button.

These should help them fit it for you.

Clyde
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Anyone know of a source for standard Posey's with out dropping $250.00. I am needing a back up jacket and this will be my fourth Posey. My father bought my first one for me from the police department 20 some odd years ago that I grew out of. I bought the next one from Posey before they changed the rules but the arm strap is destroyed and there are holes from use. Then three years ago I bought my third one from an adult store for a reasonable price. Boy have they went up since then.

Will
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straight Jacket Escape (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL