The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Howdy! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
I just discovered this site. And it looks terrific. I had no idea something like this existed.

My story:
I live in Texas. I've been into magic for over 30 years. I did birthday parties while in high school and college. Now I only do free shows at children's hospitals and retirement/nursing homes (roughly two a month). I do these charity performances to offset the bad karma I create in my day job--I'm in advertising (forgive me.)

Most of my equipment was purchased over 20 years ago from Louis Tannen's in NY through their catalogs. My show would not impress other magicians--Linking Rings, Zig-Zag Can, 20th Century Silks, Giant 'B Wave, Ring in Saltshaker, Strat-O-Sphere, and other standards.

My show is much more about entertaining than awing people with my skills. To keep it fresh, I would like to add other tricks to my arsenal. But I don't really know which are best.

I've never known another magician or attended a convention or other magic event. Hence, I have operated in a vacuum. What I hope to get out of this site is any advice, tips, and insights into making my show better with each performance. If you have a must-do trick or technique for parlor shows, I would love to hear about.

I hope I can also contribute to this site in some small way. At the very least, I'll try not to make people mad or call them a butthead.

Wolfgang
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Capt. Coins
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Capt. Coins
Welcome from another newbie! This site is a treasure.
Riceboi
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Riceboi
This site is awesome... Smile
melish
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of melish
Just remember Wolfgang, there is no karma which cannot be purified! Welcome from another one who just discovered this site.
The Thaumaturge
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of The Thaumaturge
Sheesh!!Its dark in here.Lots of rooms to explore.Looks like its just my cauldron of tea.

Thaum
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Wolgand:

Welcome aboard.I use some of the stuff you mentioned.The Stratosphere is great.See ya.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Hello!
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Wolfgang,

I absolutely loved your introduction to the Café. I think you've surpassed the "bad karma" by such admirable things as performing for kids and old age homes. You have a natural gift for writing and I shall look forward to reading your post. Never hesitate to ask as you'll find people more than willing to help. Welcome! Smile
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy this site very much as I do.

Alex Tan
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
Wow i too did not know that such a wonderfull place existed..

mmm ,I'm 23 from Canberra, Australia and well i love magic i'm an amateur and would like to get into it much more seriously. Thus finding a chat room like this i hope to meet other magicians, as i've never met another magician before.

I'm very much into street magic and impromptu purerism slieght of hand stuff. I love Jay sakey, david blaine, Brad christian and jeff McBride just to name a few.

Righto speak to somone soon..

~peace.

by the way Wolfgang...I too hope to do free shows to kids in hospital and wards and the like to build confidence and practise....YAY..
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Welcome Wolfgang,
There's nothing wrong with the standards. My favorite trick, Cups & Balls, was enjoyed by Pharaohs. I really think that presentation and entertainment far outweigh the age of the props. And the props you mention became standards for a very good reason. Maybe instead of turning you on to new effects, the folks here will turn you on to new ways of thinking about what you already do.
By the way we may separated twins. I also don't have any magic affiliations, only do charity shows, and....get this... I also work in advertising (see you in hell).
-Josh
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Wolfgang Smile Smile Smile
Welcome among the friends. I really liked your introduction. Very warm and different. I am sure that you will spend as much time as I spend here.Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee while you begin to type your next posts.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Thanks, Tora. I hope you don't mind, but I put a little whiskey in it. Mmmmm.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Welcome Wolfgang,

this is the right place to escape any kind of vacuum! You will find a lot of answers here and ideas you will never ever have the time to try these all out! Have fun here.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Dr. Hoodwink
View Profile
New user
Eastern NC
42 Posts

Profile of Dr. Hoodwink
Greetings, Wolfgang, & welcome from another mage who also lives in a magical vacuum.

You've chosen a wonderful assemblage of wizards & enchantresses with which to correspond...I've learned much in my short time here.

I, for one, would like to see your show. In matters of both magic & sideshow presentation, I have found that living in a vacuum of sorts has been beneficial (though a bit lonely). Without other magical contact, your magic must be unique & special & entertaining in the extreme.

Again, sir, Welcome, & may your Liquor Cabinet of Curiosities remain filled.

Your friend in solitude,
HOODWINK

(wait a minute...squared circle liquor cabinet...airplane bottles...cup & ball finale loads?...hmm...I can cause some small trouble with this)
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Wizards and enchantresses? Dang, I must be in the wrong place. I thought this was the discussion board of hucksters and hoodwinkers.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Bienvenue!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Howdy! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL