The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bed Of Nails World Record!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
KyleTyler
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of KyleTyler
Stephon, I suppose I'm looking at it from my point of view rather than a lay audience's point of view. Because I know karate is unrelated to BON then in my innocence I see it as a group of friends who happen to go to a karate club which keeps them at a good level of physical fitness and allows them to work together efficently as a team. I suppose a lay audience just sees the uniforms and black-belts and thinks that it must be because of their ninja training.

11 BON folks!? Sounds crazy and rather fun. Surely the person on top should be doing blockhead with a well spaced mini-BON?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
We shall need to arrange a Convocation. Mutually convenient times, are hard to come by.

And at the end, the support staff get to play "connect the dots", for some final message, or the sake of Art, or something.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
We would definitely need to work on this for a minute.......let's figure out who is down for it and then organize!!! Harley, you seem to be the one who should think about the technical aspects of this and what we would need. Once the technical side is worked out, I can organize the construction of everything here.. based on your requirements.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Count me in, I love a challenge. Also willing to help with bed making, which is the part most are going to avoid Smile That's a looooooottttt of nails and a lot of weight to transport though. I think T-Ray has the right idea that wherever this is going to be done at, is where the beds should be built.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
We'll have to design it, according to how many people participate. All the planning in the world, won't make a difference if we don't have enough participants.

If we want an official record, we'll have to duplicate their beds, for nail size and spacing.

I've watched it, several more times. The ladder is crucial, though they pay no attention to it. It spaces their elevations from the ground, and by keeping their legs apart and their bodies rigid, they create a three point suspension for each person.

The actual beds, only support their backs.

I have confidence that with Danny, Gwyd, and a couple of others, we can duplicate and better this, with minimal time and effort. And I MEAN minimal. I don't see this as complicated, except for some of the logistics. We're trained professionals.

The main question in my mind, is about the publicity value of doing it. How do we generate huge PR out of it? If we don't, it's not worth the effort.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 15:25, Harley Newman wrote:
The main question in my mind, is about the publicity value of doing it. How do we generate huge PR out of it? If we don't, it's not worth the effort.

I have a feeling T-Ray has something up his sleeve.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
I would be in, I think one of the first steps T-Ray would be to get the record requirements from Guinness World Records, sometimes they have very odd specifications that would make no sense but have to be followed or the record will not be accepted, in addition to this if you do not pay for an adjudicator, the video evidence adjudication process can take a VERY long time to be processed. Some things they may be picky about are, Bed of Nails width and length, nail size and length, and configuration of the beds. I think breaking the actual record would be the least of our worries...
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
There seem to be a lot of East Coasters on the forum. I could speak to the folks at Coney Island. Super freak week is coming up in April. Not to take things away from T-Ray who started the post and came up with the idea. We can't have an East Coast-West Coast grudge match. We're not rappers.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Harley, that part is the most difficult to do. I've towed cars with my nipples dozens of times. Not once did it receive the recognition it deserves. Time to have a serious chat with your agent.

I've laid on a bed of nails, even walked on one once. Neither time was for performance. If you need an extra body, I'm in. If my inexperience in the field of BON is cause for anyone to complain, I'd be more than happy to help with the build.

TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Oh, and I'm in.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
And Erik is right. T-Ray or whomever is the co-ordinating director needs to register at Guinness World Records website and make a claim. After 6 weeks, they'll get back to you with either an approval with guidelines or a letter of rejection with NO explanation whatsoever.

With enough media coverage, witness affidavits and all forms of record (video, photo, etc.) you'll have no need to hire an adjudicator. In addition to having to pay Guinness for the ajdudicator, you have to pay for his/her round trip air, accomodations, and other expenses. With all that money spent, the claim can still be rejected.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Now that Ripley's owns Guinness, it might be a bit easier.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Cripes, how'd I miss this for so long?

I'd love to be a part of this.

I liked the video, I think that they should have thrown in some lettuce leaves and tomato slices.

Yours,

Paul
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I know its not exactly the same but check this out http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf......=1839394

Good Luck,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Coney, for the Freak Week, isn't enough time to plan properly.

www.bladewalker.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Just talked to Sylver...She's in. I think she would do well near the top.
I'm thinking we want the lighter people up there...
So far that would be Brett and Sylver.
Gwyd
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
This is DEFINITELY for "The CONEY ISLAND of The PACIFIC"......The VENICE BEACH FREAKSHOW!!! I'm HYPED!!! I'll check on the requirements for the world record and I GUARANTEE INTERNATIONAL PUBLICITY for ALL INVOLVED!!! Harley, I don't think it would take too many practice runs.....just good planning in terms of support and balance as the stack gets higher. Let's decide now how many people we believe we can stack. Then the question is how do we keep the stack safely balanced? Then, how do we top it off to BLOW PEOPLE'S MINDS??? I'll get this on every nightly news in The WORLD!!!! CNN, MTV, TMZ, LA TIMES, NY TIMES....LET'S DO IT!!!!!! Smile
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
The World Record process doesn't look to complicated. There are other bed of nail records that we could beat the same day!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes. Except for duration, I can or have already. I'm tempted.

But if we do this, there's so much more...

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I wish I could get involvedin this - why does all the fun stuff happen in the USA......????

Oh and Harley ........
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 09:31, Harley Newman wrote:
I've been trying to figure out how to do less than one nail, but it seems so pointless.

At least you wont get shafted!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bed Of Nails World Record!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL