The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bed Of Nails World Record!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 05:50, dave_matkin wrote:
I wish I could get involvedin this - why does all the fun stuff happen in the USA......????

Not all the fun stuff...just most of it. Hey didn't the movie Hostel take place in Europe? That looked like fun.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Dave, you must be kidding or out of your mind! The Guinness show is shot in London! Plus the one in Spain and there's ones in other countries I forgot.

If there are more applicable records to break or even set (set a record means there isn't any yet), then you have to apply for each one at the same time you apply for the first one. I have applied for over a dozen records and have received 3 so far. The process is pretty self explanatory.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
You got me! I would love to be involved. I even have a place to crash in LA so either coast works. What if Harley works out the size and we all build our own beds? Or we could have a BoN building party?
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 09:46, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Dave, you must be kidding or out of your mind! The Guinness show is shot in London! Plus the one in Spain and there's ones in other countries I forgot.

If there are more applicable records to break or even set (set a record means there isn't any yet), then you have to apply for each one at the same time you apply for the first one. I have applied for over a dozen records and have received 3 so far. The process is pretty self explanatory.

and:-

Quote:
On 2009-02-18 08:38, Addy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 05:50, dave_matkin wrote:
I wish I could get involvedin this - why does all the fun stuff happen in the USA......????

Not all the fun stuff...just most of it. Hey didn't the movie Hostel take place in Europe? That looked like fun.

I did not mean setting of new world records.......

I meant side show gatherings, harleys lessons and all the fun side show stuff ...... not much in terms of get togethers happen over here - yes as a posative.......we have the Blackpool magic convention (this weekend by the way) ..... and erm ..... we came up with Guiness and good beer - not like the "making love in a canoe" type you lot have ......

But in terms of bog escape and sideshow convension type things - we are smaller (i guess you could say more elite / selective - but how do you explain my presence (i was going to say Ken but as I will be seeing him 2 times I a month (more than anyone should be exposed to him) I dotn want to get my *** whooped.

But on the up side - if you guys wana come over to do the nail bed sandwich thing over here that would be cool - or if I could get over I would.......

dave
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-02-16 23:16, Todd Robbins wrote:
Harley set a record years ago with four nails. Then he did two and now does a bed with only single nail!

But I have that beat. I am now doing a bed of nails with NO nails. Thank you and good night.

Hmmm...lying on a bed of nails with no nails, no board and me not even being there...that'll top them all!!!!
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
East coast here. If you need a heavy guy let me know. Or pay for Nutrisystem and have a slightly less heavy guy, but remember that results are not typical. Maybe we could get a van going from Coney to T-Ray picking up performers along the way. Alas more planning and scheduling...

Michael
website update coming next week!
http://www.ProfessorFountain.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Well if your putting a vanm together - count me in - may be pick me up first? Smile
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Danny Borneo and the Olde City Sideshow guys have a tour bus.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
It broke down Smile and is now sold. Although we are working on something better.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
A tour cruise ship?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
No, a steampunk airship!
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Geez, now you guys have me thinking.....
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-19 10:53, drwilson wrote:
No, a steampunk airship!

I can make you one of those.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
As long as Danny isn't replaced by Jason Patric.

ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 11:02, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 10:53, drwilson wrote:
No, a steampunk airship!

I can make you one of those.

we need to talk Smile
I'm in for anything, even if its just spotting and building.
ohh the excitement!
Jon Royer
View Profile
New user
Warminster, PA
70 Posts

Profile of Jon Royer
Reggie and Danny,

Sorry to hear about your transportation.

As far as the stack of BONs, I would love to help. The only tough thing would be getting out West.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Just thinkin' off the top of my head, here:

The layers would probably have to be criss-crossed, so the weight of each layer is distributed across as many people as possible. The hard thing is going to be placing beds and people on the pinnacle-ward section of the pyramid.

Maybe I shouldn't speculate more on a public forum . . .

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Are we looking at a "cheerleader" pyramid, or one that is three dimensional?
I think I have figured out some of the logistics of a cheereleader type, but a 3 dimensional one...That gets a little more dicey.
As for speculating on a public forum...Should we really be concerned? We are not talking about actual BON method, just methods of stacking beds and the number of people needed. Harley's idea used 11?
Of course, if we wanted to take this off list, we could create a yahoo group to discuss details...
Any thoughts?
T-Ray, do you have any proposed dates? Anything on the regulations surrounding the stunt?
I really really want to do this.
G
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
No cheerleader. They're extremely unstable. We're talking 3-D, five high, with a top-stander.

Those ladder things look pretty helpful.

Regulations? Hah!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Yeah, T-ray has to seriously apply at the GWR website. Yes, Harley... there are regulations... and then there are Guinness guidelines, then more regulations, depending upon which town it is in, there may be permits to be had. Did I mention regulations?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bed Of Nails World Record!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL