The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » STAR WARS (as re-told by someone who never saw it...) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Funny. Enjoy! (or not...)

http://idle.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/16/157237

PS- Obama
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Hahaha that's funny!! Thanks Gaddy...
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
That was pretty funny and not a bad effort - I think she gives the "Star Wars according to a 3 year old" girl a run for her money.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I don't buy it. There's no way she never saw any of the movies and just figured that much out from clips and stuff. No way.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
That was really funny!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
I call BS too. Ic ouldn't have retold it that well and I just watched all 6 of them 3 months ago.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Agreed, she has definitely seen the movies.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Slashdot is a site for HUGE NERDS. If this girl is hanging out with a bunch of huge nerds I'd wager she could put it together like that...

More likely that she's seen some bits of the movies on tv but has never seen them all through.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
I'm with gaddy. It's easy to forget just how much of the Star Wars mythos has leaked into popular culture. There's a myriad of references in popular culture - from parodies to the Simpsons to advertisements to promos for TV showings of the film - and this has been going on for decades...

I haven't seen The Changeling and it's only been out for a few months, but I could make a pretty good job of describing the plot of that film and picking out the goodies and the baddies and that just based on a couple TV ads for the film.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » STAR WARS (as re-told by someone who never saw it...) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL