The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » True Astonishment replacement disk info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
An FYI for everyone that encountered a bad disk on the their True Astonishment set:

Everyone can go direct to your online shop or brick and mortar shop for disk replacement. Jason at The Astonishment Project is handling anyone that bought direct from the Astonishment project.

Or even contact Tim Trono at Murphy's for instructions on what to do and their disks will be replaced? You don't have to worry that you will find a disk later on that is bad if disk 1 was bad but 2-6 worked great. If you have a bad disk(s), you can get them all replaced now, so, no fears of trouble later on. I read through all the posts and see they want everyone to be taken care of with as little hassle as possible.

Also, I was told the Replicator found that a faulty screw on the replicating machine is the culprit. So, they are going to replace all disks that are in stock and at the dealers, so future purchasers won't have to worry about the sets.

Would anyone with bad disks be up for contacting Tim Trono ( timtrono@aol.com ) about sending Murphy's their bad disks? I'm sure they'd like to see any patterns on what came out good/bad on batches, etc.

I hope this information helps everyone and big thanks to The Café staff for allowing me to post it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
****ing DVDs.

As a dealer, I cannot tell you how much these ****ing *** things **** me off.

****ing DVDs.

they make me wish we all went back to VHS.

There's got to be a better technology! Vinyl?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
If they work okay now but some day down the road don't work anymore, will they still be replaced? Or are they just suggesting that everyone that bought this get them replaced now whether you have problems or not so there are no problems in the future. If some one could clear this up for me, Id appreciated it. Thanks.
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I think they either work or they don't. Some had a replicating error and some didn't, so if yours work fine I wouldn't worry about it.
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
Mine seem to work on a poor DVD player. On my best surround system they won't play.

Paul
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
"Astonishing!"
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Still haven't heard from the dealer concerning the disk replacement issue... To say that I'm feeling ripped off is an understatement... whatever... it's only $300.00. At least I have four discs that work good heh? Ridiculous... too bad I didn't order from the TA site then I good have been part of the "exclusive club".
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I ordered from TAP. What do we have to do to request new discs? And for that matter, how do I get to the special forum. I haven't received an email about that either.
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

The special forums for the Astonishment Project can be found here:

http://forum.trueastonishments.com/

you'll have to sign up with the email that you used to place your order then you will recieve two confirmation emails....one that confirms your registration and the other that confirms your access to the forums.

As far as replacing your discs, contact Jason Messina via PM here on the Café or via email at jm@trueastonishments.com
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 11:30, TravisRobertson wrote:
The special forums for the Astonishment Project can be found here:

http://forum.trueastonishments.com/

Just a note, these forums are exclusive to people who purchased TA through Jason.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks Travis!
Connman1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Connman1
I read somewhere that eventually the forums may open to other people who hadn't ordered from Jason
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-18 15:44, Connman1 wrote:
I read somewhere that eventually the forums may open to other people who hadn't ordered from Jason

At some point the forums may open up but many of the members want to keep it closed for now as it was a special perk for buying from the Astonishment Project. If you want some more information, there is a huge thread in the DVD review section about True Astonishments and this issue is addressed there a multitude of times.

**EDIT**
I guess that this IS the DVD review forum....so youre already in the right place. The thread about TA should be right above or below this one.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=111&803
Look for the posts by Jason Messina.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Updates???
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-02-25 06:54, Marc Frese wrote:
Updates???

Hi Marc!

Did you sue the contact info I sent?

Chris

Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Thank you Chris!

I have asked Jason.
Have also received a message!
But since then, I have heard nothing new.
Are the new DVD´s on the way?

Has anyone news?
I wanted Jason not bother again! Smile

marc
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I received an e-mail from Jason last week which said my replacement disks were going in the mail on the 19th. They should be arriving anytime now...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jason and the TA folks have been working it. Everyone should have their replacement discs anytime.

Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Thanks Mitch and thanks you Chris!
mwells
View Profile
New user
Salina, KS
35 Posts

Profile of mwells
Thanks I was wondering the same thing. I have been rushing out to check the mail everyday as I can not wait to watch these dvds since all of my disc were effected. I will keep watching the mail. I to did not want to bother Jason again SmileI thought I might sound like an eager puppy dog or somthing Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » True Astonishment replacement disk info (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL