The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Funnels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shammond
View Profile
New user
Ohio
56 Posts

Profile of shammond
Posted this under the comedy section, but got no response. I'll try it here.

A colleage and I sometimes do school programs and use magic and comedy to teach kids about water. For the past several years we have used the Comedy Funnel to "drain" excess water out of kids. It's usually a great hit. However, sometimes the comedy funnel gimmick acts up (tape loosens and we loose the vacuum, etc.) and we loose the water prior to needing it. I understand that the Super Funnel works on a different principle with a mechanical snout on the funnel. Can anyone tell me if this is a better way to go? Which version works better?
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
I like the funnel routine and also sometimes have the same problem with the vacuum seal. I may check out the super funnel myself. I do find that "removeable" tape works reasonably well.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
I posted a reply to you under the comedy section. In short, I've worked with both, and in the end I prefer a funnel that relies on valves rather than vacuum power, even if you can't drop a rope through them, for that very reason. That would be the Super Funnel, I believe. The handling isn't as clean, but you can tip it upside down and briefly show it as empty (I show it empty against my black suit).

Besides, I don't think the "impenetrable mystery" of where-did-that-liquid-come-from is the point of using the funnel anyway. The point is the comedic mileage you get out of milking a giggling kid's arm or hand!

By the way, something I haven't tried -- but imagine would work -- is to leave your vacuum funnel mostly-submerged in a bowl of water (or whatever liquid you are using). Then, if the seal is broken, it will stay full up to the level of water around the funnel. Catch what I mean?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
So...where would one (me, namely) find this Super Funnel without having to buy a Merv Taylor model with the Isley valve?

Steve Thomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Funnels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL