The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » going to tradeshows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of magicman02
Hi,
I am becoming more interested in the tradeshow business lately. Right now I perform mostly restaurants and private shows with some corporate events along the way. I have read books on tradeshow (Hustle Hustle), and talked to a lot of tradeshow magicans.

What I want to do though right now is just attend a tradeshow as an observer and get a first hand experience of the tradeshow atmosphere. But, do I have to buy a ticket to attend a tradeshow, because aren't most tradeshows not open to the public? Also where can I find information about upcoming tradeshows in my area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Amir Ghasri
Atlanta Magician
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
13 Posts

Profile of Atlanta Magician
Amir,

I suggest you read the book by Paul Diamond, "It Takes Guts ******!" This is a great little book on getting past the gate keepers at tradeshows.

Jeff
"There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees."
-Michel de Montaigne
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Amir,

I wrote a lot about getting started in trade shows in Volume Two of my Success-in-Magic program. The best way to get started is at local shows in your area. I'm going to discuss that in more detail in my next newsletter which will be going out next week. You can sign up for the free newsletter at:
http://www.success-in-magic.com
Hope to hear from you.
Magically yours,
Jim Snack
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
WarlockDrummer
View Profile
New user
Chicago (Evanston)
21 Posts

Profile of WarlockDrummer
Amir,

The Anaheim Convention Center is the largest convention center on the west cost. Not all conventions are closed to the public, or if they are, you can often still sign up, sometimes for free. It doesn't hurt to show up and see. I would check out the web site to look at the schedule and pick your best bets:

http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/c......ain2.cfm

Smile
!WD!

"80% of life is showing up."--Woody Allen

"That's how the world will end, not with a bang, but with a whimper."--t. s. elliot
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
130 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
Try going to a trade show and either sneaking in or asking someone who is leaving if you can have his/her badge. Or, just buy a pass. Consider it part of your informal business education.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » going to tradeshows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL