The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Help: Cannon usage! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Hello,

Anyone have used a Flash Cannon before?
I bought a second hand flash cannon from e-bay but it doesn't comes with instruction!
All I got is the remote control and the flash cannon. I bought a single tube flash canon.

Anyone knows what do I need in order to use that?
Do I need flash paper or something like that?
Or just put some confetti inside the tube and press the remote control whenever needed?

Kenny
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
If it is a standard confetti cannon/flash pot, it uses flash paper and wadding to launch the confetti. Whatever you do, don't put plain confetti into the thing. It might catch fire.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
So I will put a small piece of flash paper inside and some confettis?

thanks man! Appreciate it!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
That's not all there is to it!

Why not contact the maker of the cannon and ask for a copy of the instructions?

Also, could someone on the board provide him with instructions before he burns his house down? Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
Google "flash pot". You should find a great deal of info.

Trey
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
I think mine is a flash cannon. It comes with a remote control... The flash cannon has a tube-like thingy, get what I mean? I don't know how to describe it, but I will upload a picture of it later evening, its 7am here now.

But thanks for the information!!!

Appreciate it!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
T.G. Kenny, I use flash canons. I also have a remote flash canon with 2 sets of 2 barrels each. What size do you have? How much was it? I got mine from TopHat magic of Taiwan.

You must use ONLY flash cotton. Make a piece of flash cotton in a string about 2 inches. Insert it inside the small 1/8" hole and the other end must be touching the glow wire. Insert a 1" inch ball of flash cotton inside the tube. Followed by a ball of tissue paper. Then insert as much confetti as desired.

Post a picture so I can help you better.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
Do you need to have a pyro license in Malaysia? Remember what happened. At that Great White show a few years back. Pyro is dangerous!

Trey
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Sigh I don't think I can send the picture, I lost my friggin' camera.
My flash cannon is single tube. I got it for around usd$65.

I should've bought a packet of flash cotton and string! Oh well, I have an important show this coming Friday (shell petro's event). So now I see its impossible for me to put a more "colorful" ending. Smile

Kenny
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
798 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Everywhere in Canada & America, and in many other places in the world, you need certification as well as some special licenses. The certification is earned at the end of detailed training, and I think the licenses are unique to each performance.

Some places do not require certification & licenses for the use of flash paper/cotton/string, but you need to find that info from your area's governing agency and not from other magicians.

Go to my Web site (linked in my signature), and then go to "Other", and then "Pyrotechnics and Special Effects". The article tells you how to find out about training & licensing in Canada & America.

In my opinion, it is very dangerous to share tips on pyro useage or safety here, because it encourages untrained & unlicensed use of pyro.

Any magic trick that kills people is a bad magic trick, so don't use pyro without meeting all legal requirements.
Dan McLean Jr
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
4 months ago, a confetti canon exploded directly at my right eye. I thought it was empty, I pressed the trigger to peep if the glow plug was working and much to my surprise, it was fully loaded. I had 2 shows the next day. My eye was in tears and swollen. Good thing it was a stage show. I covered the swell with make up.

My right eye was blind for 2 weeks but I still continued with my shows with one eye. I thought I lost my eye. It's been 4 months now, my right vision is not 100% clear. I still see small black spots flying around.

But this doesn't stop me from loading and using the canons.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Yes, Lou. It makes the ending looks grand-er and MESSY lol.
So I just put flash cotton into the tube with some confetti?

Thanks! Smile
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Another consideration is whether your performers liability insurance covers the use of fire/flash. Many of the policies here in Canada do not cover this and so, you may be taking an extreme risk if you decide to use it. I get the sense that the original poster may not be taking much of this advice to heart, but hopefully, other people who read this thread take some of the advice to heart.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Help: Cannon usage! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL