The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Private message (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
When I logged in, I had a "You Have A Private Message" icon flashing, but nothing new was in my inbox.

No big thing, but it was odd.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
If you have had one recently (like the last time you logged in) this will occasionally happen.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Yes, it will happen from time to time for users who don't log in very often or for other reasons. It usually happens when someone receives a PM but that PM is deleted before the recipient logs in. As it happens, today we had a person spamming the PM system (a big no-no) and I deleted a couple hundred PM messages that were sent. It's very possible you were one of those recipients, and you may not have logged in before I deleted those spam messages. I'm pretty sure almost all of those messages weren't read by the recipients, so that's a good bet.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Ah! That's fine, as long as it wasn't the harbinger of a potential crash or something.

Thanks.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Private message (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL