The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Just heard from Epiphany Jean... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
That she is polishing up my Little Don chop cup (copper) and will be sendin' it out in about 2 days!

:dancing:

:yippee:

:bigdance:

:banana:

Thanks Epiphany...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Congrats Dom! Smile
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Good stuff - I have some goodies on the way too! Can't wait Smile
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Is there a better phone number than 757-414-0354 for calling RNT2 ?

Greg
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
I'm answering emails in the order they were recieved and as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
Epiphany Jean
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
And a fine job you're doing my dear!
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I'll second that!
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
Having placed an order a couple days ago, I have decided not to send her any emails at all for the next several weeks. I'm sure that just slows down the whole process. No bigger bummer than having to answer a ton of emails when you've got other things to do.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I know this is true. The cups get here when they get here. I've had to wait for several sets myself, but they keep coming in. I got some cups last week, and I got some sets today as well.

I'm leaving for Nashville tomorrow, but I should have some photos up before I go.

Epiphany, Marcie and Jake have a huge amount on their plates.

All of us have been lucky that they have been able to give us advanced notice of the closing of the company, and that they have been able to extend it. There have been times when it wasn't so good for magicians. When Magic Hands cratered, there was an extended period before the assets were sold to someone else. Nobody had any notice on that one.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
As an aside, I just relised that when I first started magic (8 years old) I used to save up my pocket money and get my parents to write cheques to Matchrite joke company and buy magic tricks. I used to have this giddy feeling waiting for them coming.

You would have thought I would have grown out of it by now...

I'm just kinda sad that when they arrive, these might be the last RNT2 sets I buy.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Yea... I'm with you on that. I just started to be able to afford to do business with
RNT2 and I'll be sad to see them go so soon. Great people.

-DJ
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 17:16, Bill Palmer wrote:
I know this is true. The cups get here when they get here. I've had to wait for several sets myself, but they keep coming in. I got some cups last week, and I got some sets today as well.

I largely agree. On the other hand, administrative mishaps happen. There were two such mishaps with my order. Had I not exchanged emails with Epiphany Jean she might never have become aware that my cups were marked as shipped but had not been.

I never advocate bugging people nor should you ever be rude. If things do not seem quite right, however, a polite email should enable everybody to straighten things out.

And yes, I do have my complete order now.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 17:36, Magnus Eisengrim wrote...

I largely agree. On the other hand, administrative mishaps happen. There were two such mishaps with my order. Had I not exchanged emails with Epiphany Jean she might never have become aware that my cups were marked as shipped but had not been.

I never advocate bugging people nor should you ever be rude. If things do not seem quite right, however, a polite email should enable everybody to straighten things out.

And yes, I do have my complete order now.

Cool! I sent an item to Jake as part of a trade deal in June of 2007. Unfortunately the items he was going to send me in exchange were never put into production. In May of 2008 we agreed to settle the trade for another product which, interestingly enough, also never went into production. Early in December, Epiphany agreed to send me a set of copper Mendoza cups to conclude that trade.

Also, an order I placed for some Linking Rings in November was shipped in December minus the included bag and a DVD. At the end of December I emailed to mention that, but didn't receive a reply. As a couple other people have mentioned, some RNT2 items have slipped through the cracks because they were to fulfill incomplete orders or were parts of trade deals instead of normal orders. Some of my merchandise has slipped through the cracks for the same reasons. Nobody's fault. It happens. But of course I'm anxious to receive the Linking Rings bag and DVD I purchased, as well as the Mendoza cups from our very long standing trade agreement.

Thanks Epiphany, Jake, and all. Smile

Greg
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
2007 is a long time ago. That is the same thing that happened to me.
A trade deal where I never received anything back. Ever.

+1
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 15:47, Epiphany wrote:
I'm answering emails in the order they were received and as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
Epiphany Jean

Wonderful to hear! Thanks for your work, and can't wait for the Princess and Mendoza Combo cups!

Good service all around for me.

RevJohn
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
Good choice! I myself bought a Copper Little Don and I love it!

If you would like to see a review on it, I wrote one over at CupsCon: http://www.cupscon.com/index.php?topic=243.0
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Yes, the crew at RNT2 is doing a wonderful job and should be commended. Of course mistakes will be made as this is part of life. I know everything will be made right though. These are good people we are dealing with!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 19:43, MagicByUriel wrote:
Good choice! I myself bought a Copper Little Don and I love it!

If you would like to see a review on it, I wrote one over at CupsCon: http://www.cupscon.com/index.php?topic=243.0

Thanks MagicByUriel...nice review BTW! I have always been a fan of the Chop Cup since 1970 when I bought my 1st cup from Paul Diamond in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am surprised (and ecstatic) at how fast the ball got rollin' on my cup since I placed the order on the 10th! Kudos to the crew at RNT II! Smile Smile

Cardamagically,
Dom.
:) Smile

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Philp
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Philp
Really enjoying working up routines with my 'new' church bronze mii jesters and little Don.

Regards,

Philip
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Came home yesterday evening, lo and behold a small box was on the dining room table. I checked the mailing label and sure enough it was from RNT! Smile

I opened the box and searched amid the newspaper wadding to find a small black drawstring bag. I opened the bag and found a gleaming copper chop cup and a small ziplock plastic bag with two 3/4" red crocheted balls. (I had requested black balls, but red is fine).

My first impression was a feeling of satisfaction/elation as this indeed is a beautiful piece of workmanship and design. The weight and feel of this cup is perfect and I am well pleased with this purchase.

The cup is 53.98mm (2.125") high and 53.57mm (2.109") in diameter. It weighs 3.15 oz. empty and 3.30 oz. with both balls inside. It's quite heavy for it's dimunitive size. The wall thickness is 1.37mm (0.054"). The inside height is 48.00mm (1.890"). All measurements were taken with a digital Mitutoyo caliper BTW.

The inside bottom of the cup has "Rnt II 2005" engraved & I don't know if this date is the year of manufacture or the year of introduction of the Little Don.

I will have to adjust the gaffed ball because it does not behave the way that I prefer, but that's a no brainer thanks to the Café and Mr. Bill Palmer's tips in the Secret Sessions.

Thank-you Epiphany and company for the quick turnaround with this order and I wish you & yours the best of luck in the coming year. Thank-you & Mad Jake for your prompt service & putting forth your best effort in creating some of the best & most beautiful products for close-up magic available.

Cardamagically,
Dom.
:) Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Just heard from Epiphany Jean... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL