The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » New to Dove's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Alexander
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Nick Alexander
Does anyone know a reliable breeder in Australia or some good books I could use for training.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5075 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not sure about breeders in Australia however, here's a source you could start with. They raise doves for social events but should be able to help you find a local breeder.

E-mail: doves@doves.com.au Phone 9399 2082 or dovehire@networx.net.au

As for training material, the best resource I have found is the Tony Clark series. There are many others but in my opinion, Tony's is the best.
Where the magic begins
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5769 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Just to possibly set the record straight...

If by social events you mean a Dove Releasing, I think you will find that those are not really Doves. I've been told that white Homing Pigeons and a breed of bird which is more a Pigeon than a Dove are what are used there.

The same source tells me that Doves do not fly very far nor very well, and are not homing.

This comes from a lecture on animal magic at The Oakland Magic Circle by Claire Coustiere.

Just passing it on,

Tom
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5075 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tom: That's absolutely correct however I've found that even though they use pigeons, the so called dove release organizations have sources for other birds. My suggestion was just a starting point.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » New to Dove's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL