The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Reset resources (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
Hello everyone.

Currently, I perform Bebel's Repro Retro (not the first 2 four of a kind productions the way he did it at FISM, I use my own productions), and Punk'd by Kevin Ho.

I am looking for other reset routines and where I can research them. Even though books and manuscripts can be hard to come by in Japan, I am willing to do the shipping and handling overseas etc... =)

I am an old school hard copy book / print guy =) so recommending old books and what not will not hit a brick wall with this young magician =) (Is 26 young?).

Meh, if you must, DVDs will do as well.... but only if I am in a good mood and I can forgo my coffee and magic book at a nice Café time, all in order to lock myself in my tiny room with my TV >_<
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
1) Art of Astonishment Vol. I - Paul Harris.(original and variations).
2) Card File - Jerry Mentzer. (Randy Tanner Variant and my fav).
3) The Card Magic of Nick Trost - Nick Trost. (Nick's own simple but effective).
4) Secrets of Brother John Hamman - Richard Kaufman. (The original inspiration for "Reset", "Underground Transposition", a fav of mine).

There are more I'm sure....

Cardamagically,
Dom. Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
MMAgicMan
View Profile
New user
Fairfax, VA
84 Posts

Profile of MMAgicMan
There is also:

5) Twister found in Totally Out of Control by Chris Kenner
6) Richochet by R. Paul Wilson (Not a book)
Dalton Jones
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Also "Reset, Reset" in a book called Variations by Earl Nelson.

Joe
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of martin1025
There is a version in the book "Simply Harkey"
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Here's a fairly new one...Underground Addition by Cameron Francis

M&S
Fripsmaster
View Profile
New user
Holland
33 Posts

Profile of Fripsmaster
I've done some research on the history and variations of Reset. This is one of my favorite plots in card magic. If you interested in other handlings or my handlings of this plot, let me know!

* Perfect Reset Reset - Louis Falanga (Apocalypse, p. 1241-2. Vol. 9, No. 8 Aug, 1986)

* Well-Oiled Reset – Larry Jennings (The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings, 1986, p. 46.)

* Persuasion - David Harkey (Simply Harkey, 1991, p. 227).

* Color (Re)Set - Louis Falanga (Spectacle, 1990, p. 35)

* Metamorphosis One - Jim Swain (21st Century Card Magic, 1999).

* Set-reset Plus - Roberto Giobbi, Bernard Bilis, Richard Volmer (Card College Volume 3, 1998, p. 616-619)

* Rubber Retro - Yannick Chretien (Yannick Chretien (DVD), 2009)

* Nullified! - Tom Stone (Random Walk (ebook), 2007, p. 6-12)

* Reset - David Stone (Real Secrets of Magic Vol. 2 (DVD), 2007)

* Reswindled - Caleb Wiles (Magic Magazine April 2006 & True Astonishments vol. 5

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 3:37pm
-----------------------------------
I forgot to mention these as well:

* Ricochet - R. Paul Wilson (2001).

* Resetting Reset - Bill Malone (On the Loose Vol. 4 (DVD), 2003)

* Greg Wilson – Reset with a hook (Card Stunts (DVD) & In Action vol. 1 (DVD))
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Their is also Retro Repro (I believe that's the name) by Bebel. This is on his recent DVD release.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Another couple are "Re-Set 21" by Jason Randall from "Magic for Professionals" (1982) and Walt Maddison's "Boomerang" which can be found in the booklet "Aces" (1982).

Paul.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 15:32, Fripsmaster wrote:
I've done some research on the history and variations of Reset. This is one of my favorite plots in card magic. If you interested in other handlings or my handlings of this plot, let me know!

* Reswindled - Caleb Wiles (Magic Magazine April 2006 & True Astonishments vol. 5

Just to clarify, Reswindled was published in the June 2006 issue of MAGIC Magazine in Joshua Jay's Talk About Tricks column. An updated handling will be featured in my new book High Spots, which will be available in March.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Reset Reset by Earl Nelson is excellent. It's in his book Variations Revisited. It also might be on his DVD if I'm not mistaken. His book has a lot of great material. If you can get it, do so.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Fripsmaster
View Profile
New user
Holland
33 Posts

Profile of Fripsmaster
Caleb, I apologize, I knew it was in June. Don't know why I wrote down April...Anyways, I bought High Spots at Andi's and it's great! Smile
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia and France
61 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
There is also a reset by Jean-pierre vallarino, I saw him doing it when I was in France.
Zatanna,female magician and mentalist, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner. Festival Off d'Avignon 2021 2022.
Magicien professionnel au féminin close-up et scène Cannes Monaco Côte d'Azur.
https://www.zatanna.pro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Reset resources (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL