The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funnels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shammond
View Profile
New user
Ohio
56 Posts

Profile of shammond
A colleague and I sometimes do school programs and use magic and comedy to teach kids about water. For the past several years we have used the Comedy Funnel to "drain" excess water out of kids. It's usually a great hit. However, sometimes the funnel gimmick acts up (tape loosens and we lose the vacum) and we lose the water prior to needing it. I understand that the Super Funnel works on a different principle with a mechanical snout on the funnel. Can anyone tell me if this is a better way to go? Which gimmick works better?
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
If this is the one I'm thinking of, I own it. You have to handle the snout part of the funnel a bit. You also can't pass a rope through it, although you could show it empty and even turn it upside down.

That being said, I prefer it to the more traditional version for the very reason that I can load it even HOURS before the show and never have to worry about it.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
992 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I use a comedy funnel as well. I used to have the same problem with mine when I first started using it. I now use it differently, as part of a two phase routine.

After having the kids have a drinking competition with special magic water from a bottle, I then use the leftovers to pour into the funnel, and try to fill it to the brim. I put the funnel snout into my left hand to seal the bottom. Without holding any fingers over the hole, I splash the audience with a little of the water (much like a catholic priest) to give some time for a good amount of water to load, and then after putting a finger over the hole, I then accidentally take the funnel off my left hand and the leftovers pour out onto the ground. This takes the heat off the funnel. You can even tip it upside down and only a couple of drops will fall out. Folks sure freak out when water then comes out of the kid's elbows.

I sometimes load a little yellow food coloring into a glass cup, and the kids think it looks like urine. I only do this to boys, and never girls. A bit gross, but done in fun it can really give lot's of opportunities for funny lines.
Hope that may help.
JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
gvmeihoff
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of gvmeihoff
Can anyone recommend a good routine with the Comedy Funnel and a Milk Pitcher?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Why not add the ice pick to the funnel and milk pitcher or. instead of water coming out have it be milk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funnels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL