The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Michael Vincent DVD Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
This set looks like a welcome return to form for alakazam. Well done Russ Stevens, you're showing L&L how to do it.
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Just got these in stock! I can't wait to see them myself.
make sure you order your copy from your favorite dealer world wide!
Come and get em'
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I have spent the last couple of days watching these DVD's.
They are fantastic !

Paul
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Does anyone know the running time on the disks?
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
The ad copy and the packaging do not say the running time but there is a lot on each of the 3 discs! It will take you a bit of time to get through them and then go back through them several time so you don't mis anything. You will want to stop it and learn what he is teaching. Take your time with it. I'm still on the first disc.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Yes, I noticed the ad copy didn't mention the running time. I was just hoping to know whether the disks were closer to 40 minutes each or 2 hours.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

The discs run at over 5 hours for the three discs.

Best,
Russ
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Sounds great -- thank you.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hello all,
I just picked up the new Michael Vincent DVD set, The Classic Magic of Michael Vincent, from Tannen's Magic yesterday and managed to make enough time to watch almost the entirety of disc #2 (Close-Up Magic) and WOW!!!! This is magnificent!

Everything from the production, lay out, and the material performed/explained is truly world class. Period. I truly enjoyed hearing about Michael's insights on approaching a group of people without seeming intrusive and some of his psychological points.

The Brainwave My Way routine is in my opinion too good to give away! I can't wait to sink my teeth into the other two DVDs. To Michael and all those involved in this project, job well done! I am looking forward to what's in store in future series on Michael Vincent. I would also love to see a hard bound book on the magic of Michael Vincent.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
How do these DVDs compare with the lecture series Mr. Vincent had been puttting out? I understand those were also highly regarded and he offered insights into theory which I'd be intereste in hearing. Do the new DVDs completely replace the older ones?

- Frank
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Just received my set today. Alakazam has raised the bar with this set.
I have only had time to skim through the last DVD so far. Even the packaging is over top.
First Class all the way!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Wow, this is the best dvd set that I have seen.

cant wait for the book
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
How advanced is the material on the set?
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
The set is great. The teaching is one of the best I've ever seen. There seems to be some mistakes in the effect listing though. Could anybody find the routine "Foursome"? It should be in disk 2, but I couldn't find it in all 3 disks.
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
I own many magic DVDs, as I'm sure many of us do.
I have watched one DVD from this set so far, and I can sincerely say, this is one of the best and strongest magic purchases I have made in the last 20 years.
Bravo Mr. Vincent!
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 02:20, KLG wrote:
The set is great. The teaching is one of the best I've ever seen. There seems to be some mistakes in the effect listing though. Could anybody find the routine "Foursome"? It should be in disk 2, but I couldn't find it in all 3 disks.

Hello KLG

The routine Foursome is part of the explanation for The Under The Spread Cull on Disc One. Check out the explanation of Kismet, Foursome follows on from there.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, I am delighted that you are all enjoying my new release.

Good luck.

Mike Vincent
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2009-04-24 08:02, fridoliina89 wrote:
How advanced is the material on the set?

There's a mixture of stuff on it. A lot of it is intermediate to advanced but there's also some simple stuff too. The third disc is Michael's series of tips on standard moves, so that's almost like a beginner's instructional disc. An effect like "Kismet," which is a one-deck "Do as I Do" kind of trick, is fairly easy when it comes to the sleights, whereas the reveals in the multiple selection routine, "The Amazing Discovery" are fairly difficult. I'm a lousy palm-er, so I tend to view the effects using things like the rear palm (Michael notes on the disc that some people are genetically incapable of doing this, as I think I am) as being very hard.

A lot of the set's value is not so much about the tricks per se as it is about the little handling touches and presentational elements he's added to them, and this thinking you can easily apply to your own work. Also, one thing that is nice about the set is that Michael talks a lot about making sleights more natural-seeming, so in some cases he teaches ways to make things simpler and easier. For example, he has a very natural and to my mind much easier handling of the cull than I've seen before.

I'll try to write up more about the set after I've watched all the discs.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I too recently received this set. I agree with the above compliments.
Michael is meticulous when it come to his card handling and he stresses that in his discussions. It was "nice" to see him drop the cards a few times in the teaching segment. Yes he had to pick some up off the floor........Why was it nice to see? Because even the best technically proficient performers are human and are not robots who never make mistakes.

That to me makes this set more be down to earth, so to speak, and you just feel better about striving for excellence. I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

It sounds like Michael Vincent has further DVDs upcoming if my ears heard things correctly. If so I'll be in line. Very well done.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Quote:
On 2009-04-25 08:38, Michaelvincent wrote:
The routine Foursome is part of the explanation for The Under The Spread Cull on Disc One. Check out the explanation of Kismet, Foursome follows on from there.

Thanks Michael. I should have watched the discs in order. Very useful tips on culling there.

I can't praise the DVD set enough. Had been re-watching the 3 discs many times in the last few days. Really looking forward to the future series.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
I have known Michael for something like 22 years now and first saw him lecture in London back in the 80's. Back then I could see that here was a talent with amazing sleight of hand skills and a very engaging performance personality. Michael is a thinker and a true student of magic. Dedication is an understatement and on these 3 dvds you will see the fruits of his labour.

Michael performs a close up and a parlour show on the dvd with a wide variety of plots covered. Michael's Kismet is a superb impromptu handling of the classic one deck do as I do that shows that subtlety and strong presentation can have a profound effect on an audience. I think a lot of people will be using this. Another item which really sparkled in the parlour performance was the intuition speller. Shuffled cards and yet the performer instantly spells to a card. This is a keeper and so so strong.

Michaels take on the multiple selections routine showcases just what expert handling should be. A seamless production of 10 selections one at a time using a brilliant combination of methods, some old and some new. Michael truly loves the classics and his take on the classic general/everybodys card where a joker magically transforms into 4 selections is a stand up stunner. Anybody who puts the time and effort into this wil have a superb routine in their repertoire.

Michael teaches all the material in a very detailed manner with all the finer points in handling and detail covered.

On the close up show, Michael peforms a dazzling multi phased ace routine which really builds to a superb climax. On this 2nd dvd he also performs his take on Vernons brainwave, with a brilliantly thought out handling which I believe will replace the gaffed deck approach favoured by most close up professionals. Michael takes full advantage of spectators assumptions during this effect which amplifies it into a knockout piece of card magic.

If you think that's all on this dvd, think again. Vincents take on the classic Bruno Hennig card in box is one of the strongest card effects I have seen in years. With inspirational sources such as Aronson and Giobbi, this version is top drawer and no stone is left unturned when Michael explains this.

On the 3rd dvd Michael talks about his background and the mentoring of students. He then discusses practise drills with the cards which help him attain precision in his work. Anybody new to card magic should study this section very carefully as it will help them attain a high standard in their work, if they really study these true secrets.

As well as the material mentioned above, there is a ton load of other performance material on these dvds which will amaze you, and enchant you and most importantly inspire you.

I could say more, but will say on record that this is some of the finest work on pure sleight of hand put onto video in many a year.

Highly recommended.

Kind regards

John Carey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Michael Vincent DVD Project (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL