The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Appearing Cage or Cage Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I know this has been discussed many times, but I am putting a somewhat different twist on this idea, so I thought I would solicit some opinions.

I want to do a cage production, but it will appear empty. After some by play and building the audience up to expect a bird prodction to fill the cage, I will produce a lizard instead.

I tried this out last night at home with tiny cage I have (finch size) and one of my smaller lizards. It certainly cracked my wife up, when I put the lizard into the cage.

The problem is, this particular lizard is skittish and prone to biting, so I am not 100% sure I want to work with her. The last thing I need is to get bit by something with razor sharp teeth while doing a show or chasing her all over the stage if hse gets spooked. Plus, when she gets angery or stressed. she goes from a brilliant neon lime green to a dark ugly brown.

I want to use one of my larger more docile lizards for this, but am seeking a suitable cage. Since he will not be in the cage, the saftey or mechinisims of the cage aren't that important. I would prefer a cage that has a solid bottom so his feet and tail don't fall through.

I am also open to suggestions for producing a regualr bird cage. I have considered using a parakeet cage, and stealing it from behind a screen after a large production of silks, but as I said, I am open to other ideas as well.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
You can get a stretching black material, similar to spandex, and sew/attach it to the bottom of your appearing cage. This will allow the cage to function normally and solve the problem you have regarding a bottom in the cage. The lizard's nails/claws should not be a problem with the thicker material.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thomas Clark is very creative at building things. He is also a magician. You might want to contact him to see what his ideas are.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Appearing Cage or Cage Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL