The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » And the best introductory line goes to... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hi Jim!

I know your standard opening, and why you do it, but frankly, that's never been an issue for me. I've never had to perform (professionally) in a venue where the noise level was to loud for me to be heard at a table--partly because in my restaurant gigs, I specifically seek out places that don't have that much noise.

I have done some impromptu stuff on occasion in very loud environments, but that has been very rare.

Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
carsonsweet
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of carsonsweet
Quote:
On 2002-04-08 03:08, phonic69 wrote:
Thats a very good point Jon, I'll go hunting for the tables where conversation has run dry even before the first course!

Saxon

...and leave them enough to talk about 'til the wine runs dry after the last course! Smile
Phil Lawson
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Phil Lawson
The Magic Menu suggests that you set their mind at rest regarding time, tips, who you are etc.. in one or two sentances set their mind at rest, then go on to have fun. One preformer asked if anyone had lost a knife and with a thread or loop moved it around saying it has a mind of it`s own
Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
Hi there, You're probably wandering who the tall dark handsome guy is, Oh you weren't, oh well, at least I'm tall, one out of three aint bad. Anyway, I'm the magician, hired by the management to spread a little more light and happiness round the room tonight, and to start with, I need the help of someone with a great imagination, Who's got the best imagination on this table tonight..... Into Invisible deck.

All of the above said really bright, positive friendly and "Over the top". I would tone it down a bit in really posh places, or make it even more over the top for kids, but something like the above in most cases.

Works for me anyway.

Andy
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » And the best introductory line goes to... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL