The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Meeting Mickey Silver in Las Vegas... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1969 Posts

Profile of Platt
Mickey is 100% original. His technique is flawless and his misdirection is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm fooled every time I watch him.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2009-03-06 11:46, canaday wrote:
Wasn't able to make it to the World Magic Seminar. I'm just curious, did anyone else see Mickey Silver throw the coin through the glass door or was that just a bunch of BS and hype?

Now, what makes you think I'd be full of B.S. and hype? Smile

No, for real, I think Mickey said something about releasing this on a DVD in the future. My guess is that its probably going to be a demo DVD without instruction.

There is an old post here by Mickey called "THE STUDY: THROWING A COIN THROUGH A GLASS WINDOW." See if you can find it--it fulfills the criteria he set forth in that post for what a coin through window should look like. Watching him perform this for a crowd of lay people was a real lesson in audience management and misdirection. He had perfectly sane laypeople questioning the window, wondering if the Bellagio glass door itself was gaffed...you know you are pretty darn good if you can misdirect their minds to this level. Here's hoping he releases this effect someday...
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Definitely ZERO, ZIP, NADA in the hype department! Everything you've heard or read about the man's ability with a coin IS fact! I watched him work from EVERY angle and never saw a thing I wasn't suppose to! Now as for BS....... we speak the same language so NO! Smile

Without a doubt an absolute prince of a guy, talent beyond belief, as funny as they come and sincere on top of it all!

I will continue to stand by my desire that I hope he NEVER tips his work!

Mickey, when you get the chance I'd love a copy of the pic we took for Dusheck!

Your brother from another mother,

The far less talented Mick
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I have never seen anything like Mickey. The WMS was my first opportunity to meet him. He treated me like a life long buddy. I got the chance to sit down with Mickey and Vinny at a table in the dealer room for a while. Both of these guys are true gentleman and almost more fun than I can handle! It was also great to meet Rannie and Eric. Same with all you other Café guys I got to meet.

Cheers,
Sam Teague
Sammy J. Teague
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10882 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
HI SAM it was a pleasure to meet you as well. thank you for the very kind words
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Being with Vinny and Mickey together was almost painful. I can't recall the last time I laughed so hard! Each a treat in their own right, but together, an absolute riot!
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
The Marini/Silver combo can be almost overwhelming, especially if you have acute angina.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10882 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
VINCE that's what Howie said when her breasts hit the floor..QUOTE BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE S--T.
Come check out my magic.

evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 04:06, vinsmagic wrote:
VINCE that's what Howie said when her breasts hit the floor..QUOTE BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE S--T.

Uhh...care to elaborate?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10882 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Just a jo9ke between me and vince mendoza
Come check out my magic.

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Actually the Marini/Silver/Mendoza trio is a hard act to follow!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13421 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
That was my favorite joke of the weekend. In fact, I just re-told it tonight.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
778 Posts

Profile of dduane
I had met Mickey at a Conclave a few years ago, and he was very kind to help me with my retention vanish. He also encouraged me to do more thread work. His advice had changed my approach to performing - especially coin effects. Thanks, Mickey, for the joy you bring - not only to lay audiences but to magicians as well! I live near you, and hope to see you locally at some time...

Duane
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
690 Posts

Profile of canaday
Hey Duane,
If you live near Mickey why aren't you coming to the Boston IBM ring meetings? We have Calvert coming in April.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Meeting Mickey Silver in Las Vegas... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL